Page 7239 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6239673971397189722972347237723872397240724172447249728973397739 ... LastLast
Results 144,761 to 144,780 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Touko invented that system, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The magus version of a mad scientist, yep.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Is there a thread where I can brainstorm? I have ideas for my plot, but I don't think of myself as especially talented, so I enjoy brainstorming.

- - - Updated - - -

With others, I should clarify. I like bouncing my ideas off people.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Thank you, sorry for the bother!

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Well, no, he's just insulting your Servant, like he does no matter who your Servant is.

There's no joke, just shade.
    Seriously? Just because he's not joking doesn't mean the whole scene isn't a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydvs View Post
    Hey, another question. So, as I'm getting into character creation, and I'm getting a bit stuck on a few things. To start, magic circuits.

I know an average magus has 20, and people like Rin have 40, but I also read somewhere that she has "30 sub circuits" or something, and I'm not sure what that is. Is it referring to how a magic crest may also work like magic circuits or something? Assuming 20 is average, thus being C, figuring out the letter grade for quantity is easy. Quality, on the other hand, is harder.

I realize as I type this that there is a distinct possibility that there is simply no answer, and letter grades are simply an approximation, but is there any specific units that can be tied to circuits? I've seen circuits have their output described in units, and I wanted to know if there were specific numbers on what is average, and the upper and lower limit to this unit output.

When it comes to composition, I can't find a thing about it, and before looking into other Magus' the people of this board had create, I didn't even know they came in different configurations. I assume there aren't many, and regular would probably do fine for most characters anyway, but if anyone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Finally, I keep seeing something called Image Colour. What is that? I haven't the faintest.

Thank you, sorry for the barrage of questions, but your answers and insights are much appreciated!
    While staying "lore compliant" is an admirable trait for a fanfic writer, consider that Nasu himself breaks his rules all the damn time in pursuit of telling a good story (as do most of the writers working under his umbrella, as it were).

So while it might seem like a false dichotomy, consider: What do you want to write most, a good story or a 100% lore accurate story?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    >in pursuit of telling a good story

Hm

What do you want to write most, a good story or a 100% lore accurate story?
    I'm confused. There are writers on BL who manage to navigate that delicate balance.

Why must you bring up something like this (which is more of a point of contention than anything) when someone is telling you that they have an interest as a GM and writer in the lore? Even if they decide to modify / adapt / alter canon for the sake of the narrative in the end, there's no reason to tell people that being accurate doesn't matter.

On the contrary, I would edge towards the claim that in order to shape your creative liberties into something credible (including to an audience who isn't familiar with the setting and the rules by which it is fashioned), a solid knowledge is required.

That's something Nasu and the writers who are involved in side works have. Why shouldn't you, as a writer, want to be as informed as you can?
    Last edited by Daiki; August 21st, 2019 at 02:04 PM.

Does he break his rules however.

Also in the end you just need to have the core mechanics of what makes your plot happen or work to be lore-compliant. In the end you don't actually need to go so deep into the nitty gritty for most things in a story. That's what author's notes or F/CMs are for.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Seriously? Just because he's not joking doesn't mean the whole scene isn't a joke.
    Big talk about how Leo can't be a perfect king because he doesn't understand what failure is

>the whole scene is supposed to be a joke somehow

Blog Entries
    Is there any servant skill that allows them to transform some part of their body in weapons? Like transforming the hand into a pistol?
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

US Friend Code
    I'm sure Enkidu can. Well maybe not a pistol but swords and spears.

Doesn't Emiya sort of turn himself into swords or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydvs View Post
    When it comes to composition, I can't find a thing about it, and before looking into other Magus' the people of this board had create, I didn't even know they came in different configurations. I assume there aren't many, and regular would probably do fine for most characters anyway, but if anyone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.
    originally there was only the "usual" and "unnusual" configurations, but we at the Create-A-Magus thread like to complicate things without apparent reason. I did it on my first sheets because it sounded cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by falseCeilings View Post
    Doesn't Emiya sort of turn himself into swords or something.
    well, not exactly with that meaning. I was thinking about something like Morph, literally turning a part of your body into something else... But I don't think thats exactly what Morph or Shapeshifting do
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I can definitely see the arguement that it's not necessary to focus on the minutiae, I also ask out of genuine curiousity for myself. Even outside of wanting to write a story, I want to know because I think it's interesting, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Big talk about how Leo can't be a perfect king because he doesn't understand what failure is

>the whole scene is supposed to be a joke somehow
    Yes, it is. You're not supposed to take him at his word. He explicitly admits he was wrong and mistaken after you beat him. Gawain calling Nero "Whore of Babylon" is supposed to be viewed with the understanding that he is far from the perfect knight he imagines himself as, from the point of view of one who has at least a passing acquaintance with his legend (which includes its fair share of "promiscuous" antics). I don't know how else to explain this.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >Woman in red riding a symbolic representation of the Roman Empire and its cruelty and excesses
    >Woman in red who ruled the Roman Empire and who was famed for her cruelty and excesses

totally just the writers wanking nero and pulling stuff out their ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    >in pursuit of telling a good story

Hm

I'm confused. There are writers on BL who manage to navigate that delicate balance.
    That's why I specifically said it's a false dichotomy. You CAN do both, it's just exponentially more difficult.

Why must you bring up something like this (which is more of a point of contention than anything) when someone is telling you that they have an interest as a GM and writer in the lore? Even if they decide to modify / adapt / alter canon for the sake of the narrative in the end, there's no reason to tell people that being accurate doesn't matter.
    On the contrary, I would edge towards the claim that in order to shape your creative liberties into something credible (including to an audience who isn't familiar with the setting and the rules by which it is fashioned), a solid knowledge is required.
    Why should I not bring it up? It's advice which I believe is worth considering.

That's something Nasu and the writers who are involved in side works have. Why shouldn't you, as a writer, want to be as informed as you can?
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to know about the setting before writing about the setting, but focusing on learning everything about the setting to write a story before focusing on what kind of story you want to write is putting the cart before the horse, as it were. Of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting to know about the setting for the sake of knowing, either. I'm just putting forward the idea that implementing this knowledge does not automatically improve one's story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    >Woman in red riding a symbolic representation of the Roman Empire and its cruelty and excesses
    >Woman in red who ruled the Roman Empire and who was famed for her cruelty and excesses

totally just the writers wanking nero and pulling stuff out their ass

>Nero is the Antichrist because her full name spells out 666
    >Thus Nero must also be Mother Harlot because she's Roman and she wears red
    >Next up, Nero is also Zelretch's clone because she fought a vampire on the Moon
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You're kinda reaching, DH. The idea that "Babylon" is code for the Roman Empire and its corruption and tyranny and that the first Beast of Revelation refers to Nero specifically and Rome in general is basic Bible scholarship.

No, basic Bible scholarship ties Nero to the ANTICHRIST, not the Whore of Babylon. Before FGO came out all we had tying Nero to the woman riding the Seven-Headed Beast was Gawain calling her that, which I believe I've demonstrated enough already was him being perjorative and not literal.

EDIT: And maybe the CCC quote from BB's profile, ambiguous though it is.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 21st, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's really not a stretch to conflate "Rome is the Whore of Babylon" and "Nero and/or Rome is the Beast of Revelation" into a single thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, compared to other liberties taken by the writers, this is nothing.