Page 7244 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6244674471447194723472397242724372447245724672497254729473447744 ... LastLast
Results 144,861 to 144,880 of 157504

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    No?

She has both Territory Creation and Item Creation. She's had them since Apocrypha.
    Huh. I could have sworn... Anyway, my mistake. Seems she's a properly multiclassed character, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Shielder was mentioned back in Apo mats? I know Mash was created way back in FSN development but that's still surprising to me.
    Yes, Achilles' profile mentions he's suitable for the Shielder class.
    However the Apo mats were released on 2015 around when FGO have already started and Mash class was already revealed

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Bonus question, if you would be so kind.

The wiki doesnt have a source for this part, instead they use zouken as a refference.

Zouken is a soul that controls a puppet body. Are dead apostoles the same? I suppose that that is why they can move even if they are jusf feet, because the body is then just a puppet that is being operated from somewhere else.

Can you give me a quote for this regarding vampires, specifically?

Also, what sort of spell did Natalia use to kill the vampire on the plane? What did she do? I assume she severed the connection between the soul and the body
    Nope, Zouken situation is not the same for all DAs. Zouken is not even a DA to be honest, though he's a similar monster. Natalia didn't need to disconnect anything. The spell she did killed the guy, that was his real body.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I know Mash was created way back in FSN development but that's still surprising to me.
    Could I get the mats for this? I didn't know they were already developing best Kouhai that far back.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Could I get the mats for this? I didn't know they were already developing best Kouhai that far back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate/side material

Stray Servant

A heroine candidate that vanished without a trace during the plotting stage.

She was conceived of as an "abandoned puppy" type heroine, who killed her Master and went on a rampage.

As a Servant of the shield, she was going to be a rival to Saber, the Servant of the sword, but…

Just like Gilgamesh, she would have been a Servant that had remained behind after the previous Grail War. Unfortunately, though, she had to be cut for the sake of keeping things manageable for the player.

After all, around this point, the plot itself was starting to stray. Not only Rider, but even Caster was a potential heroine candidate. It was terrifyingly chaotic.

Hmm? Fuji-nee? I don't know what you're talking about, Fuji-nee never had a main route even during the plotting stage.

US Friend Code
    My guess is she was originally going to be an actual genderbent Galahad, instead of Demi-Servant. What with the "from the 4HGW and killed her Master" thing.

Or maybe she was originally Ajax and Archer having Rho Aias is a leftover from that, like maybe originally he was going to copy it off her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bonus question, if you would be so kind.

The wiki doesnt have a source for this part, instead they use zouken as a refference.

Zouken is a soul that controls a puppet body. Are dead apostoles the same? I suppose that that is why they can move even if they are jusf feet, because the body is then just a puppet that is being operated from somewhere else.

Can you give me a quote for this regarding vampires, specifically?

Also, what sort of spell did Natalia use to kill the vampire on the plane? What did she do? I assume she severed the connection between the soul and the body
    "Well, we'll change the topic, but the Dead Apostles were originally human.
    There are a few cases where they became vampires through their own magical research, but the majority of them were humans who had their blood sucked.
    They are immortal, but they can't last forever. They can only be immortal if they drink the blood of others.
    Didn't I say their immortality was imperfect? If they can't feed on humans then their immortality is gone."

"…… Wait a minute, isn't that odd?
    In order to become immortal they drink the blood of humans, but doesn't that mean new Dead Apostles will be born every time they do that?"

"That's true, but things get complex from here.
    The people who have their blood sucked die. But at that time, if the Dead Apostles place a little of their blood inside the corpse, the body cannot die.
    Those bodies that were unable to die stay a number of years in the grave and when the brain decays and the soul is "fixated" in the body, they become a flesh-eating corpse (ghoul).

Only one out of every hundred people have this potential, so not everyone gets to 'stay'.
    For humans the soul is anchored to the brain, for vampires the soul becomes anchored to the body which itself becomes undying and they have the curse of restoration. It's not like Zouken's situation.

Odd Bozark himself has never been mentioned to be a Dead Apostle.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I think the anime named him as such, as does the wiki.

Dont have rhe novel on me to confirm though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    For humans the soul is anchored to the brain, for vampires the soul becomes anchored to the body which itself becomes undying and they have the curse of restoration. It's not like Zouken's situation.

Odd Bozark himself has never been mentioned to be a Dead Apostle.
    I see

So if the soul doesnt remote control the body, how can Roa literally walk when he is just a pair of feet?

I get he had magic and a full moon, but that display shouldnt be possible unless the soul was remote controlling the flesh. U less of course that the soul is afixed to every scrap of flesh

Or maybe she was originally Ajax and Archer having Rho Aias is a leftover from that, like maybe originally he was going to copy it off her.
    Top tier speculation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I see

So if the soul doesnt remote control the body, how can Roa literally walk when he is just a pair of feet?

I get he had magic and a full moon, but that display shouldnt be possible unless the soul was remote controlling the flesh. U less of course that the soul is afixed to every scrap of flesh
    This ability of theirs, the curse of restoration---actually isn't treating the wounds. Instead, it is a reversing of time to restore the damaged body part back to its original state. An occult artifact which nullifies this effect is called a conceptual weapon."

"In short, a magical weapon.
    We usually lift their curse looking into their human past, so we do not usually use them. But for those that were not originally human, we use them, kind of like a secret weapon.
    Your knife, is it not an anti-vampire weapon she brought?"
    "Ah----eh?"
    If he was actually a dead apostle. The spell she used probably just lifted the curse of restoration and killed him at the same time.

Yes I believe that's the explanation. As long as a dead apostle has some part of its body be it an ear or a nose their soul will still be connected to this plane.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    What was it that said Tokiomi's mom was a foreigner? Was it somewhere in Zero itself or in a material book?

Still weird how can feet walk without any actual connection or tendons though. What are your thoughts on that highly specific display?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-svEdxa8_v...Wik/s0/021.jpg

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe SHIKI's power helped

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I see

You realize literally everybody’s soul remote controls the body right

Memories, mind, and Magic Circuit are actually in the soul.
    So the body's only a terminal to move around, and the command structure is invincible in that world.
    That’s not just talking about Shirou

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Isn't that sad, Fuji-nee?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Your daily reminder that nasu has self admitted he consciously avoids/cuts routes he feel would be so awesome they would over shadow all other paths and nobody would be conflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You realize literally everybody’s soul remote controls the body right

That’s not just talking about Shirou
    well, yes, but most people dont come with immortal bodies

- - - Updated - - -

If he was actually a dead apostle. The spell she used probably just lifted the curse of restoration and killed him at the same time.

Yes I believe that's the explanation. As long as a dead apostle has some part of its body be it an ear or a nose their soul will still be connected to this plane.
    what does this "lifting the curse via looking into their past" mean, exactly?

what do we know about this.method?

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    well, yes, but most people dont come with immortal bodies

- - - Updated - - -

what does this "lifting the curse via looking into their past" mean, exactly?

what do we know about this.method?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki Dictionary
    Purification

In Tsukihime, the Church’s method of dealing with the undead. Dead Apostles… beings which were once human, but became bloodsucking monsters. In order to return them to dust, a religious symbol that they were familiar with in life is required.

The process works by driving the natural law from when they were a human into the vampire’s body, baptizing and restoring their flesh, then returning them to dust. The conceptual armaments required to perform the ceremony of forcibly opening the composition of the flesh and locking it into its original state are called “Keys of Providence.”

To put it simply, a crucifix would be a typical example.

However, a crucifix will only be effective on vampires that were originally Christians. If the official religion when they were human wasn’t Catholicism, it becomes much more difficult for the crucifix to generate an effect.

On the other hand, if the vampire used to be a Christian, then even if the human under attack is not a believer the crucifix will have an effect on its own.

Of course, it goes without saying that the effect will be greatest if they are both believers.
    "Hey, remember when you were a human, here's this thing from when you were a human, you HUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAN-"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Your daily reminder that nasu has self admitted he consciously avoids/cuts routes he feel would be so awesome they would over shadow all other paths and nobody would be conflicted.
    Even without a route, her greatness shines through.

"Hey, remember when you were a human, here's this thing from when you were a human, you HUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAN-"
    Ah that.

I thought that piece of lore was only pertaining to black keys (probably because of the wiki)