Page 7117 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6117661770177067710771127115711671177118711971227127716772177617 ... LastLast
Results 142,321 to 142,340 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Medusa and Scylla for the Throne of Monsters anyone?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    My understanding is it's a sort of "Throne of Gods" type higher plane, though that's not what it's actually called that's just a fan name.
    There is indeed a "kami no za". However it's ambiguous as to whether it refers to a thing similar to ToH or "the seat/position of god", as in one reeaching a state that can be called a god/obtaining godly powers lik omniscience and omnipotence. Extella implied realm of gods are kinda like a ToH where you can connect there to pull some godly powers of some gods tho.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So are there rituals to connect to the Throne of Gods like those that exist to summon Spirits from the Throne of Heroes? Or is it impossible for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So are there rituals to connect to the Throne of Gods like those that exist to summon Spirits from the Throne of Heroes?
    If you happen to have a divine construct connected to one of those gods as wells as all the resources of the moon cell, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

We know Gil is the strongest heroic spirit(Enkidu is almost his equal, or is he?) due to his high Mystery from being the protagonist of the oldest epic poem, but what if there was someone whose story was recorded through wall paintings? Wouldn't they too count as Heroic Spirits? And considering that the time during which Wall paintings were first made, the story of anyone with above average capabilities would have been told for many generations.

Blog Entries
    You’d think so but guess not because Gil is the oldest

Makes you wonder where Gil's father, Lugalbanda, falls into this.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLich79 View Post
    We know Gil is the strongest heroic spirit(Enkidu is almost his equal, or is he?) due to his high Mystery from being the protagonist of the oldest epic poem, but what if there was someone whose story was recorded through wall paintings? Wouldn't they too count as Heroic Spirits? And considering that the time during which Wall paintings were first made, the story of anyone with above average capabilities would have been told for many generations.
    Caveman Artoria did not make it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Caveman Artoria did not make it, sorry.
    A shame, but I shall still cling on to hope! Why you ask? Cuz Nasu loves exploiting loop holes to make things that we are told to be impossible, possible.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Epic of Gilgamesh gets rep for being known as one of the oldest surviving pieces of literature that we know the content of in detail, but more importantly has the right blend of desirable qualities Nasu wants for the purpose of his story because in the end even if you argue which wall scribbles are X thousands of years older than the other, it probably doesn’t have the a wiki article and scale of grandness matching a hero-king.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Epic of Gilgamesh gets rep for being known as one of the oldest surviving pieces of literature that we know the content of in detail, but more importantly has the right blend of desirable qualities Nasu wants for the purpose of his story because in the end even if you argue which wall scribbles are X thousands of years older than the other, it probably doesn’t have the a wiki article and scale of grandness matching a hero-king.
    I had no idea who Gil was till 2014 when I first saw him in an ASMV. I immediately named him blond douche who fills the stereotype of 'know-it-all-braindead-idiots' to the e, the last e.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Nasu: There are all types of True Ancestors, strong and weak. Arcueid can stand her ground with the first True Ancestor, so she's in a league of her own.

Who's the first True Ancestor?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Nasu: There are all types of True Ancestors, strong and weak. Arcueid can stand her ground with the first True Ancestor, so she's in a league of her own.

Who's the first True Ancestor?
    From what I remember, there is no first True Ancestor, there are only the first True Ancestors. They were made in Crimson Moon's image by Gaia when Gaia gace CM the right to live on Earth in return for him being her genuie pig for awhile so she could make the True Ancestors as the Earth's self-defense mechanism against whatever harmed it, which at the time of there creation were the humans. You could consider CM the first True Ancestor if you really really want to, it wouldn't be completely accurate though.

The Millennium Castle Brunestud where Arcueid had sealed herself away is not her original creation, but was actually created in the past by the most powerful True Ancestor, using marble phantasm. That original lord of Castle Brunestud died long ago, but ever since those True Ancestors capable of forming the castle have been uplifted as royalty.
    He's still considered the first Ancestor despite being an Ultimate One.

Ok, my mistake, sorry.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    He's still considered the first Ancestor despite being an Ultimate One.
    Doesn't that contradict the fact that he was never accepted by Gaia and Alaya?

It's just a naming convention, not a statement about his nature.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    Makes you wonder where Gil's father, Lugalbanda, falls into this.
    They seem to have gone with the later traditions that deified him (Gil being 2/3rds divine etc.), so he's a god. So you get to fudge things a little, I guess. What made Gil a Hero was defying the gods, so any older mythological figures have some convenient excuses available.

The real question is where the hell Rama is, chronologically - his texts postdate the Epic by millenia, but they also place him as literally living a million years ago. I guess the age of the story is probably what matters, though. Or maybe LB4 is going to upend this with crazy kalpa shit and the cyclical nature of Indian myths interacts weirdly with textures, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    They seem to have gone with the later traditions that deified him (Gil being 2/3rds divine etc.), so he's a god. So you get to fudge things a little, I guess. What made Gil a Hero was defying the gods, so any older mythological figures have some convenient excuses available.

The real question is where the hell Rama is, chronologically - his texts postdate the Epic by millenia, but they also place him as literally living a million years ago. I guess the age of the story is probably what matters, though. Or maybe LB4 is going to upend this with crazy kalpa shit and the cyclical nature of Indian myths interacts weirdly with textures, I dunno.
    Then you've got the avatar that precedes Rama, Parashurama. Who funnily enough, is still technically alive lore-wise. (never had a recorded death as far as I'm concerned, so he's kinda on a similar boat with Scathach and a few others in several ways)

US Friend Code
    It's a weird thematic/conceptual thing dealing with the Epic being the oldest written story even though there definitely are stories that were written later but take place earlier. I read once before that someone interpreted it as Gil being the first hero recorded on the Throne, but I dont remember if that was the actual explanation or someone's fanon.