Page 7278 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6278677871787228726872737276727772787279728072837288732873787778 ... LastLast
Results 145,541 to 145,560 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ereshkigal was scared shitless of Fou, so there’s your hint there.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rereading stuff and found this fallacies post on SV, quoting it here for some context.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...2#post-8902426

7th Singularity - Chapter 18 - Scene 5 - Part 1 said:
    @ イシュタル / Ishtar

え、ええ……
    In-indeed ...
     実は私も見るのは初めてだけど……
    Though it would likewise be in truth the first that I've set eyes upon her ...
     あの大地を象徴する大角、
    Those great horns that symbolize the land,
     星の内海(うちうみ)を映す瞳……
    Those pupils that reflect the Inner Sea of the Planet (星の内海, hoshi no uchiumi) ...
     あれは創世の神、ティアマト神よ。
    That is a Divinity of the Genesis (創世の神, sousei no kami) -- the Goddess Tiamat.
     間違いなく。
    There is no mistake.
     創世後に切り捨てられた母胎、そのもの。
    The very womb that was cast aside in the wake of the Genesis;
     生命を生み出す土壌としてのね。
    the soil from which life was sprung.
     神話では神々によって殺されたとあるけれど、
    Though in myth, she was killed by the gods,
     事実は少し違う。
    the truth slightly differs.
     彼女は棄てられた。
    She was abandoned --
     自分が生み出した世界の全て(こどもたち)に。
    rejected by whole of the world (世界の全て, sekai no subete) / the children (こどもたち, kodomotachi) which she had birthed.
     惑星(ほし)の環境が落ち着いて、
    Subsequent to the settling of the planetary environment (惑星の環境, wakusei no kankyou)
     生態系が確立された後に、
    and the establishment of the ecosystem (生態系, seitaikei),
     不要なものとして追放されたの。
    she was as an unnecessary existence consigned to exile.
     一枚の敷物の下にある旧世界にでさえない。
    Not even was it to the Old World (旧世界, kyuusekai) that stood extant beneath a layer of tapestry (一枚の敷物の下, ichimai no shikimono no shita).
     世界の裏側、生命のいない虚数世界に。
    It was to the Reverse of the World (世界の裏側, sekai no uragawa) -- to a World of Imaginary Numbers (虚数世界, kyosuu sekai), devoid of life.

@ ケツァル・コアトル / Quetzalcoatl

……そうね。
    ... I suppose so.
     生命の系統樹を得た霊長類にとって、
    To the Primates (霊長類, reichourui) who had seized the System of the Tree of Life (生命の系統樹, seimei no keitouju, "the phylogenetic / systemic tree of life"),
     「次の世界」を生みだしかねない彼女は危険すぎた。
    she who could but birth forth 「the Subsequent World」 (次の世界, tsugi no sekai) was an excessive threat.

せっかく出来た土台に次の土台を混ぜられかねない。
    The foundation (土台, dodai) that they had taken such pains to establish could not be let to dissolve unto the subsequent foundation.

The "Primates" here should be the Gods.

The Gods are stated to be the World itself, but there is an "Old World" that is excluded "beneath a layer of tapestry."
    "The Reverse of the World" is here represented as distinct from "the Old World," but not entirely distinct of "the World of Imaginary Numbers, devoid of life" -- though descriptions in other contexts (that is, not of the context wherein the Age of Divinities has not entirely vanished) differ.

Others can verify if this is accurate or not.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    So basically 'primate' in this context is whichever species being dominant at the time.

Thanks you two!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    So basically 'primate' in this context is whichever species being dominant at the time.

Thanks you two!
    As a side note, Ivan's mammoth he fuses with is also called a Primate (霊長, reichou) from before the Age of Man by Avicebron, per another fallacies post. So it's not limited to just humanoids as well.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    As a side note, Ivan's mammoth he fuses with is also called a Primate (霊長, reichou) from before the Age of Man by Avicebron, per another fallacies post. So it's not limited to just humanoids as well.
    is that mean more wanks for Fou?

Out of curiosity, since there's that whole business of there being a physical Ether and then a "fifth imaginary element" ether, do we know all five imaginary elements? Or is that just completely unknown?

I think it's not the fifth imaginary element, but rather that it's the fifth (imaginary) element.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

So... If I'm understanding you correctly, it's less that there's an Ether that's one of five imaginary elements, but that Ether, the Fifth Element, has real and imaginary components?

(if so why don't they call it the "complex element" wink wink nudge nudge)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWulfos View Post
    So... If I'm understanding you correctly, it's less that there's an Ether that's one of five imaginary elements, but that Ether, the Fifth Element, has real and imaginary components?

(if so why don't they call it the "complex element" wink wink nudge nudge)
    True Ether = Shit that made planets and Divine Spirits. Fifth True Theoretical Element. Used to be around in the AOG.
    Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element. What someone/something/somewhatever made that replaces True Ether in function.

So there used to be a fifth element known as True Ether but these days magi can't really know if it existed or not but the theory is that it did exist therefore calling it theoretical - as in "we theorize it existed."
    These days magi use the Fifth Imaginary Element (Ether) but its artificial and also imaginary.
    + what savepoints said
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Oh so the True Fifth Element has been lost, so people use the Fifth Imaginary Element as a substitute? That explains it perfectly, thank you!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I know that. Let me rephrase, did he just target humans or does other humanoid that sided with human count as one?

I'm not sure why I ask this frankly.
    In LB2 there are 3 types of Primates living together. First is giants, this includes carnivorous giants, Jotun and Muspel giants. Second is humans. Third is gods (only Skadi left). However there are speculations that Surtr is the Primate Murder designed to deal with the gods and the old texture while Fou is Primate Murder designed to deal with humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    is that mean more wanks for Fou?
    Fou got extremely active in LB2, presumably due to being in a place where there are not 1 but 3 types of Primates living together at once. Other idea is maybe he resonates with Surtr who is like a Primate (God) Murder.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm not sure if I imagined it, but isn't there a quote by Urobuchi about how he looked up Alexander the Great's life after coming up with his concept of Iskandar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

US Friend Code
    What part of Babylonia was it where they mention the Sumerian gods are all blonde with red eyes?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If all that is true, why is Primate Murder a big deal in a world where humanity is wusses and not even the truly dominant species, and is being commanded by a member of said species to boot, but it does not exist as such in Chad Panhuman History?

Never mind. didn't mean to post
    Last edited by Lolly Battory; October 13th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    If all that is true, why is Primate Murder a big deal in a world where humanity is wusses and not even the truly dominant species, and is being commanded by a member of said species to boot, but it does not exist as such in Chad Panhuman History?
    Well, lessee.

Presumably Tsukihime timeline: Primate Murder is (somewhat?) tamed by Altrouge, has been taught to drink blood. Details are hazy on what it's actually doing. Maybe it'll show up in Tsukihime 2? Maybe? A coy reference in the inevitable Tsukihime/FGO collab event seems likely, but will they actually pull the trigger on Chekov's gun and give us the Altrouge/Fou tag team duo we all desire?

Fate/Grand Order timeline: Primate Murder was first isolated from humanity at large in Avalon, but then got raised well by Chaldea and didn't go full Beast IV because of The Power of Friendship. It's basically a squirrel, I guess.

Fate/Stay Night timeline: Primate Murder's status is unknown, but Avenger does say that he's got third place in killing humans after the "dog" and "spider". Primate Murder is presumably contained in some way - is it in Merlin's tower, or wreaking havoc in some hidden place, or under the care of Altrouge, or what? I'm not sure that we know. Perhaps this is where the "it takes seven Counter Guardians to hold it back" quote comes back into play. From Ishtar's statements in Babylonia we can assume that it usually takes about a year of town life for Cath Palug to go full murder-mode, so who knows what's up. You'd figure there'd be something.

Really, it's mostly just in the same category as ORT where it just... exists, I guess. It doesn't seem to be doing much.

When a full Heroic Spirit gets summoned by the World, can it affect the data stored in the Throne of Heroes? The wiki (yeah, I know) says that "the only one that can summon the main body of the Heroic Spirits is the "world"". Is this "main body" still a copy? Say someone like Gilgamesh gets summoned as a full HS, decides he doesn't want to keep one of his weapons like in Zero and later leaves. Is that weapon now permanently gone or are the records impossible to tarnish? I'd especially appreciate any sources on the matter because I really don't trust the wiki on anything that's not just raw numbers.

No such thing as a full incarnation. The Throne contains a record of their soul, which gets used to create a new soul to be put in a Servant container. The record itself is outside of time/space and cannot be altered by any normal means (Alcides wants to get rid of his True Name through the grail in SF but I don't think it's stated whether that could work).

That's the way it seems to be like, anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    When a full Heroic Spirit gets summoned by the World, can it affect the data stored in the Throne of Heroes? The wiki (yeah, I know) says that "the only one that can summon the main body of the Heroic Spirits is the "world"". Is this "main body" still a copy? Say someone like Gilgamesh gets summoned as a full HS, decides he doesn't want to keep one of his weapons like in Zero and later leaves. Is that weapon now permanently gone or are the records impossible to tarnish? I'd especially appreciate any sources on the matter because I really don't trust the wiki on anything that's not just raw numbers.
    Probably? The only example of leaving the ToH is Romani/Solomon's Ars Nova, which is different from just being summoned by the World.

Not that you can summon a full HS at all anyway.
    Last edited by AAM1232; October 13th, 2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Fix

Well, at the end of part 1 of FGO a servant permanently changes something in the Throne of Heroes, though its recognized as a grand feat that no one else could do iirc