Page 7077 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6077657769777027706770727075707670777078707970827087712771777577 ... LastLast
Results 141,521 to 141,540 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LightUnite View Post
    So, I'm curious about something: Are there any hints or clues of Susanoo and Kusanagi appearing in any Fate related media? It seems a little odd that one of the most culturally and historically significant items in Japanese culture and history to not be at least mentioned in it, where there are all manner of historically and culturally significant figures and items.
    SusanoO was mentioned by Tamamo in hawaii event, saying her jumping power surpasses him in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    The layer that is the current human world is the jinri (Human Order/logic of human/Common Sense of man...etc w/e translation you feel like), think of it as the laws of physics as Holmes put it during Camelot meeting, or the laws of how things works in the perspective of humans. That's why mythical beings and humans can't coexist in the modern era, because of differences in laws of the world. Removing the layer means the old layer will surface and things will go back to the law of the age of gods, and that will allow not just the fantastic beasts to come out of where you find them atm but also the gods from their realms to return to the world, it's simple as that. But just removing it alone doesn't guarantee that, because even after Goetia burned the jinri and you see dragons and demons running around in almost every singularities due to them leaking out from the reverse side, humanity still resists.The AoG did not end directly because of lacking of mystery per se, it's that the jinri of modern era constantly pushed forward the idea that gods are not real with the advancement of science, and the result of science is what made mystery decay as well as the changes in the environment, especially the disappearance of True Ether, which was said to be what births the planet and composed bodies of the ancient gods. Increasing mystery literally means you have to revert the mindset of humanity in, say 2018, to back in the stone age or something, or outright remove/replace the current jinri entirely, which is basically what is happening in FGO part 2. First, the alien god froze the current jinri, then planted the cosmos trees so they can take roots and bloom. Once only 1 tree remains, it will basically consume the frozen jinri with its power to "rewind the jinri and put it back under god", and the jinri of the whichever Lostbelt in that tree will replace the current one. That's why LB5 was regarded as the best one by the alien god, because it's literally the most prosper time for the ancient gods before Sefar crashed the party, thus when the jinri of that LB replaced the FGO one, the law of the world will be back to the AoG.

BTW Gil is not the sole reason for the end of the AoG. The invasion of Velber dealt the biggest damage, and there's an incident in ~700 BCE. Arguably the creation of modern magecraft by Solomon also contributed to that. By the time Gil came around, most of the ancient gods already left the world. Gil is just a final attempt to salvage the situation by the Mesopotamia gods. In other places of the world i.e Britain, the AoG continues till even the time of king Arthur and arguably a lot of stuffs involving gods and demons are all over the place during the Heian era in Japan, which is around ~1000 AD. In the case of Norse gods, Surtr-kun is there to burn them all during around 1000 BCE, if they still refuse to leave.
    Yeah and then Nasu said that the Age of Gods ended in 700 BC, 500 years before King Arthur, BUT he is supposed to have been born between 0-100 AC. Let's hope Nasu doesn't say "It's an AU, LOL." while twirling his magic wand. If an Outer God appeared and used his/her/its Od to start any kind of ritual all over the world, wouldn't it cause a massive spike in Mystery since they are from different UNIVERSE's and as such work under different rules which cannot be explained or explored by science? If humanity did ever manage to reach that level of prosperity, the Counter Froce and Alaya would give up on the world and no more possibilities will arise from it. Gradually the world would be removed from the jurisdication of the Alaya and the Counter Force and be destroyed in around a hundred years by Gaia and the other types. The resources left behind after its destruction would be used to make new parallel worlds where humanity has better chances of survival. I think I got that right. By the way, are Alaya and the Counter Force the same thing or are they like the Goetia(Counter Force) and Solomon(Alaya)?
    Last edited by CrazyLich79; February 10th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AoG ends differently depending on the region. Its a slower death on islands.

- - - Updated - - -

Mizukume even said that in exactly the comment you quoted lol
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    AoG ends differently depending on the region. Its a slower death on islands.
    So? And yes, I did read what he said about AoG ending differently in some areas. Look what I am saying is that it is said the AoG ended in 700 BC while the detoriation stared sometime in 12000 BC, just after Sefar's invasion and I am quite sure that it is also said it ended 500 years before King Arthur, the dates don't match.

Blog Entries
    that disrepancy might very well be caused exactly by the difference of area
    aog ends has always been a period of ending of slow death, not an exact cut off between one age and the next. there is no actual exact date of AoG ending.
    nasu does not need to say "its an AU lol" because there is no contradiction here

- - - Updated - - -

also, 700 BC is the date of a 3rd factor that contributes to AoG ending, not the exact date of AoG end itself (there is no such thing)
    its a slow dwindling after an X thing happens in 700 BC, its not a clean cut

for all we know, it took the majority of the AOG to end completely in the period of 700 BC to 500BC, and then it slowly creeps in to Britain
    Last edited by castor212; February 10th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLich79 View Post
    Yeah and then Nasu said that the Age of Gods ended in 700 BC, 500 years before King Arthur, BUT he is supposed to have been born between 0-100 AC. Let's hope Nasu doesn't say "It's an AU, LOL." while twirling his magic wand.
    700 BCE is the "Opportunity". Nowhere was it stated that it's literally the end point. Whether it ended or not entirely depends on the texture of a particular region of the world being gone or not. The AoG for the Olympian Gods ended simply because they were forgotten, we did not even know when their texture changed into jinri mode. Norse Gods got fucked by Surtr-kun during around 1000 BCE and wiped their texture clean. The statement in Garden of Avalon literally stated this shit. The rewrite of the texture (the changing of AoG texture to current jinri) will be faster on continents thus making the AoG "end" in those areas faster than on islands. Britain is one of those, and even in 2014 the Japan peeps still afraid of divine punishments from the kamis lol. Basically if you want to know a definite "end date" for the AoG, then that's not a thing.

If an Outer God appeared and used his/her/its Od to start any kind of ritual all over the world, wouldn't it cause a massive spike in Mystery since they are from different UNIVERSE's and as such work under different rules which cannot be explained or explored by science?
    They are treated as gods/demons within the universe of awareness, thanks to Lovecraft. There's a reason why all Outer Gods we knew atm all acting through a vessel and not directly. They got restricted just like the other gods.
    If humanity did ever manage to reach that level of prosperity, the Counter Froce and Alaya would give up on the world and no more possibilities will arise from it. Gradually the world would be removed from the jurisdication of the Alaya and the Counter Force and be destroyed in around a hundred years by Gaia and the other types. The resources left behind after its destruction would be used to make new parallel worlds where humanity has better chances of survival. I think I got that right.
    No, you got nothing right. You are confusing pruning with Notes for some reason.
    By the way, are Alaya and the Counter Force the same thing or are they like the Goetia(Counter Force) and Solomon(Alaya)?
    Alaya is the humanity's counter force, the collective will of humanity to survive. And idk what you're talking about Goetia and Solomon, they are none of that.

for all we know, it took the majority of the AOG to end completely in the period of 700 BC to 500BC, and then it slowly creeps in to Britain
    I suppose.
    No, you got nothing right. You are confusing pruning with Notes for some reason.
    Guess I'll have to go back to re-reading the source material and trying to wrap my head around the Quantum Time-Lock thing.
    Alaya is the humanity's counter force, the collective will of humanity to survive. And idk what you're talking about Goetia and Solomon, they are none of that.
    I thought the counter force was like a system made by Alaya, just like Goetia was made by Solomon.

JP Friend Code
    The misunderstanding you got came from your misunderstanding of what the Counter Force is. So do homework on that and maybe you can understand the whole thing by yourself afterwards.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Is there anything truly eternal in Nasu's works?
    Last edited by BeastXxx; February 10th, 2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: F**K Autocorrect

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Is there anything truly eternal in Nazi's works?
    Well there are theories of Hitler and immortality here and there.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Is there anything truly eternal in Nazi's works?
    Akasha, perhaps, but that's more because it's a cosmological constant.

Even then, though, the heat death of the universe will arrive eventually and who knows how it interacts with that. Perhaps Asimov's The Last Question will be answered, but perhaps not.

Blog Entries
    why do we suddenly speak about nazi

Blog Entries
    It was really unexpected, I did nazi it coming

I know that joke was a low hanging fruit, but I said it first, so I God it for the Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    It's all Darnic's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Akasha, perhaps, but that's more because it's a cosmological constant.

Even then, though, the heat death of the universe will arrive eventually and who knows how it interacts with that. Perhaps Asimov's The Last Question will be answered, but perhaps not.
    Isn't universe heatdeath limited to human awareness universe in TM?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Aren't there other systems for other species on other planets, or did the Umbral Star take care of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I don't think we know whether Velber wiped out all other extraterrestrial life (big doubt tho), but we certainly don't know whether any of them have anything like the human order, I'd wager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    I don't think we know whether Velber wiped out all other extraterrestrial life (big doubt tho), but we certainly don't know whether any of them have anything like the human order, I'd wager.
    Gil goes to another planet in CCC and aliens come to live with humans in Tamamo's ending.Safe to say there are a lot of aliens velber hasn't found yet.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Pretty terrible track record for the supposed civilization destroyer then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Depends on how many alien species are there out in the universe.