Page 7296 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6296679671967246728672917294729572967297729873017306734673967796 ... LastLast
Results 145,901 to 145,920 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In extella link, she couldn’t remember who archer was, even though she knew she should.

EDIT: she did however, remember who Lancelot was

EDIT2: I just realized I phrased “post fate route” poorly, post FSN route, not fate as in the saber route.
    it's funny in a way since nameless is not exactly emiya shirou.

also, cograts to me for finishing extella. no big deal, just took me a couple of months. that's all. ''insert shirou hanged on a rope emote''
    Spoiler:
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwarz50 View Post
    I'm talking about the servant versions. People are saying 'archer gil is pre-epic of gilgamesh and caster gil is after he returns home after getting robbed by the snake'

I've been seeing it and my immediate response is 'that doesn't sound quite right'
    should have all of his memories intact either as caster or an archer normally, yes.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Thank you for understand.

Is there any source of the truth of this information? I got curious.
    Sorry, that was only a joke, there's nothing for or against that hypothesis.
    Although some could argue that Gil would need some extra mana, there were other means for that end.

Quote Originally Posted by I never got the help I needed View Post
    Alright, I made an account just to ask this. Is there any material that discusses YHVH? I heard on reddit that he is in Akasha.
    Interestingly, I am the one who questioned that assertment on Reddit. (I use the same username, I just added a "Dom" there).

I believe Kara no Kyoukai specified very well that the "God" on Nasuverse is a vijñāna, which is a buddhist concept of Counsciousness. The equivalent of this in japanese is 識, which has the recognizable sound as "shiki".
    The famous "Saber Void" would be, in my interpretation, the closest we could get from the presence of God in the Nasuverse as she (or it) would be the Amalavijñāna, the purest, deep and immaculate consciousness that is identified with the nature of reality.

This fits with the concept that the root is a "colorless god" which is impartial to all events. That would obviously not be compatible to what YHWH is as He is evidently partial. Both would share though in terms of personal characteristics things like omnipotency, omniscience and omnipresence.

My best bet is that most hebrews, christians and muslim in Nasuverse just interpreted the root as YHWH, worshipped it and got blessed for some reason, leading to all what we already know.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm okay with that

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Reddit tends to be very dumb with Yah-wheeee~ stuff in general.

Honestly the shitpost about YHWH = Velber is more substantial than YHWH = the root that comes from misunderstanding the Mahoyo stuff.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    anywho, not sure why a minor deity from the canaan pantheon is that important?
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Not really? Why should fanon be raised over canon?
    same reasons why:

- you shouldn't buy what an author that one day woke up and thought of changing stuff into a: it was all a dream
    - when an author contradict themsleves and doesn't correct; it's the ''fandom'' that decides which side the contradiction is valid
    - plot holes that are insolvable by flawed canonical explanation and if possible, solved by flawless explanation by the audience rather than the author
    - you get the point and/or read la mort d'auteur already. we live in a post structualistm era

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by falseCeilings View Post
    As a demigod who renounced the role entrusted to him by the forces of Nature (i.e. Gods), which in turn accelerated the decay of Gods and resulted in the arrival of Age of Man, Gilgamesh becomes a synonym for human ego itself.

Of course he's not going to be corruptible. He's the ultimate causa sui, his own judge. Whatever appears in the world is there only for his appraisal. This is how he describes his position.

What happens in FSN is quite reasonable. You give Gilgamesh another life, in a world which doesn't become him. The grailmud is just a handy tool, a first step in bringing the world up to standard.

''corrupts the soul''

explain this to me and if it makes sense then I would wholehearted agree with you. because I agree with that for the most part
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 17th, 2019 at 11:55 PM.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    is this another ''guys look I found ze retconz'' moment
    hardly. I was merely pointing out that we have actual evidence now that angra meddled with Gil's spirit core in FSN-like timelines.

a lot of people are presistent that being altered is a necessary process of being corrupted which is kinda far-fetched considering that alters are already being made now without angra in grand order and Gilgamesh was getting corrupted in the mooncell for interacting with the far side for too much

some also argue that gil has a ''tendancy'' of ''probably guiding'' when he ''incarnates'' if he sees fits

which is a fair argument but again, it could easily be argued back that Angra simply choose to incarnate him so the odds of him not following suit doesn't happen. after all, goldie is the only one that suspiciously gets incarnated.

gil himself says that it's up on the air whether he would do it if he were to incarnate, so it makes sense a push would do the trick.

TLDR: the interpretation of gil being influenced by angra shouldn't be looked as invalid but rather as possible but whether probable or not is up to you.
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 17th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Spoiler:

Is there a reason you're responding to a conversation from 20 pages ago

I doubt it's against the rules but like why

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    also, the reason why I took long to respond back is because I was in a travel and I just came back recently

- - - Updated - - -

damn it, too late
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice reply, not even giving any reasons at all other than "Figure it out".

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Nice reply, not even giving any reasons at all other than "Figure it out".
    Unless you missed the first three lines then that would be quite inaccurate, so...I recommend reading it properly and carefully this time but in case you do but still don't get it.

I would do the getting part for you: authors are people after all, as such, they are subjected to errors as well when they don't work precautiously in stuff like retcons and/or fail to notice contradictins within the story.

at that point, it's up to the audience to decide which side of the contradiction is valid and which is not. does this retcon fit or does it create a plot hole and if it so then shouldn't be removed or is there a logical explanation within the verse setting that justify it.

or in much simpler terms: plot hole (in the sense of inconsistencies)+ canon = bad + valid fanon = good.

not sure why are we having this kind of conversation though
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 18th, 2019 at 05:07 AM.
    Spoiler:

Thinking canon in nasuverse isn't healthy for you

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Canon = No Can
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    Unless you missed the first three lines then that would be quite inaccurate, so...I recommend reading it properly and carefully this time but in case you do but still don't get it.

I would do the getting part for you: authors are people after all, as such, they are subjected to errors as well when they don't work precautiously in stuff like retcons and/or fail to notice contradictins within the story.

at that point, it's up to the audience to decide which side of the contradiction is valid and which is not. does this retcon fit or does it create a plot hole and if it so then shouldn't be removed or is there a logical explanation within the verse setting that justify it.

or in much simpler terms: plot hole (in the sense of inconsistencies)+ canon = bad + valid fanon = good.

not sure why are we having this kind of conversation though
    This sounds a lot like complaining about published mistakes being official when ultimately who cares if your fanfic is better? It's not being published, hence it's not really as relevant or important as the actual works.

This is happening because you felt like it, so I'm not sure why you should be wondering about it.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Thinking canon in nasuverse isn't healthy for you
    I indeed realise my sickness. still working on it, zur.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    This sounds a lot like complaining about published mistakes being official when ultimately who cares if your fanfic is better? It's not being published, hence it's not really as relevant or important as the actual works.

This is happening because you felt like it, so I'm not sure why you should be wondering about it.
    for some, they are mistakes, for others, they are geniune writings that make no sense in their own. so you're not that far off but you bring up a good question.

why would it matter if a work is consistent or not when fans consistentising it is not gonna be recognized officially, OR DOES IT

you see, your question is well put, so let me answer it in fine words as well:

fanons are in a ''superposition state'' in a way, in the sense of they are neither truly geniune (what canon means) nor false untill verified by the original work. which means they only serve as temorary fill-ups by audience till the auteur patch things up. with the timeframe for that temp being indefinite. they do serve as a compliment to the work by the audience till the auteur can competently do in their behalf, that's it
    tbh, I just remembered that I left you guys unresponded and thought of completing this postponed task,
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 18th, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Spoiler:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Canon = No Can
    I miss Canon, good ole man on lap

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code