Page 7186 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6186668670867136717671817184718571867187718871917196723672867686 ... LastLast
Results 143,701 to 143,720 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Just a dumb marvel joke tbh
    Not a joke anymore.

Flat out said its not omnipotent anymore following the Beyonders fucking shit up.

Member of the Ala Iridia MarqFJA87's Avatar
    The Type-Moon wiki claims that Avalon was stolen/lost shortly before the battle of Camlann, while Artoria was repelling an assault on the border, but does not provide a source. Can anyone verify this claim?

Blog Entries
    Well mate she died didn't she
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but I guess that's pretty specific.

Yeah, I'm specifically trying to verify when Avalon was lost. My understanding until now is that it happened shortly before Camlann, which makes sense because even though Excalibur is powerful, a major reason why Artoria was so successful is that she had practically impregnable defense. No way Mordred would've attempted to rebel while knowing that Artoria still had Avalon... and the TM Wiki does also claim, with some support in at least one source, that the loss of Avalon was due to the machinations of Morgan le Fay, and being Mordred's mother would give her reason to do that (she knows Artoria cannot be killed by Mordred unless Avalon is out of the way).

As for why I want to verify the claim... Well, some jackass on Reddit is insisting that Artoria lost it a "long time ago", and demands a source for my contention of this claim without providing a source for his own claim.

Blog Entries
    Well IIRC caliburn originally halted saber’s aging and then avalon did it again after caliburn was destroyed right?

In theory if she had lost avalon and continued her reign, she would have started aging again and finished that growth spurt she was trapped in the middle of. This heavily suggests that losing avalon must have occurred not long before her death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well IIRC caliburn originally halted saber’s aging and then avalon did it again after caliburn was destroyed right?
    That's correct. Excalibur and Avalon together were given to Artoria as a joint replacement for Caliburn after she lost it (not clear if it was destroyed or if it's the "I lost it because I broke the code of chivalry" version).

In theory if she had lost avalon and continued her reign, she would have started aging again and finished that growth spurt she was trapped in the middle of. This heavily suggests that losing avalon must have occurred not long before her death.
    Yeah, the first two sentences are the point of my original comment on the Reddit post that saw my argument with the aforementioned jackass start (specifically, he replied to said original comment with his claims, and it spiralled from there).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Is Void Shiki the avatar of Akasha?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

Excalibur also halts aging. See Bedivere
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Anyone remember which Servant committed these murders?:
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2016/
    "I heard there was a murder. I don't know the details, but of the family of four, only the child survived. They say the older sister and the parents were stabbed to death. But what's strange is that they think the weapon was a long one, not like a knife or something."

""
    A long weapon? He must mean something like a sword.
    It was a murder… so that must mean the sister and the parents were killed.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't it Lancer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Wasn't it Lancer?
    Was Kotomine having him kill for shits and giggles?

Hmm what about Caster wnd her Dragon Warriors. Those had melee weapons right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Was Kotomine having him kill for shits and giggles?

Hmm what about Caster wnd her Dragon Warriors. Those had melee weapons right?
    The fact that the kid wasn't killed sounds either intentionally sloppy so Kotomine harped on Lancer to get rid of Shirou.
    Did Medea even at that stage kill anyone? Wasn't Kuzuki like "you should have just killed people it'd be more efficient" to her.

My guess is that the family saw Caster's escape or something, and Lancer had to kill them but spared the kid because he's a kid. I don't know why he didn't spare the girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Lancer doesnt kill women without being CSd, and if he was CSd into killing the family, the kid wouldnt survive.

Its just a random murderer, they always show up during grail wars, its just that the one in the 4th got stuck participating too

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Was CCC Kiara a True Daemon?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqFJA87 View Post
    The Type-Moon wiki claims that Avalon was stolen/lost shortly before the battle of Camlann, while Artoria was repelling an assault on the border, but does not provide a source. Can anyone verify this claim?
    If you go by Le Morte D'Arthur (Caxton's Vol.1 book IV c.XIV) it seems like King Arthur loses it after Merlin is imprisoned and before Lucius invades. However, Mallory isn't neccessarily linear in his storytelling. The short version of the story is that Arthur's lost in the woods with Sir Accolon, accidentally kills Accolon, and Morgan le Fay gets real angry about her bf getting offed so she steals Arthur's scabbard while he's sleeping in an abbey and chucks it into a lake.

Who knows when it happened in Saber's past, though, I don't remember if the VN goes into much detail. However, note that Excalibur also stops aging (cf. Bedivere) so her losing Avalon doesn't immediately lead to titty lancer mode.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That short version skips a lot of important details.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I mean, I could go on and on about how Morgan steals Excalibur and the scabbard and gives them to Accalon who then unknowingly fights King Arthur who's wielding a fake Excalibur and then Arthur still wins despite that and finds out that it's Accalon after he's dealt the mortal wound and then later Morgan turns herself into stone to trick Arthur into thinking God punished her for stealing his scabbard and I'm still skipping details and none of these details really matter in the long run. Also, there was a second knight with Arthur and Accolon and Arthur's guards just let Morgan waltz in and steal the scabbard because she outranked them.

All you really need to know is that Morgan stole Arthur's scabbard while he was sleeping and chucked it into a lake (and thus Arthur lost it forever), and her motivation for this was because she had the hots for a dude Arthur killed and wanted revenge. There's more to the story, of course, but that's what's most relevant here - that and it presumably taking place post-Merlin imprisonment pre-Lucius. (Again, though, Mallory's stories aren't neccessarily in chronological order.)

In any case, how useful this is isn't clear since Nasu's kind of haphazard when it comes to what Arthuriana to use and not use. There's a lot of Mallory, obviously, but I don't think that it's all Mallory? (There's even some Monty Python for good measure!)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The fact that the kid wasn't killed sounds either intentionally sloppy so Kotomine harped on Lancer to get rid of Shirou.
    Did Medea even at that stage kill anyone? Wasn't Kuzuki like "you should have just killed people it'd be more efficient" to her.

My guess is that the family saw Caster's escape or something, and Lancer had to kill them but spared the kid because he's a kid. I don't know why he didn't spare the girl.
    Yes, Medea didn't kill any civilians for the whole of F/sN. Even the ones she was draining were kept alive.
    I think Cu sparing just the kid is less about his age and more about who was a witness and who wasn't. The part that says the sister knew nothing is very explicitly just Shirou imagining the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Excalibur also halts aging. See Bedivere
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    However, note that Excalibur also stops aging (cf. Bedivere) so her losing Avalon doesn't immediately lead to titty lancer mode.
    That's something that AFAIK was only introduced in FGO, in stark contradiction to all earlier materials I could find that touched upon the source of Artoria's suspended aging, so it seems to me like Nasu resorted to retconning said source because he couldn't figure out another way for Bedivere to have that kind of ageless longevity in the Camelot Singularity storyline (What, he couldn't have somehow come across the lost Avalon?).