Page 6355 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 53555855625563056345635063536354635563566357636063656405645568557355 ... LastLast
Results 127,081 to 127,100 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    once again people wanting to wank archer when he's not about the wanking but about the using skillfully

heh

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    At what point does "Read the VN" eventually become 'spam & advertisement'...
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    once again people wanting to wank archer when he's not about the wanking but about the using skillfully

heh
    I don't think I've heard one person that talks about about how weak archer is, actually acknowledge that he could do anything other than die from a stiff breeze.

BP Calabolg? Obviously any servant could easily get out of range of the giant cemetery destroying explosions and then go to wherever EMIYA is and kill him before he could do anything.
    Crane Wings? The only way that would harm a hair on any servant is if they stood still and didn't move a muscle.
    Swords skills that Berserker went sane for a moment to talk about how much he wanted to fight against? Utterly useless.

Blog Entries
    I mean can you blame them all Emiya ever does is die dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean can you blame them all Emiya ever does is die dramatically
    Dude stop downplaying Emiya. He also wrecked Tohsaka's living room. Effortlessly.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Emiya can only do cool stuff if it's offscreen. Like wrecking Rin's living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The impressive part of that was fixing the Room overnight. Like, how did he do that?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    I don't think I've heard one person that talks about about how weak archer is, actually acknowledge that he could do anything other than die from a stiff breeze.
    To offset the overwanking, you dismiss him, so the actual average is somewhere in the middle where he belongs.

But more seriously, the thing is we have examples of or at least some idea of how these things go in-universe and/or most people usually go "UBW spam" not "BPing shit." We know that BP sniping is his greatest asset, but we also know that Herk can defend against it, even ignoring God Hand. We know that Crane Wing can be effective against Saber Alter, but only if she's being held back, wants the other party to win somewhat, and is planting herself rather than acting mobile. We know that he's got enough technique to keep alive from a full onslaught from Cu and has a variety of techniques that would make Herk happy. Again, it points out: he has enough power to do things, but they're circumstantial. Which is different than the people who like wanking his power level like to point out.

I mean, could he kill an Astolfo level? Probably pretty gud. Could he give a challenge some first raters? He does. Does this mean we should disregard that UBW is a minor hindrance in favor of the fans who like to wank it like its the best of best super moves? Nah. Should we forgive people who like to think or write fanfiction where he finds ways to somehow stomp top tier guys? Never forgive, never forget.

The real OPness of Emiya is keeping a rowdy cafeteria of like 150 servants in check with his culinary skills
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    I mean, could he kill an Astolfo level? Probably pretty gud. Could he give a challenge some first raters? He does. Does this mean we should disregard that UBW is a minor hindrance in favor of the fans who like to wank it like its the best of best super moves? Nah. Should we forgive people who like to think or write fanfiction where he finds ways to somehow stomp top tier guys? Never forgive, never forget.
    Didn't you one write Shirou beating Kouma?

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Should we forgive people who like to think or write fanfiction where he finds ways to somehow stomp top tier guys? Never forgive, never forget.
    At some point, you will move on.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnLap View Post
    The real OPness of Emiya is keeping a rowdy cafeteria of like 150 servants in check with his culinary skills
    Hey now, don't be downplaying Tamamo Cat.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Hey now, don't be downplaying Tamamo Cat.
    Even with the help though... Do you realise how many Sabers are in that group of Servants?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Didn't you one write Shirou beating Kouma?
    everybody has a dark past

it adds character

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    To offset the overwanking, you dismiss him, so the actual average is somewhere in the middle where he belongs.

But more seriously, the thing is we have examples of or at least some idea of how these things go in-universe and/or most people usually go "UBW spam" not "BPing shit." We know that BP sniping is his greatest asset, but we also know that Herk can defend against it, even ignoring God Hand. We know that Crane Wing can be effective against Saber Alter, but only if she's being held back, wants the other party to win somewhat, and is planting herself rather than acting mobile. We know that he's got enough technique to keep alive from a full onslaught from Cu and has a variety of techniques that would make Herk happy. Again, it points out: he has enough power to do things, but they're circumstantial. Which is different than the people who like wanking his power level like to point out.

To be fair, "finding a way" is basically his thing.

He, Diarmuid and basically any of the HSs who think their way through things and make plans could be the ones with the best chance of winning against the toppest of tierest of heroes- your average musclehead who was born to be just plain better than everybody around him is almost definitely gonna lose against a better-than-average musclehead who was born to be just plain better than everybody around him- but then, the thing about said heroes is that, almost to a T, they're shounen protagonists. They will damn well make their way to victory no matter how you plan and sneak and "I HAVE ANALYSED YOU AND THUS KNOW YOUR EVERY MOVE" at them. I'd give you ten to one odds that Saber would've protagonisted her way into a win against Diarmuid during that first battle, even with Gae Buidhe's wound.

It really depends on the author, but generally if it's going to be believable, it's going to have to be a quick death they don't see coming against something they couldn't defend against, like Cu or Gil against the Shadow, or maneuvered into a situation in which their last trump card doesn't have the effect they were going for, and the underdog Servant is going to take a serious beating along the way in any case.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    everybody has a dark past

it adds character
    Also to be fair that 'fight' was just Shirou getting rag-dolled until the last second.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    To be fair, "finding a way" is basically his thing.
    yes but try telling that to someone who keeps going "but UBW should curb stomp!"

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    I just don't think archer can be explained in just terms of average, I damn I agree with situational, but situational does not explain killing herc 7 times something that saber can't even do without activating Excalibur. My oppionion he's not weak sting or average, I think his true strength isn't explained in power it's more explain in danger. As servant he's not powerful, but he's dangerous sort like how rule breaker Isn't powerful it's still extremely dangerous you catorgize a servant in average or strong each, archer is a servant who will always be a genuin threat even to elites but he can never stand up to the elite classes without useing either a suicidel move or under certain circumstances. But really it comes down to mana in Ruth his strength is mana, becuase lets be honest if he could project excalbur level weapons without dieing he would be basicly Gilgamesh without ea, a much much more dangerous Gilgamesh without ea. But as there is no Mage expect maybe illya who could give him that kinda mana, or I soppose he could get it if he had an optional moment with Rin, then probs might give him enouogh for one projection of excalbur level weapon thou it probably was outdo do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Even with the help though... Do you realise how many Sabers are in that group of Servants?
    They were literally asking for spam, he could have fed them garbage and they'd have been satisfied.