Page 7 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 2567891217571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    That's not entirely true. He managed to project some metal kettle when he first began practicing, and even after five years it was still in the shed.
    That demonstrates my point. Shirou projected those pots using his original magic (UBW) "to relax".

If they were normal projections, those pots would disappear since normal projection, by definition, cannot last. This is why Rin was so shocked to see them.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meevanhelot View Post
    I was actually saying that that how she appears, and quite frankly it is.
    It's how she appears in FSN, yes. Not in HA. If she were, she wouldn't be Archery club captain/vice-captain (I don't recall which) in the first place.

Her actual personality isn't the issue here. It's about what somebody who doesn't know her from a bar of soap would know.
    Yes, and you're forgetting that HA is set six months later, with Sakura no longer under Zouken's control. She is most definitely not a "doormat" there (from what I can tell, anyway)....

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    That demonstrates my point. Shirou projected those pots using his original magic (UBW) "to relax".

If they were normal projections, those pots would disappear since normal projection, by definition, cannot last. This is why Rin was so shocked to see them.
    His normal projection is indeed an offshoot of his ability to use UBW, but it isn't UBW itself. There aren't rows of cooking utensils hanging on a rack in his Reality Marble, after all....

So if he sees her so perfectly why are you always against the pairing claiming he couldn't possibly understand her?

Great, now I have an image of Sakura with a bad haircut listening to Linkin Park and cutting herself.

Blog Entries
    Great, now I have an image of Sakura with a bad haircut listening to Linkin Park and cutting herself.
    So... you're just imagining Sakura? I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Oh snap!

His normal projection is indeed an offshoot of his ability to use UBW, but it isn't UBW itself. There aren't rows of cooking utensils hanging on a rack in his Reality Marble, after all....
    That's debatable. I think that it's the most reasonable explanation why the junk in the shed doesn't disappear.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So if he sees her so perfectly why are you always against the pairing claiming he couldn't possibly understand her?
    Because he doesn't know her past, at all.

I'm not saying he understands her perfectly, just that he thinks of her as a generic kind, caring, happy and reasonably assertive young girl rather than as a "doormat".

I wouldn't be too sure about that. For instance, we KNOW Rho Aias is in UBW somewhere but it's not like we see it either. Considering how badly he fails at just plain reinforcement as well as the fact that the pots didn't disappear (like all regular projections), the only logical solution is that they're UBW based projections since those have the possibility of lasting a lot longer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just a heads up guys, don't mix UBW with projection.

CM3 says Shirou is proficient at Projection, and his Projection is not a product of UBW.

The pot is just pot, not UBW pot. Also, pots are a lot simpler, thus it is easier to make a near-perfect pot.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Just a heads up guys, don't mix UBW with projection.

CM3 says Shirou is proficient at Projection, and his Projection is not a product of UBW.

The pot is just pot, not UBW pot. Also, pots are a lot simpler, thus it is easier to make a near-perfect pot.
    Was this part of the untranslated bits of CM3?

Rin established that normal projections go away over time (this part isn't something Rin would get wrong since it's not UBW). Perfection doesn't decide whether it lasts unlike Shirou's UBW stuff.

Blog Entries
    ....there are untranslated bits of CM3 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well, if the link to arai's translation is complete, then I'm completely missing the part with that assertion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure arai didn't translate all of the Q&A (y'know this was why everyone was asking him for all the Sakura and is Shinji's mom a God's Holder whatever) and stuff like that at the very least.
    Last edited by Cruor; March 28th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Yes, some parts.

By the way, Cruor, have arai confirmed the bit I told you about the extra Battle Continuation stuff?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, never PM'd or anything and I missed him before. I guess I'll just PM him.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    ....huh. Well, I can't complain if for one reason or another he cut things short, but, arai isn't the only one who speaks derp speak and has a copy, I am a little surprised we....or at least I, am just now hearing about something like that.

Blog Entries
    Translation: ....huh. Weird I hadn't heard that there was untranslated pieces until just now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. For instance, we KNOW Rho Aias is in UBW somewhere but it's not like we see it either. Considering how badly he fails at just plain reinforcement as well as the fact that the pots didn't disappear (like all regular projections), the only logical solution is that they're UBW based projections since those have the possibility of lasting a lot longer.
    Scratch what I said guys.

I got off my butt and dug up the entry in CM3.

It was an example used to explain the Magic Attribute "Projection". It actually specifically says Shirou's projection IS a result of the Reality Marble UBW.

I somehow remembered the other way around, lol. Guess I should take my own advice and hit the book more often .

One cookie for ChronoReverse.

EDIT:

And yes, them pots are living applications of UBW.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    And yes, them pots are living applications of UBW.
    But, are they stored in UBW? There's a difference between his projection being a result of UBW and it actually being done by UBW, after all, and he's canonically shown to be able to use reinforcement pretty well, at least potentially (Archer re-inforces his eyes).

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Unlimited Cookingware Works.

...you knew it was gonna happen.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.