Page 6262 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 52625762616262126252625762606261626262636264626762726312636267627262 ... LastLast
Results 125,221 to 125,240 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Saber remembers stuff in FSN and all because she's still alive and the last summoning "just" happened, but she also experiences them more like dreams than actual memories, so its ambiguous as to how much exactly she'd retain after death.

FGO just throws in fanservice lines in my room because its amusing. Her interlude in Fuyuki implies some familiarity, but not actual like, "Oh yes, this is the place where I met the Emiyas and hated one and maybe fell in love with the other."

- - - Updated - - -

sniped

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post

There's been a bunch of little twists and interpretations on this though
    e.g., Atalanta in her interlude talking about how her experience with Jack (in Apocrypha) moved her so strongly she can never forget it, right after she explains to you why Servants can't and wouldn't remember the events of other summonings.

- - - Updated - - -

e.g. Extra characters just straight up ignore this trend lol, they have all of the character development from their other games and are like "yo what's up good to see y'all again"

etc. etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which is why Liz is so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Question what is the difference between magecraft and witchcraft that alice and tamamo practice?
    It seems to bypass MR but what else can it do? does it require circuits? or is it like qi in that we know fuck all.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Blog Entries
    It's different because tamamo is sexier then Medea.

fite me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

fite me
    Kuzuki will.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

fite me
    I can agree with this assessment, Tamamo is waifu number 1, would cuddle with.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Blog Entries
    Tamamo and Alice definitely don't use the same thing, since Extra says what Tamamo does isn't magecraft, while what Alice does definitely is.

Tamamo and Alice definitely don't use the same thing, since Extra says what Tamamo does isn't magecraft, while what Alice does definitely is.
    Than what is it? is it a power that only those with divinity use? is it even powered by mana? if it isn't than theoritcally a normie could use it.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, really, honestly it seems like it's just magecraft but apparently since Tamamo uses her body instead of what's already in the environment it's different or something. It's hard to say since it's explained in Extra terms and sometimes those don't correlate 1 to 1 with OG magic. Maybe Mizukume can shed some more light on it since he's obsessed with Tamamo to an unhealthy degree.

I don't know, really, honestly it seems like it's just magecraft but apparently since Tamamo uses her body instead of what's already in the environment it's different or something. It's hard to say since it's explained in Extra terms and sometimes those don't correlate 1 to 1 with OG magic. Maybe Mizukume can shed some more light on it since he's obsessed with Tamamo to an unhealthy degree.
    Hmm I need to get to mizu's level.
    All i have is a tamamo plush from comiket and a tamamo nendo.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

fite me
    Swordfight at dawn. Bring your second.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    Than what is it? is it a power that only those with divinity use? is it even powered by mana? if it isn't than theoritcally a normie could use it.
    From what was described in Extra, the spells she used are physical phenomena realized using her own body. Maybe because they are "physical phenomena" -> MR can't block or something. If you go by the hint where she said she can create 1 million familiars from her tails, it's kinda like Sun Wukong using his hair to create his clones. But for real, we don't know how it works exactly.

It seems to be a mix of Onmyoudou and Dakini magic being used by the goddess of witchcraft Kurukulla in Buddhism. The goddess appears as a 16 years old booby teenage girl (sounds familiar) and her magic's effects are quite similar to what described in Tamamo's witchcraft, which also involves some yoga shenanigans: http://vajranatha.com/teaching/Kurukulla.htm

If you go by nasuverse term, I think that magic uses Buddhism as foundation, maybe like the Church's Holy Sacraments. But then you have the miko dances and ofuda spams. Those are from Onmyoudou, which has teachings base on both science and occult stuffs and even feng shui. Her goddess form design is a mix of Japanese and Indian mythology (stated in Extra mats) so my guess is that Nasu mixed 2 magic foundations into 1 and it became something that doesn't work like normal magecraft, ended up making MR confused and fail to block.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Also she expected to lose, which she told you long before they fought

She was going to try and trap him with Gate of Skye anyway, ended up saving herself after she was surprised.

so it worked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Generally they don't remember events and details from other summonings. (Except when it's entertaining to do that.)

Over time it feels like they can regain some sense of familiarity with the other events if reminded enough about it. But officially it's supposed to be like reading a trustworthy biography about yourself, without actually remembering the events.

There's been a bunch of little twists and interpretations on this though
    But Archer said in Extra he remembered he was in the fifth Holy grail war, didn't he saud that? He also said to saber in Extella "Same as always", like you're as I remembered you. But it seems that's not the case for saber...
    Thanks for all your answers too

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by onepieceuc1 View Post
    But Archer said in Extra he remembered he was in the fifth Holy grail war, didn't he saud that? He also said to saber in Extella "Same as always", like you're as I remembered you. But it seems that's not the case for saber...
    Thanks for all your answers too
    I mean archer having memories of the 5th grail and saber should be a given anyways since he went through it as shirou.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    In fate extra archer will reference the time he fought saber in battle, specifically fighting her invisible sword, something shirou never did.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It's been a while since i played extra, so i don't actually remember what's referenced. Though small stuff like that should be easy enough to transfer over, unlike characters development in another story when it's not for fan service .

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i mean isnt that just how it went with Extra's Shirou HGW
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    i mean isnt that just how it went with Extra's Shirou HGW
    He also references rin being his master when you fight her.

Blog Entries
    I mean, isn't that how it went in Shirou's Holy Grail War?