Page 6724 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 57246224662466746714671967226723672467256726672967346774682472247724 ... LastLast
Results 134,461 to 134,480 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

It's time to hajima with the potshots.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    To be fair to him, Revelations is more of an allegory on the then-current political situation than anything else. It's not his fault people don't know how to interpret texts.

Lol what.

We're still talking about the Revelations as written by John the Evangelist? Number of the Beast, Riders of the Apocalypse, Second Coming, all the good stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    t. Person who has never read a political manifesto
    Most manifestos I read these days are typically written by rambling anarcho-anti-somethings, so they're usually some flavor of entertaining. Still not my favorite choice of reading material...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I'm just saying the book has no business being in the Bubble and should've stayed apocryphal along with all the other SPICY RIVETING BIBLE AUS IF YOU LIKE GOT YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT Dan Brownies we know and love.
    Gospels Acts and authentic Pauline epistles only tyvm
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Lol what.

We're still talking about the Revelations as written by John the Evangelist? Number of the Beast, Riders of the Apocalypse, Second Coming, all the good stuff?

- - - Updated - - -..
    There are many theories that the Revelations were written as a response to the prosecution started by Nero, with allusions to Rome and it's Emperor. If I remember the number of the beast, in Hebrew says Nero or something along those lines.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Waaaait

...I'm guessing you are unaware of the fact that Revelations was written between 10 and 20 years and three emperors after Nero, during the reign of Domitian. That particular piece of conspiracy theory has been debunked so many times I literally didn't consider you might be referring to that.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 20th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

JP Friend Code
    forums.nronqsr.com

educate the plebeian here, why does Vav become o in that
    updated 2019/1/10

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Lol what.
    *sigh*
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...velation.shtml

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you're the guy who seriously argued "worship" can only refer to religious devotion because of its etymology, completely ignoring the actual etymology, aren't you? Never mind, then.

I'm seeing a lot of [citation needed] statements and weasel-words in this article... Got anything that at least names some names in it?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you're the guy who seriously argued "worship" can only refer to religious devotion because of its etymology, completely ignoring the actual etymology, aren't you? Never mind, then.
    Suit yourself. Although I hope you realise that sentence doesn't actually make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    forums.nronqsr.com

educate the plebeian here, why does Vav become o in that
    Sorry I'm having my Internet Explorer moment here.

Suit yourself. Although I hope you realise that sentence doesn't actually make sense.
    I feel like I'm casting pearls before swine.

I have no knowledge on 信仰 whatsoever beyond what the Internet tells me, but as far as English goes, I'm fairly certain you can't have "worship" without "religion".
    Etymologically, the word comes from an Old English word which means "to acknowledge someone's worth", and to this day it's used - either innately or by extension - to express reverence, admiration, and even a form of love in non-religious contexts.
    You also argued for some hilarious misinterpretation of "anti-hero".

Blog Entries
    It would be alike wearisome and useless to enumerate even the more prominent applications made of the Apocalypse. Racial hatred and religious rancour have at all times found in its vision much suitable and gratifying matter. Such persons as Mahomet, the Pope, Napoleon, etc., have in turn been identified with the beast and the harlot. To the "reformers" particularly the Apocalypse was an inexhaustible quarry where to dig for invectives that they might hurl then against the Roman hierarchy. The seven hills of Rome, the scarlet robes of the cardinals, and the unfortunate abuses of the papal court made the application easy and tempting. Owing to the patient and strenuous research of scholars, the interpretation of the Apocalypse has been transferred to a field free from the odium theologicum. But then the meaning of the Seer is determined by the rules of common exegesis. Apart from the resurrection, the millennium, and the plagues preceding the final consummation, they see in his visions references to the leading events of his time. Their method of interpretation may be called historic as compared with the theological and political application of former ages.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Since I've already thrown away some pearls: https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/326...n_tab_contents

You can't agree on a widely debated and variously interpreted religious text, for shame!

Blog Entries
    Obviously I disagree with Spoony's hardline 'more than anything else,' but it's entirely fair to say that secular scholarship would dub that the most important interpretation.

I wonder where is this mystical utopia of people debating various interpretations of something, even when they're more on the unique side, without questioning each other's intelligence and arguing as if their very lives depend on pwning their opponent withing the next few exchanges.

Sorry for not being clearer, but my link was for Deathhappens. It's fine if he wants to disagree with the sociopolitical interpretation of Revelations; it's not fine to claim it's a mere "conspiracy theory" that has already been "debunked so many times".

The TM Revelation breeds crazies is all I'm sayin.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    TM Revelation
    i love his OPs
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute