Page 7069 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6069656969697019705970647067706870697070707170747079711971697569 ... LastLast
Results 141,361 to 141,380 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Curious as to where you're getting that 90% statistic. I don't think I get that much wrong. Also, you're not a teacher.
    you're not even reading my post huh

"hypothetical scenario" means reality, now I see

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere in hypothetical scenario do I say either that I am a teacher (and frankly thats a good thing) or that you, Royd, are one of these hypothetical students.

Now, if you feel called out while I'm setting up the behavioral pattern is some thought experiment, maybe ask yourself why you feel that way, since you're not actually what I'm trying to argue.
    And just be to be safe, what I am trying to argue is that, sometimes, mocking others in a way that instills them with the idea that they can and perhaps should do better, is not something to immediately frown upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Tho I'd rather drop this entirely if we're making a drama out of this, but feel free to continue in my absence

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a banana

Do you want a banana shrapnel

I promise it tastes good

Its a relaxation banana
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Ooooh yes please

(I actually am Zurvan mind you)

Blog Entries
    I know that

Thats why i gib banana

- - - Updated - - -

Just didnt realize u changed name, the post was just classic zurvan in my head lolol

So, I'm the only that gets

castor's banana

not sure how to feel about that

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Alright, lets say in some hypothetical scenario, you're a teacher with students, and you're testing their knowledge, some students give answers so wrong it hurts to see. Can I then mock their answer? No, of course not.

Now lets say that some students give answers so wrong it hurts, and do this with 9/10 questions they answer. Can I mock them now? No no, thats just bad!

Now lets say that some students give answers so wrong it hurts, and do this with 9/10 questions they answer, because they don't bother reading the damn materials to understand the subject. Can I mock them now?

Now, to finish this up, lets say that some students give answers so wrong it hurts, and do this with 9/10 questions they answer, because they don't bother reading the damn materials to understand the subject. And they've been doing it for years to boot. Can I mock them now????
    I actually did work as a teacher for years, and no, you still can't mock them even then. Even when they are adults (I taught minors and adults alike.) You can get into real deep shit if you do. It's the way the system works.

I realize it's not the same thing as talking with equals in an Internet forum, but then the comparison is flawed to begin with.

I have a banana

Do you want a banana shrapnel

I promise it tastes good

Its a relaxation banana
    ... the banana has worms, doesn't it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I actually did work as a teacher for years, and no, you still can't mock them even then. Even when they are adults (I taught minors and adults alike.) You can get into real deep shit if you do. It's the way the system works.

I realize it's not the same thing as talking with equals in an Internet forum, but then the comparison is flawed to begin with.
    ....If only Kayneth had learned that lesson. Without considering how very wrong Waver was, if Kayneth hadn't ripped him a new one in front of the entire class, the former wouldn't have had the bright idea to steal his catalyst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    How dare you even imply that

My bananas are bonafide shiny fruits

- - - Updated - - -

So putting aside the bananas

not to escalate things pointlessly but how does a teacher make a student who just dont want to learn, learn then

Realistically speaking

Not mocking them because that certainly won't help. I'd say letting them fail is the best option, but always being there non-judgmentally.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you're not even reading my post huh

"hypothetical scenario" means reality, now I see

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere in hypothetical scenario do I say either that I am a teacher (and frankly thats a good thing) or that you, Royd, are one of these hypothetical students.

Now, if you feel called out while I'm setting up the behavioral pattern is some thought experiment, maybe ask yourself why you feel that way, since you're not actually what I'm trying to argue.
    And just be to be safe, what I am trying to argue is that, sometimes, mocking others in a way that instills them with the idea that they can and perhaps should do better, is not something to immediately frown upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Tho I'd rather drop this entirely if we're making a drama out of this, but feel free to continue in my absence
    I'm saying the hypothetical scenario isn't analogous to reality in this case because you're not someone who society has intrusted with authority over me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Not mocking them because that certainly won't help. I'd say letting them fail is the best option, but always being there non-judgmentally.
    Isnt working

Next method plx.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Isnt working

Next method plx.
    You try to make the subject interesting for them.
    Then you try to convince them why it's important.
    Then what consequences they'll face if they don't start fucking doing their work.
    Then you let them fail and encourage them to actually do better next time because they can do it.
    Then if they still don't care and keep failing... Well, you probably have other students who either care about things or need your help or both, time to stop wasting time and energy with the asshole.

Thank you.

and then 30 years later when they finally aren't your problem anymore, can you mock them then?

That's your problem, but I'd still say no because no teacher should really do that, even if the person is no longer their student.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Isnt working

Next method plx.
    If failing repeteadly at something as important as graduating (as opposed to, say, merely memorizing Type Moon minutia) isn't enough to make someone put enough effort into it, then that person is enough of a loser you aren't really going to make a difference either way.

A teacher is like a psychologist in that regard; you can and must help people, but there's a point at which you realistically can't help anymore someone who doesn't want to be helped. Still doesn't give you the right to mock them though, but in a way they're already making a mockery of themselves without needing your help.

JP Friend Code
    For a second I thought this was on a question like “was Kayneth right in mocking Waver” and then it was just this. Let’s all be friends guys.

Anyway I have another question on Svin—I had “read” vol 6 & 7 but I can’t trust the translations because yeah google translate. Was it true that he was put through a lot of extreme tests/almost torture?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So, I'm the only that gets

castor's banana

not sure how to feel about that
    Told ya. Castor X Zurvan OTP.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    and then 30 years later when they finally aren't your problem anymore, can you mock them then?
    What makes you think we wait that long to mock them? We just don't do it to their faces (well, most of us don't).