Page 7130 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6130663070307080712071257128712971307131713271357140718072307630 ... LastLast
Results 142,581 to 142,600 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    If the theory was there for the Einzberns to come up with the system, I'd assume it's older than that...Or was it Zouken that actually devised the summoning system? Still, he couldn't have done it from nothing. Also, by the 300s, I'm sure there was demand for Servants as the AoG was ending.
    They based it on the world's Grand Servant summoning ritual, so who knows. Presumably someone was researching into that phenomena and Makiri et. al. decided to run with it.

I suppose that technically something similar's been out there since at least the time of Gilgamesh, since Ishtar's priestesses had that whole "sacrifice themselves to summon their god into a human vessel" thing. That might be unrelated, though.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    For Arcueid... Princess Arcueid should qualify. "Quality: B Quantity: A++ Composition: Before Common Era, pseudo-deified natural phenomenon"
    What's a pseudo deified natural phenomenon exactly? IIRC Ea is also called that so it's possible that Arc' Regression can reach the genesis of the planet?

JP Friend Code
    Deified natural phenomenon are what the ancient gods who became nature spirits are called. Reaching that far means Arc is a kind of sorta divine spirit, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Deified natural phenomenon are what the ancient gods who became nature spirits are called. Reaching that far means Arc is a kind of sorta divine spirit, maybe.
    I see. Ammy was also called a pseudo god in her extra material entry. This confirms that Arc doesn't lose to the ancient gods in terms of mystery.

JP Friend Code
    That's not how regression works, it just simply say "yeah you can do certain amount of AoG stuffs cuz you are from AoG - the age of mystery, the age b4 true magic", Arc was indeed born b4 AoG ended, so she can use some AoG stuffs but we don't know the details cuz we don't have the actual range like with Tiamat. For the ancient gods it works differently, as saw with Tiamat, she regains her true body b4 deification and got mad power, for pseudo-servant Ishtar she gained some huge powerup temporarily like some Buster buffs and so on.

Arc was born in the 12th century.

JP Friend Code
    Do I really have to repeat this whole AoG ending again? You do remember that during the 12th century the AoG was still going very good in Japan to the point countless yokai stories were set in that era (Heian) era right? Amaterasu was sending Tamamo and Mara was spawning Shuten. Heck in 2014 we still have divine punishment and hell. Just because it is 12th century doesn't mean it is after AoG. Keep in mind we never got the actual dated for when the AoG ended, we have different points for different places.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    And more than one Age of the Gods, apparently.

Spoiler:
    Let's not forget that Beo was born in the 18 hundreds but his actual soul was 3000 years old in mystery level. Arc being born during the 12th century doesn't necessarily mean that her mystery is only that old.

Spoiler'd because I don't remember what is or isn't a spoiler about mahoyo anymore for this forum.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    If BeastXxx really is Dartz, he played a really long game before revealing himself. He'd been a semi-regular presence on Badass Versus without too much obvious Archetype Earth wanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    I want him to be Dartz so I can see this stuff live instead of reading it later

>long con
    >not even here for a year

ye no

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    >long con
    >not even here for a year

ye no
    Yeah, that was an error on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Sola-Ui's brother, Bram, is dead in the main/Zero/Stay Night timeline, right?

Her back story mentions a succession crisis, so I figured he died and her dad presented her to Kayneth to get the El-Melloi faction on his side.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Nah, he's alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Zero Mats, Sola's entry
    Generally, families of magi make it a rule to only pass down their secrets to a single successor, while keeping any other children they may have ignorant of even the existence of sorcery itself. However, at the time Sola-Ui was born, the Nuada-Re family was embroiled in a tumultuous power struggle, and there was a very real fear that their legitimate heir could be assassinated. As a result, they enacted a plan to train both the older brother and the younger sister in the rudiments of sorcery, so that either one could inherit the family crest.
    In the end, though, the conflict died out before anything happened to either child, and Sola-Ui’s older brother was given the crest and the title of successor. Sola-Ui, on the other hand, was no longer of any use to her family, and her very existence was disavowed. She became a mere tool to be given away in a political marriage, where her excellent physical capacity for sorcery and childhood training would allow her to serve as an assistant for some first-rate magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Sola-Ui's brother, Bram, is dead in the main/Zero/Stay Night timeline, right?

Her back story mentions a succession crisis, so I figured he died and her dad presented her to Kayneth to get the El-Melloi faction on his side.
    He is fine in Case Files and that's the main FSN timeline.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Lobo!

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    He is fine in Case Files and that's the main FSN timeline.
    I wasn't sure of Case Files' status.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I wasn't sure of Case Files' status.
    Case Files is actually the only spin-off that was said to happen in the same exact line as FSN.

Is TM Amaterasu an alien?

Almost certainly