Page 6655 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 56556155655566056645665066536654665566566657666066656705675571557655 ... LastLast
Results 133,081 to 133,100 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Because what you perceive as obvious sounds like wank.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Because what you perceive as obvious sounds like wank.
    Are you denying that Shirou gets in sword fights against servants and does much better than he has any right to?
    Or that EMIYA is generally better at sword stuff than Shirou?

JP Friend Code
    Yes, when you bring up those out of context to wank.

JP Friend Code
    Yes, when you bring up those out of context to wank.
    Why is it wank?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Because the only time Shirou ever defeated a Servant in hand-to-hand combat was against Gilgamesh in UBW, where he had massive conditional modifiers on his side. He only survived Lancer in his house by a combination of sheer dumb luck and Lancer just not putting in enough effort.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Because the only time Shirou ever defeated a Servant in hand-to-hand combat was against Gilgamesh in UBW, where he had massive conditional modifiers on his side. He only survived Lancer in his house by a combination of sheer dumb luck and Lancer just not putting in enough effort.
    I'm not talking about defeating servants, I'm talking about Shirou reacting with servant level capabilities by following his projected weapons. When I use that information to say that EMIYA could do the same thing on a smaller scale and ratio, I am said to be taking things out of context and wanking.

"Servant-level capabilities"? He barely kept up with Kuzuki!

JP Friend Code
    Herc and Gil in the Fate Route?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not that I'm getting into the debate, but he wasn't tracing stats from any weapon then. Also Shirou improved after fighting Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Herc and Gil in the Fate Route?
    His fight against Gilgamesh is actually a perfect example of him not being up to Servant level: he's replicating skills, but not strength, speed or stamina. Not only is he forced to go entirely on the defensive (while fighting someone who explicitly isn't a master of hand-to-hand combat), he's being battered because his body can't keep up.

Also, both against Herakles and in the final strike against Gilgamesh in the bridge, Saber was wielding the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Not that I'm getting into the debate, but he wasn't tracing stats from any weapon then. Also Shirou improved after fighting Archer.
    Shirou had already been drawing on Archer's skills for quite a while both times he fought Kuzuki.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; April 17th, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

JP Friend Code
    His fight against Gilgamesh is actually a perfect example of him not being up to Servant level: he's replicating skills, but not strength, speed or stamina. Not only is he forced to go entirely on the defensive (while fighting someone who explicitly isn't a master of hand-to-hand combat), he's being battered because his body can't keep up.

Also, both against Herakles and in the final strike against Gilgamesh in the bridge, Saber was wielding the sword.

Shirou had already been drawing on Archer's skills for quite a while both times he fought Kuzuki.
    Nope, skill alone doesn't let a normal human block blows from Hercules and Gilgamesh which Shirou does without help from Saber.
    The sword blocks the numerous blows smashing madly…!

"…!"
    But this is it.
    I'm tossed away.
    As soon as my consciousness returns, the sword must have left everything in my hands.
    I am easily thrown away by the attacks I was easily blocking until now.

I instantly block the attack swung at me!
    "! You!"
    I sway my body to the side to avoid the attack.
    "!!"
    But I'm not fast enough.
    If the first attack was a sudden gust, the next barrage of attacks is a raging wind.
    "Hakuh, guh…!"
    Parrying is all I can do.
    No, I wouldn't even have been able to block the first attack by myself.

So the sword reacts to his attacks before my hands do.
    I swing to follow the sword, and as a result, I can block his attacks.

It doesn't last long because Shirou is still a human but he is still clearly acting at servant levels.

JP Friend Code
    Being able to block servant's attacks with help by the sword's experience is not equal to him being servant level when you consider literally every other aspects of a servant's power kit he is missing. But then again I don't know what your definition for servant level is or if you even categorize them like I do, because in my ranking his performance is of low tier (E~D rank) servant, kinda similar to 1 tail Tamamo whose base stats are as weak as a human but can keep up with strong servants for a period of time when fighting defensively.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    His criteria is that Shirou and Archer are top tier because they blew up Herk and Gil, and thus could totally own Karna, Ozy, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Being able to block servant's attacks with help by the sword's experience is not equal to him being servant level when you consider literally every other aspects of a servant's power kit he is missing. But then again I don't know what your definition for servant level is or if you even categorize them like I do, because in my ranking his performance is of low tier (E~D rank) servant, kinda similar to 1 tail Tamamo whose base stats are as weak as a human but can keep up with strong servants for a period of time when fighting defensively.
    Alright let me hand-hold you through basic reasoning.

Can you admit that Shirou can achieve physical feats far exceeding what his body should be capable of?

JP Friend Code
    That is not basic reasoning, that is you trying to lead me into agreeing with your wank. So no I won't answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    His criteria is that Shirou and Archer are top tier because they blew up Herk and Gil, and thus could totally own Karna, Ozy, and so on.
    Ohhhhhhhh...

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    tldr from this paragraph is that sword memory reaction while semi being dragged with the sword =/= moving as badass or freely as a servant

right?

- - - Updated - - -

but Shirou achieving physical feats far exceeding what his body should be capable of does not necessarily mean Shirou achieving Servant level capabilities tho
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    That is not basic reasoning, that is you trying to lead me into agreeing with your wank. So no I won't answer.
    I am trying to gently guide you step by step. If I say something that is incorrect or illogical, feel free to point it out.

Now, is it true that Shirou Emiya, the protagonist of Fate/ Stay Night, has on occasion achieved physical feats far exceeding that of a normal human.

Blog Entries
    Oh Christ. Not this shit again. Could we skip to the gay pics being spammed, please? I think it was even the exact same people getting involved in the "discussion".

At this point all this EMIYA stuff should just have its own thread tbh, it's so far removed from the question at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Oh Christ. Not this shit again. Could we skip to the gay pics being spammed, please? I think it was even the exact same people getting involved in the "discussion".
    something something history repeats itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But he hadn't gotten as much skill as he did after fighting Archer, at that point he was just replicating Archer's movements.

Truthfully though I don't see why blocking Servant's attacks wouldn't be considered a Servant level feat. Not Hercules level or anything, but above what some low level Servants could accomplish.