Page 6713 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 57136213661366636703670867116712671367146715671867236763681372137713 ... LastLast
Results 134,241 to 134,260 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Are we still talking about Zenon the Citiaean or are we conflating random Zenons from whenever?
    No, I'm still talking about the paradox guy.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Only the most cultured in this forum

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Im missing that reference
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%2...d_the_tortoise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    No, I'm still talking about the paradox guy.
    No, actually, my bad. Paradox!Zenon was Zenon of Elea. I was thinking of Zenon of Citium, also known as Zenon the Stoic. Different guy.

Would the leaders (Zeus, Odin and etc) from their respective pantheons rank above Amaterasu or below?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Would the leaders (Zeus, Odin and etc) from their respective pantheons rank above Amaterasu or below?
    We have no idea. Amaterasu is more powerful in that she isn't restricted by earth and is cosmic but that doesn't necessarily mean she's stronger then them, just that they work on different concepts which was more important to Sefar then just plain strength. It all depends on concepts, so like say if Mars and Amaterasu were to fight I don't see that well for her because by his nature Mars is good at fighting, that's his thing.

Plus his kill stat is really scary. What we've seen Altera done with it is just the tip of the iceberg.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Fran had low stats because she had a poor master right? Shouldn't having the homunculus to supply energy have made up for that?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nah she's just shitty in general
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nah she's just shitty in general
    She's got okay stats as Swimsuit Saber.

In general she's a pretty bad berserker though
    Last edited by Megas; May 17th, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

US Friend Code
    She's cost efficient and that's normally a really good selling point for Berserkers
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    She's cost efficient and that's normally a really good selling point for Berserkers
    I mean, yeah but her low ME means that making her a berserker was probably not that beneficial to her. And with the original plan being "use homunculus batteries" cost efficiency would have been a weird thing to consider when picking out a catalyst.

Actually, someone remind me, did Caelus know she'd be a Berserker from before summoning?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Because she can draw prana from her surroundings right? Causing less strain on the Master?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he even used the supplementary verse in the summoning incantation that would guarantee that she'd be a Berserker.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I mean, yeah but her low ME means that making her a berserker was probably not that beneficial to her. And with the original plan being "use homunculus batteries" cost efficiency would have been a weird thing to consider when picking out a catalyst.

Actually, someone remind me, did Caelus know she'd be a Berserker from before summoning?
    Well only one person was going to get the grail even if they were able to beat the Red Team, and the homunculus batteries were Gordes. Depending on your potential future enemy to keep supplying you with magical energy isn't a good plan.

JP Friend Code
    I would expect them to be equal, but...
    Caenis said that lostbelt Ivan can even win in a brawl with her chief deity, which I think she's referring to Zeus, so Zeus is...not that impressive if you go that way. Tho I would wait for that 12000 BCE lostbelt to see what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    It all depends on concepts, so like say if Mars and Amaterasu were to fight I don't see that well for her because by his nature Mars is good at fighting, that's his thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihonsinwa.com
    本来は豊穣といった御利益だったのでしょうが、主神だけあって、その神得はあらゆる分野に影響する万能の御 利益の有難い神様です。
    Amaterasu is an omnipotent goddess who has influences over all fields, basically she has all powers of other gods (due to Ise Shinto faction wank and her being worshipped everywhere together with other gods of other fields). There are games that depict her as a warrior goddess coughSmitecough, and male Amaterasu is a protagonist version of Susanoo.

Or if you go by Shingon Buddhism. Acala (the Nioh stand in Musashi's NP) is the manifestation of Vairocana that is worship even among the yakuza, whose wrath and destructive nature is similar to Shiva. Also it was said that Vairocana model is actually base on Virochana - the king of the Asuras who is buddy with Indra.

Syncretism gave Amaterasu literally everything lol. The question is whether Nasu goes through with that, or he's gonna feel bad for the salty gaijins and tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post

Considering he knows the catalyst as well as they already figured out the battle plan before even summoning, he should

And yeah Frank is just a shit Servant in general. In the Great HGW she's basically something you let loose on the battlefield to make noise

In a normal HGW she's like crap tier, basically will never be able to win the HGW

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Caenis said that lostbelt Ivan can even win in a brawl with her chief deity, which I think she's referring to Zeus, so Zeus is...not that impressive if you go that way. Tho I would wait for that 12000 BCE lostbelt to see what's up.
    Really? The god who constantly bragged in "The Illiad" about how he could defeat all Olympians together, and was right?

Amaterasu is an omnipotent goddess who has influences over all fields, basically she has all powers of other gods (due to Ise Shinto faction wank and her being worshipped everywhere together with other gods of other fields). There are games that depict her as a warrior goddess coughSmitecough, and male Amaterasu is a protagonist version of Susanoo.
    Interesting. But then, wouldn't she have been able to stop Susano-o's rampage over her lands, instead of just hiding away out of anger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post

Or if you go by Shingon Buddhism. Acala (the Nioh stand in Musashi's NP) is the manifestation of Vairocana that is worship even among the yakuza, whose wrath and destructive nature is similar to Shiva. Also it was said that Vairocana model is actually base on Virochana - the king of the Asuras who is buddy with Indra.

Syncretism gave Amaterasu literally everything lol. The question is whether Nasu goes through with that, or he's gonna feel bad for the salty gaijins and tone it down.
    I think she was referring to the main deity of Kirschtaria's team.

This exaggeration in Amaterasu is extremely annoying, but I understand that they want to privilege the divine spirits of their homeland, especially the Waifu of the sun.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Stop picking on Fran, everyone!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Interesting. But then, wouldn't she have been able to stop Susano-o's rampage over her lands, instead of just hiding away out of anger?
    The Amaterasu in story is already Nigimitama mode, she is (surprisingly) one of the most peaceful goddess in that state and does not want conflicts. Susanoo otoh is still Aramitama mode until he repent himself with his deeds on earth. Once he got to Nigimitama state like his sis, he's considered a very gentle god lol.

But then again, we have to remember that Nasu is going with syncretism. And Susanoo in syncretism is...a clusterfuck in of himself. Legends behind him are many and some are later rewritten then attributed to other heroes, so you can even say he's the prototype of heroes...in a sense (cough cough). In some stories they don't even consider him a god of heaven but an onigami (demonic god) which is the source of him being syncretized with Sakra, Indra, Daikokuten and Gozu Tennou. He is the embodiment of chaos, violence, storm, sea, earthquake, mountains, thunder and even pestilence but also courage, strength, wealth, food and...kitchen (???) in Nigimitama mode.
    This exaggeration in Amaterasu is extremely annoying, but I understand that they want to privilege the divine spirits of their homeland, especially the Waifu of the sun.
    Are you sure?
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Considering he knows the catalyst as well as they already figured out the battle plan before even summoning, he should

And yeah Frank is just a shit Servant in general. In the Great HGW she's basically something you let loose on the battlefield to make noise

In a normal HGW she's like crap tier, basically will never be able to win the HGW
    Fran is a Servant with training wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.