Page 7342 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6342684272427292733273377340734173427343734473477352739274427842 ... LastLast
Results 146,821 to 146,840 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Lancelot I believe was specifically noted in TM to adapt his combat against Gawain to be extremely defensive so he could outlast the sun buff.

So you either need someone who can play defense very well and/or have the raw power to compete

So someone like Lancer Cu can survive Gawain if not score a win while Cu Alter could probably beat him fair and square.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, seems like a Badass VS topic more than anything else.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Again, this isn't stated anywhere in UBW. He says explicitly he can try for an approximation, something never used to describe any other projections, as the real deal is beyond him. K&B, Rho Aias, Caladbolg or Hrunting aren't said anywhere to be approximations like an Excalibur copy, even though as "perfect" copies they're ranked down. CM3 just goes into more detail and clears things up.
    None of archer's NPs were ever perfect copies, that's why they are ranked down. They are always imitations close to the original, thus approximations, by the literal definition of the word.
    Shirou can trace Excalibur, traced Excalibur. Nothing in the VN said he couldn't. Everyone believed he could.

With an effort, I gather together the shards of my consciousness.
    What did Saber just say?
    Did she ask me why I won't project her sword?

I can't waste my energy like that.
    It takes too long to project such a powerful Noble Phantasm, and I can't handle that holy blade in any case.
    I should be able to imitate it if my enemy's not moving, but I won't have time to use the sword's true name against her
    Angra Manyu can't move as long as it's in the black fire.
    I'll cleave it in two before he can emerge.
    If there's anything capable of such a feat, it's

The greatest Noble Phantasm I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    None of archer's NPs were ever perfect copies, that's why they are ranked down. They are always imitations close to the original, thus approximations, by the literal definition of the word.
    The point behind projection by "judging the concept of creation, hypothesizing the basic structure, duplicating the composition material, imitating the skill of its making, sympathizing with the experience of its growth, reproducing the accumulated years, excelling every manufacturing process" is to "bind the illusion and make it a sword", the illusion being the noble phantasm. The rankdown is not attributed to a lack of accuracy in the reproduction; if they weren't perfect copies they wouldn't be noble phantasms at all.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Shirou can trace Excalibur, traced Excalibur. Nothing in the VN said he couldn't. Everyone believed he could.
    Archer says otherwise, and even then the supposed Excalibur Morgan isn't stated to be a real copy like Caladbolg or Hrunting. Archer says, Shirou demonstrates and Nasu clarifies that absolutely shit copies that are similar to the real DCs are possible, but not actual projections like Caladbolg or Hrunting.

Like Leftovers said, rank downs of UBW's other projections aren't really relevant here. And you still haven't given more than word definitions for where approximations or the relevant JP text is used to describe other projections.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Prototype Fragments Typemoon Ace bonus chapter
    If she was a genius like her older sister―――――she might’ve been able to deal with him―――――but if she was her older sister, she could’ve used territory magic which was like almostall of the magics, on top of configuring and connecting in that moment where she had a type of magical foundation which was independently put together by powerful mages and old family lineages, as well as a released magical foundation, like black magic and rune magic, spiritual sorcery, gem magic and elemental conversion magic.
    Source

What is "released magical foundation"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Source

What is "released magical foundation"?
    Well this is bad.
    Anyway are you ready for some supreme Manaka wank?

A genius like her sister wasn't limited to only disclosed magecraft foundations like black magic, rune, necromancy, jewel magecraft, and elemental conversion. Her sister could instantly set up and connect to the numerous proprietary magical foundations that powerful magi and ancient lineages constructed and use magecraft that was almost magic. If it was her sister, she might have been able to deal with this situation.
    Sakurai: lol you thought making a special family foundation for your OC magus made them special? WELL MY MANAKA CAN INSTANTLY USE ALL YOUR OC'S MAGECRAFT, FRIEND. GG
    Last edited by You; February 26th, 2020 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Why is this allowed?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Because Sakurai is a hack and Nasu and Takeuchi don't give enough of a fuck about anything that isn't playing vidya gaems and drawing Saber in new outfits respectively to actually check their shit before green-lighting it I suspect.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Manaka will be defeated by Ayaka and her harem, so who gets the most wank?

also don't understand why ppl are alright with Kiara wank.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; February 26th, 2020 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Manaka will be defeated by Ayaka and her harem, so who gets the most wank?

Well theres your problem.

Of course Kiara has these people under her control, its her whole gimmick :V

I mean, surely you can see it too

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Manaka was a central element of the Fate/ Nasy wrote in high school, so Sakurai's wank was probably mandated. Well, at least the powerlevel wank. I still blame Sakurai alone for the whole cast flocking around Manaka in Fragments.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    anyone remember Fate/Prototype teaser anime? it was back in 2011.

also Prototype drama CD (not fragments) after that.

wonder those 2 works had Sakurai involved.

The way i see it, Manaka was supposed to be the Gilgamesh of proto, nigh omnipotent and all that. The problem is that we didnt get proto first, we got fragments,
    So instead of seeing nigh omnipotent Manaka first, then reading about all her op powers that she didnt get to use in a databook, we got Fragments and Labyrinth and trying to shove 'by the way' naration of Manaka's capabilities. And to fit all that, the stories started revolving entirely about her.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Eh. The main antagonist displaying over-the-top, cheat-level abilities (which may not even be context-appropriate) seems par for the course in a number of genres, particularly shounen action stories.

US Friend Code
    Isn't that about the same thing as Amakusa's arms or am I misunderstanding what his arms do?

Also I agree with madarra's assessment about the order we got Proto stuff probably affecting the portrayal of Manaka.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Amakusa is a Servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    oh yeah I'm not saying it's not bullshit she can do that, just making sure I understand right that it's the same thing he can do

Amakusa also just isn't nearly as talented or cheaty as Manaka by miles.