Page 6658 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 56586158655866086648665366566657665866596660666366686708675871587658 ... LastLast
Results 133,141 to 133,160 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    More like you intentionally ignore my posts that BOTH Castor and You agreed with and even pointed you to those for the argument because you couldn't come up with any counter arguments. In fact, Castor basically answered your dumb question for me here:

Which, of course you also couldn't answer (or intentionally ignored). So I had to spell it out for you "No". Those are the feats of the weapons, not himself. He was breaking as he's doing those and try to keep up, which any other human would be like under the same circumstances.

Basically you couldn't come up with anything so you try to question my understanding of the argument or read the VN to try and dismiss my credibility in this. Pretty standard rhetorical tactic, almost worked but nope.
    You do know that the sword isn't literally doing the thing themselves right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I guess what im trying to say is

Copying fencing technique used by Kristin Vines with his hand be read from the fencing sword she used for a while in practicing: believable

Copying Usain Bolt's running form from this pocket knife he put in his pocket as it got swung around by the running momentum: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    p much
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It may not doing it literally on its own, shirou still has, to, like, moves about and stuffs

But that does not directly translate to Shirou himself doing purely Servant level feat with his own body without help from the sword too.

Because the sword be doing the heavy lifting. The guy had to move , but the blade majorly helps him and he still got pummeled from the impact back, a la normal living being.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    You do understand "the sword doing most of the heavy lifting" means that it does most of the job while Shirou simply holds it and follow the movements right? It's like you give a soldier an automatic gatling gun and all the guy has to do is press the trigger and rotate it to different directions and shoot the targets. The gatling is doing most of the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    It may not doing it literally on its own, shirou still has, to, like, moves about and stuffs

But that does not directly translate to Shirou himself doing purely Servant level feat with his own body without help from the sword too.

Because the sword be doing the heavy lifting.
    Pretty much my point. Inb4 he continues to ignore these.

JP Friend Code
    You do understand "the sword doing most of the heavy lifting" means that it does most of the job while Shirou simply holds it and follow the movements right? It's like you give a soldier an automatic gatling gun and all the guy has to do is press the trigger and rotate it to different directions and shoot the targets. The gatling is doing most of the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much my point. Inb4 he continues to ignore these.
    Where do you think the force to deal with blows from Hercules and Gil come from?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Damage from projection is just inexperience while physical strain is less easy to deal with.

Then you'd think that Shirou would have died the bunch of other times he reproduced stats tens of times greater than his. Why is Achilles a death sentence but not Hercules or King Arthur? And to get back to the first question, why couldn't EMIYA handle it?

But if Shirou can't react to Gil's attacks then how could he know to try to dodge them? Shirou says that the sword is what reacts right after he goes and reacts.
    Yes, Shirou should have died from the wounds sustained by projecting Caliburn and Nine Lives Blade Works. The narrative makes it pretty clear his body is in terrible shape afterwards. It's because of Archer's Arm and Avalon that he was able to survive.

Shirou tries to dodge Gilgamesh's attack and fails. But doesn't die because the sword blocks it.
    And the later on it says "I can't judge Gilgamesh's attacks, but this sword is able to"

Which his fail of a dodge proves. Because if he could judge Gilgamesh's attacks, he would have succesfully dodged. Instead he was not able to judge Gilgamesh's attack and therefore failed a dodge and the sword had to save him.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are you serious? How many times does the same scene and text have to be linked where it explicitly states the sword is doing the thing for you to get that it is the sword doing the thing, not Shirou/Emiya?

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2078/

"Wha? That sword is my…!?"
    Saber's voice is filled with blank amazement.
    She is staring at what I'm holding, which should not exist here.

"Ah"
    Does the sword have a will of its own?
    "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
    The golden sword does not stop and, as if pulled toward it, slashes through the giant's arm.
    The sword blocks the numerous blows smashing madly…!

"…!"
    But this is it.
    I'm tossed away.
    As soon as my consciousness returns, the sword must have left everything in my hands.
    I am easily thrown away by the attacks I was easily blocking until now.

"Haah"
    The senses in my arms are already gone. My wrist is about to rip off as I can see the red meat.

"Kuh…!"
    My legs won't move. All my muscles must have stopped working.
    I can't stand up.
    I made the sword that surpasses Berserker.
    But that's all.
    As I am only a maker, I cannot handle the sword!
    - - - Updated - - -

Where do you think the force to deal with blows from Hercules and Gil come from?
    The weapon that Shirou projected, not Shirou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    You do understand the basic concept of parrying an attack right? You don't need to showcase the force that directly match the opposing force. You only need a sufficient amount of force to apply a force enough to change the vector of the incoming attack.

Oh and btw Aikido and Taichichuan are martial arts expertise in parrying, blocking and defending against force of greater scale, maybe you should check them out.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; April 17th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.

JP Friend Code
    You do understand the basic concept of parrying an attack right? You don't need to showcase the force that directly match the opposing force. Aikido and Taichichuan are martial arts expertise in parrying, blocking and defending against force of greater scale, maybe you should check them out.
    So you're saying that a regular human has the force to parry blows form demigods ghosts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Are you serious? How many times does the same scene and text have to be linked where it explicitly states the sword is doing the thing for you to get that it is the sword doing the thing, not Shirou/Emiya?

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2078/

- - - Updated - - -

The weapon that Shirou projected, not Shirou.
    I swing to follow the sword, and as a result, I can block his attacks.
    Did you really think that the sword was just blocking the attacks on it's own and Shirou was just holding onto it because he loves swords that much?

The sword has memories and experience but it needs Shirou to swing it with the strength and speed to match those memories, which he does even though he can't handle it. It's the same principle as HF Shirou doing stunts because the arm is convincing him he can.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do I really think that what the text makes abundantly clear is indeed what's happening? Yes.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Do I really think that what the text makes abundantly clear is indeed what's happening? Yes.
    Well then I guess Shirou should have just let Caliburn sword fight Gil on it's own. I don't know why he felt the need to swing at servant speeds and strength if the sword was doing it all on it's own.

JP Friend Code
    So you're saying that a regular human has the force to parry blows form demigods ghosts?
    Yes, especially when the sword is doing the specific technique to parry and Shirou actively trying to dodge as well. The quote even stated that the sword knows about how to deal with these kinds of attacks, it knew the most efficient way to parry. In martial art (especially sword techniques) there is this saying "Four tael (200 grams) beats a thousand kati (half a ton)" (四两拔千斤) in China, a basic idea of parrying attacks with minimal force. When you need to use a huge amount of force to parry, that's no longer parry, because while parrying one can even plan for counter attack.

JP Friend Code
    Yes, especially when the sword is doing the specific technique to parry and Shirou actively trying to dodge as well. The quote even stated that the sword knows about how to deal with these kinds of attacks, it knew the most efficient way to parry. In martial art (especially sword techniques) there is this saying "Four tael (200 grams) beats a thousand kati (half a ton)" (四两拔千斤) in China, a basic idea of parrying attacks with minimal force.
    So in your head, shirou could just toss any smuck a caliburn and they could do the same thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well then I guess Shirou should have just let Caliburn sword fight Gil on it's own. I don't know why he felt the need to swing at servant speeds and strength if the sword was doing it all on it's own.
    Probably because Shirou wasn't the one swinging Caliburn. Caliburn was fighting to make up for Shirou's lack of experience, which is a problem when Shirou physically can't hold it/keep up with it.

There's only so many times that the multiple instances of this text that state this can be linked before one can conclude that anyone incapable of understanding what is stated simply doesn't want to believe what's written.

Blog Entries
    He can produce the strength to wield the weapons yeah, based on Nine Bullet Revolver scene, but really, nobody is saying the swords literally move on its own beyind just joking around

Its just that when we got pretty explicit scenes that the sword itself can trace le memories of swinging/blocking on its own and just dragging shirou's arm, with Shirou's own consciousness late to even follow, a guy gotta admit that perhaps beyond producing the memory movement and the strength of the swing, Shirou's arm is just moving in normal capacity.

Also bit out of track, but i just checked GO mats and Herc's real Nine Lives is a madrush of 100 attacks.

Nine Lives Blade Works got 8.

Mm, Im more convinced that when it comes to certain things (such as 100 slash rush or mad sonic sprint), even projection has its limits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So in your head, shirou could just toss any smuck a caliburn and they could do the same thing.
    Projection just recreates the NP, based on the steps Shirou follows. So yes, anyone could pick up Caliburn and end up in the exact same state as a Shirou without Avalon.

Blog Entries
    Inb4 copying heartstabbing gaebolg becomes pancreasstabbing gae bolg

JP Friend Code
    No, if he gives me a Caliburn I can't do the same thing because for once I'm too weak and slow to keep up with all the dodging. But yes I can swing it around and parry with my expertise in martial art. But that is because I am below average in physical capabilities even for Asian standard. You give it to an athletic guy i.e those who compete in the Ninja Warrior competition that will do just fine and even better.

JP Friend Code
    Probably because Shirou wasn't the one swinging Caliburn. Caliburn was fighting to make up for Shirou's lack of experience, which is a problem when Shirou physically can't hold it/keep up with it.

There's only so many times that the multiple instances of this text that state this can be linked before one can conclude that anyone incapable of understanding what is stated simply doesn't want to believe what's written.
    I can't believe I have to prove that swords don't moving on their own.
    Emiya Shirou cannot handle this giant sword.
    But my left arm will definitely reproduce the strength of my enemy.
    God please tell me you're just acting dumb.