Page 7265 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6265676571657215725572607263726472657266726772707275731573657765 ... LastLast
Results 145,281 to 145,300 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I forgot exactly where but i feel i wont lose if i say buddhism.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I forgot exactly where but i feel i wont lose if i say buddhism.
    Congratulations!

Yeah, ālayavijñāna is from Mahayana Buddhism. I don't really understand it, but from what I gather it's something along the lines of the bits of your consciousness that stick around through your reincarnations? I'm just Some White Guy, though, so don't take my word for it.

The magical jargon in the setting has a certain tendency to be not quite like in real life, but I guess that's the benefit of having a masquerade in your urban fantasy. The muggles don't know the real truths if they don't rise the ranks in the mystery cult.

Probably not the best place or even the right one to ask, but does Extella Link have a better official translation compared to a clustermess that is English Extella?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Arcueid though it was impossible to kill him even in her full power because that would requiring somehow killing all 666 lifes at once. There might be some Anti-Army or Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms that could to do that. Also, his body is a Reality Marble, so Gil's Enuma Elish could theoretically dismantle that.
    Wasn't there sth that mentioned that Nrvnqsr could probably tank at least one Excaliblast to the face?
    I'm not referring to that one doujinshi ofc.

US Friend Code
    Something about how there are DAAs that can survive Excalibur but can't take Gae Bolg because GB does, in game terms, 100% HP damage instead of a hard number. I don't think the quote mentioned Nrvnqsr specifically.

Comptiq 2006-11 issue - Fate Dojo Q & A
    Q: Who'd win if the Servants and the 27 Ancestors fought each other?
    Q: Who'd win if the Servants and the 27 Ancestors fought each other? Also, who'd win in a fight between Bazett, a renowned powerhouse of the Association, and Ciel, top class in even the Association?

A:
    Depends on compatibility, but basically Servants will have the slightly higher advantage. With Saber, Lancer, and Archer classes, we ought to be able to relax and see decent fights. In particular, Saber has THAT sort of Noble Phantasms so against guys like the 27 Ancestors that overwhelm by material quantity and alienness, she'd be REALLY tough.
    ....Well, there are also some of those tough Ancestors that can withstand a direct hit from Excalibur-class attacks, but against those guys that just (emphasis on just; other stats don't match up) have wickedly high HP, Lancer-aniki'd be pretty tough.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I did get mixed up with the doujinshi after all.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Navalends View Post
    Probably not the best place or even the right one to ask, but does Extella Link have a better official translation compared to a clustermess that is English Extella?
    If you believe Excalibur was forged for God himself and can cut through light, then sure.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Depending on your definition, cutting through light isn't exactly difficult.

Especially if you include beams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Extella link has a lot to say but it’s pretty damn flowery.

i was interested in one part that noted Excalibur was basically the earth’s “plan B” if sefar ever returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    If you believe Excalibur was forged for God himself and can cut through light, then sure.
    Huh, interesting. Even if it's only flowery flavour text as Tobias says, I'm still surprised to see a reference to God in relation to Artoria after Fate has left most of Christianity references of the Arthurian mythos exiled to Prototype.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    It was a horrible mistranslation of what commonly known as Divine Constructs.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, me sad now.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Hmmm, so from what Tobias said, did Extella Link's official translation is somewhat relatively better than Extella, or was it the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by Type Moon Wiki
    He has lost his original body and his current body is one that has taken on a form that supposedly resembles a padlock
    Type Moon Wiki is bad but I usually go there just to make sure I haven't missed any lore snippets if they are there by checking for sourced info and going to the source. But this is from a japanese wiki which gets me nowhere. Is this quote true? If so, what is the source? If it isn't, someone should edit that out. lmao

JP Friend Code
    Who the hell is he?

Blog Entries
    Zelretch's friend that hangs out with the Ahnenerbe girls

Who the hell is he?
    27th Dead Apostle Ancestor

also... Mr. Cellphone... lmao

Like McJon said, Zelretch's friend. He likes eroge and late night anime and isn't very serious.

Oh yeah, Hibiki is actually his Holy Scripture Triten as a construct which is the culmination of his ideology. Read/listen to Starlit Marmalade if you want to know more about that.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Who the hell is he?
    if you want to see him being serious go read strange fake. though he's only cameo for now.

other than that, he appeared in carnival phantasm.

He's also in the Ahnenerbe Secret Track where he's mainly joking but he does get a tad melancholic when speaking to Arcueid.

- - - Updated - - -

Starlit Marmalade is mainly about Hibiki and Chikagi. Caubac appears at the very end to joke around.Volume 1 is summarised here:http://www.heavens-feel.com/starlitm...anslation.html

A question with Servant class.

If a Heroic Spirit uses a axe or a club as their main weapon and they don't qualify as Berserker they would been summon as Saber? (I don't know if there are heros like that).