Page 7192 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6192669270927142718271877190719171927193719471977202724272927692 ... LastLast
Results 143,821 to 143,840 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Shirou is able to replicate divine constructs besides Avalon, right?
    Shirou was only able to project Avalon because it's been in him for 10 years, and he loses the ability to do so after Saber disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Right but that quote a minute ago seems to be saying it specifically wasn’t Excalibur, hence my question
    uh, which quote?
    am I blind?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post

How much of a mistranslation is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    'core of a star'

'hoshi' ambiguity claims another victim
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Oh, that explains that

well, we'll see. Personally I never thought it was Excalibur, but it at the time was just the most likely

still could be tho, shrug

Blog Entries
    When I first read that quote I actually just figured they were screwing up something stating like Excalibur, but not because it was Excalibur with all limiters removed, so arguably not quite the same thing
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    ironically that part was the only part not mistranslated. It said Excalibur is of the same nature as whatever blasted Sefar.

Blog Entries
    Following that, does my head canon still hold up as a possibility or should I discard it?

If your headcanon is a prototype unrestrained Excalibur then you should be fine for now, but dont be surprised if it isnt

if your headcanon is that the wielder is Artoria, well who knows really, could still be saberface grand champ or something

personally I go with it being an older sword (though I guess post Mars) and a different wielder purely because I like it more for Saber to be herself AND to have a different Grand
    but this is GO so we getting an Avalon Saber and probably new no Grand Saber

- - - Updated - - -

(I feel like I dont need to say this but, this is speculation/headcanon)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would not be surprised if they pulled a Yugioh and had it be an ancient ancestor of Artoria who just happened to look exactly like her and wielded a near identical sword.

Because to quote George Lucas - "it's like poetry, it rhymes."
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Why exactly is MHXX a Foreigner?
    While in-story it's probably because she's a space cop working for The (space) Man, on a more real joke structure level it's because her former gag was that she's a Saberface who hunts Saberfaces and her gag is that she's a Foreigner who hunts Foreigners.

The implication might also be that the space cops are controlled by some kind of eldritch horror, but it's not terribly relevant to her gag so it remains one of those weird unexplained jokes of the Servant Universe.

Come think of it, I wonder how much of the Servant Universe they actually have sketched out and how much they're just making up on the spot. Chief Red was foreshadowed ages ago in April Fools TMitter, I guess?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Following that, does my head canon still hold up as a possibility or should I discard it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    personally I go with it being an older sword (though I guess post Mars) and a different wielder
    As I mentioned previously, Arthur referred to himself as "holy sword wielder of the modern/current era". So the existence of "holy sword wielder of the age of gods" is very much within possibilities. So it might be that was a not-king-Arthur caveman blasting bunny titan with Excalibur or not-king-Arthur caveman blasting bunny titan with uber Excalibur that is no longer called Excalibur at that stage.

Blog Entries
    If your headcanon is a prototype unrestrained Excalibur then you should be fine for now, but dont be surprised if it isnt

if your headcanon is that the wielder is Artoria, well who knows really, could still be saberface grand champ or something

personally I go with it being an older sword (though I guess post Mars) and a different wielder purely because I like it more for Saber to be herself AND to have a different Grand
    but this is GO so we getting an Avalon Saber and probably new no Grand Saber

- - - Updated - - -

(I feel like I dont need to say this but, this is speculation/headcanon)

I haven’t made any decisions on whether or not it was Arturia, but my head fanon is it is Excalibur, her sword. But it’s different because whatever factors that are required for it to release every single limited and at absolute max power at the time. So that’s how it was Excalibur, yet not at the same time

Personally I like it if it was a prototype which broke afterwards, and Excalibur was the reforged and refined product inspired from its original. The Last Phantasm and miracle of the AoG.
    And then giving that shit to the perfect king, but even it was not enough to halt the age's progression.

It's true usage however would not be used in her myth, but instead would serve for a future use when the human order needs a new miracle.
    After all, she is the once and future King (but thats heavy headcanon land so strap up kiddos)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    ironically that part was the only part not mistranslated. It said Excalibur is of the same nature as whatever blasted Sefar.

How about this one?

Blog Entries
    I mean, in a couple dialogue paths it came up that white face could very plausibly have handled vesper but hakuno wasn’t willing to explore it as an option because he would lose tamamo in the process

BeastXXX, do you just only want to hear that yes Big Sunny Ama is in fact a big deal?

Blog Entries
    BeastXXX, do you just only want to hear that yes Big Sunny Ama is in fact a big deal?
    I’m sure the actual answer is much more convoluted than that.

Blog Entries
    Tamamo is great

All the Sun boys must feel really special.