Page 7236 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6236673671367186722672317234723572367237723872417246728673367736 ... LastLast
Results 144,701 to 144,720 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    The Nasuverse already has magecraft, [...]
    And it's mostly sanitised and divorced from any real-life context.

And I'm not sure "I'm not a witch, I'm an emissary of Cthulhu!" is actually any better.
    Granted, I can only go from secondhand accounts, but my understanding is that without the climate of fear and hatred which led to the trials in the first place, Abigail wouldn't have become a Foreigner.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydvs View Post
    What are leylines, exacty?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_line

Basically these are spiritual "veins" (脈) flowing in the land that is significant in magical importance to that place. Usually a huge amount of magic energy is stored in these places, that's why ppl set up greater rituals i.e the Greater Grail ontop of a leyline to take advantage of the big resource to fuel the spell. That wiki link should cover enough IRL information on that since the concept is not that different in TM.

What're the different foundations?
    There are a lot of them and if you want a list the TM wiki had most of it (details might be off but I won't bother checking), but there are still more with details unknown. But the largest foundation (all magecraft that is usable by humans) is created by the King of Magecraft Solomon. There are foundations used by ancient gods back in the AoG i.e the Dakini magic used by Tamamo and Kiara, Hecate's magic used by Circe and Medea, or the super duper version of rune magic that is primordial rune that the great god Odin created himself and used by Norse gods, these are magecrafts from the Age of Gods that was not related to the foundation Solomon created to allow humans to use magecraft and tend to be more powerful....etc.

What are the different departments of the clock tower?
    I'll let someone more familiar with Case Files answer this one.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydvs View Post
    Here's the things I definitely don't know. I dunno if I just missed something, or maybe it's obvious and I'm dumb, but I figure I'll ask all at once. What are leylines, exacty?
    Leylines are the planet's circulatory system for Mana. Spiritual Lands are where the concentration of Mana is important, and thus are perfect for a magus' workshop since they dispose of a virtually endless well to fuel their researches, ceremonies and what have you. The ritual for the Holy Grail in Fuyuki uses the leylines as a source of power.

If you are familiar with Full Metal Alchemist you may have heard something about the Dragon Pulse which is what the panda girl uses to fuel her Alchemy. It's an Eastern concept which Nasu applies to his setting.

Some foundations are deeply rooted with the land on which it is casts, and thus lose effectiveness the farther you are from it.

What're the different foundations?
    Basically any system that can trigger mysteries can count as one.

Think Alchemy, the Kabbalah, Witchcraft, Runes, Shamanism, etc... but also more exotic stuff, like regional traditions or lost arts. Heck you even have people doing magecraft using music. Also modern magecraft is actually a thing, with stuff like chaos magic being not that old. And while the Holy Church hate magi, nowadays the biggest foundation is actually their religion.

Certain groups of magi favor specific systems over others, like the Clock Tower doesn't teach Eastern Traditions, the Wandering Sea only cares about ancient magecraft, Atlas has its own brand of Alchemy - which doesn't require magic circuits, etc...

What are the different departments of the clock tower?
    General Fundamentals - As the name implies you study basics there. Newcomers at the Tower start spending few years there before picking another faculty.

Individual Fundamentals - Probably where you go if you have a highly specialized or unique magecraft.

Spiritual Evocation - Spirits obviously (including heroes) but also necromancy. And demons, like stuff Kaie and Crown use.

Mineralogy - Name should be telling you enough.

Zoology - Magical Beasts go there.

Lore / Tradition - Same.

Botany - Same.

Astronomy - Same.

Creation - Crafting goes there.

Curses - Duh.

Archeology - Universal studies here.

Modern Theories - Duh.

Law - The ones who come for you if you break the rules. They try to keep a certain level of order, on paper.

Does Nasu just like laughing at me?
    Probably, but don't worry, he does it to everyone.

Sorry for the long post, but I really wanna write something sent in this universe, because I feel like the way magic works in the nasuverse is insanely interesting, as well as the politics of the magi world. As such, I wanna make sure I have rules spot fuckin on, because the last thing I want is to base a major plot point around a very stupid misunderstanding in magic mechanics.
    It's cool, more fanfic writers should do that. Going the extra step.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 20th, 2019 at 09:57 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Granted, I can only go from secondhand accounts, but my understanding is that without the climate of fear and hatred which led to the trials in the first place, Abigail wouldn't have become a Foreigner.
    Abigail-Sothoth is the end result of the reenacted trials, not the cause of it.

Like, the Salem singularity is one big reenactment just to allow Yog to come over. Even if there was a justification this time, it'd be in Raum's Salem, which includes Lovecraftian elements to make the travel easier for Yog.

There were witches (the Whateleys), but they're acknowledged as fictional in-story too.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 19th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    Yeah, I think how Salem handled the witch trial aspect of things was pretty decent.

The really scary aspect of that part of history is how a society that held strict morality so highly turned on itself as a result of it's phobia of immorality, and let its prejudice give birth to a far greater evil than what they were self-righteously condemning. The fact that there were no witches is the most important thing, as it meant that the various atrocities of the Witch Trials were the result of a paranoid people hunting for a threat that didn't exist.

The Salem chapter conveyed that quality pretty well, with the primary threat for most of the chapter being the town's biased judicial system, and the "true" threat being the birth of a greater evil that resulted from the repeated injustices of the Witch Trials taking their toll on Abigail.
    You know what. Good point.

JP Friend Code
    99% FGO wank and 1% jokes is deepest lore. shrugemoji

BB's profile from CCC
    Although it was clear from the point that this was the chalice held by the Whore of Babylon - the personification of the Roman Empire - but this chalice has inverted Christ's words of "Do not pile up wealth on the land" and symbolizes the earthly wealth.

"I saw a single woman straddled on a red beast.
    That beast, whose whole body was covered with numerous names that blasphemed God, had seven heads and ten horns.
    "

According to the Revelation, this is the description of the beast of ruin that appeared in the Holy City and the woman that was straddled on said beast.
    A giant beast possessing seven heads as if the Hydra was said to appear from the sea and land on the Holy City.
    This beast and woman are one and the same, it is impossible to think about them detached from each other.

The woman is treated as one who brings forth all evils, it has been said that the imprudent and avaricious are unable to oppose her temptation and corrupted by this chalice.

This is a digression, but the Red Saber who call herself an Emperor has been regarded in the same light as this beast and antagonized by the laymen after her death.

Question.Besides the fact that it houses divine spirits and such, do we know of any differences between the throne of heroes and the throne of gods?Considering how divine spirits seem to fully retain their memories when they come down (as seen in case files from what i have seen, as well as Eresh's comments to Guda in Babylonia) and how divine spirits servants are considered superior to regular servants in combat, would it make any sense to assume that it is somehow superior in some way to the Throne of Heroes?

What does superior or inferior even mean???

US Friend Code
    I dont think we have any info about the difference between the two to make such a statement. Other then the place that gods go, their throne is not like the Throne of Heroes with its purpose of recording, sending, and protection and that it's more like a dimension that the gods went to purposefully. Like its basically heaven or heavens, the abode of gods while the Throne has very defined purpose in keeping the souls of heroes throughout all time or something like that. So I dont think the place the gods at is the Throne but better but rather kind of very different things
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    What does superior or inferior even mean???
    Higher on the totem pole somehow?

There is that statement that the Throne is close to the Root.

I was womdering if perhaps the Throne of gods could be closer than that for some reason

US Friend Code
    The Throne is connected to the Root since it goes out of it's way to take souls from its reincarnation process and that its outside space and time but that's it I think? I wouldn't think the gods would be that close to the Root outside like Monica and her Potina skill which comes from Goddesses also theirs the question on whether you can even gauge the distance of such a thing so v-v
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Question: Was it ever explained in the material books how EMIYA Alter's K&B twin bladed handguns came into fruition?

Is it a product of Alteration?

Can EMIYA and Shirou perform te same feat if they learned about it?

There was a line in the 4th Anniversary book about EMIYA turning Mordred's Clarent into handgun.

I thought Nasu stated that things like modern firearms are impossible to achieve via tracing?

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Cant make guns via projection, but it never said he cant make the parts and put them together with his gun expertise.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Cant make guns via projection, but it never said he cant make the parts and put them together with his gun expertise.
    Sounds impractical and tedious if that's the case.

Might as well not go about the whole "gun thing" at all.

"......"

Miscellaneous Info

"I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Obviously he's just projecting each part of the gun in the proper place at once
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    He’s obviously just projecting gun-shaped swords then projecting smaller, bullet-shaped swords out the front so he can pretend to be a gunman just like normal archer pretends to be a swordsman

Blog Entries
    I thought he was shooting his hair all along, but I guess that works too.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    I...I don't seem to follow.

This only made me more confuse!

"......"

Miscellaneous Info

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post

BB's profile from CCC
    Although it was clear from the point that this was the chalice held by the Whore of Babylon - the personification of the Roman Empire - but this chalice has inverted Christ's words of "Do not pile up wealth on the land" and symbolizes the earthly wealth.

"I saw a single woman straddled on a red beast.
    That beast, whose whole body was covered with numerous names that blasphemed God, had seven heads and ten horns.
    "

According to the Revelation, this is the description of the beast of ruin that appeared in the Holy City and the woman that was straddled on said beast.
    A giant beast possessing seven heads as if the Hydra was said to appear from the sea and land on the Holy City.
    This beast and woman are one and the same, it is impossible to think about them detached from each other.

The woman is treated as one who brings forth all evils, it has been said that the imprudent and avaricious are unable to oppose her temptation and corrupted by this chalice.

This is a digression, but the Red Saber who call herself an Emperor has been regarded in the same light as this beast and antagonized by the laymen after her death.
    Just so we're clear, are you seriously trying to say that Gawain calling Nero the Whore of Babylon is actual foreshadowing of her being the Whore of Babylon and not a joke?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Just so we're clear, are you seriously trying to say that Gawain calling Nero the Whore of Babylon is actual foreshadowing of her being the Whore of Babylon and not a joke?
    why not? Kinoko would do something like that.