Page 7291 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6291679171917241728172867289729072917292729372967301734173917791 ... LastLast
Results 145,801 to 145,820 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    jeanne walked out of the throne to be with her boy toy
    is the throne even existed when that happened.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't Gawain's deal that he reflect upon Camlann in the Throne and reached his stupid character-defining conclusion of "My king died because I had an opinion once, so from now on I should stop having opinions entirely"?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He could've just come to that conclusion immediate upon a summoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Wasn't Gawain's deal that he reflect upon Camlann in the Throne and reached his stupid character-defining conclusion of "My king died because I had an opinion once, so from now on I should stop having opinions entirely"?
    To be fair, that one time he had an opinion, it did royally screw things up. Easy to see where he was coming from, but of course, Gawain isn't really the thinking type, so his conclusion is still stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    In Link, Charlie said that he is a newbie in term of being a Heroic Spirit. I take it it's because of his situation with Karl during Link event, that he wasn't originally summoned separately with Karl. Charlie said that the normally-summoned Charles the Great would be mostly his historical self with a small part of his legend from the Song of Roland.

Will Altera and Hakuno's effort to give them both their own Spirit Origins cause the 'normal' Charles the Great unable to be summoned when the summoning occurs, and either Charlie or Karl appear instead? or will there be three separate Spirit Origins of Charles The Great?

Thank you in advance.

Considering it all happened in the Mooncell, in the point of view of the Throne Karl and Charuru would never have been summoned separately to begin with since the Mooncell uses its own records.
    If it did happen during a more regular Grail War I presume they would become separate existences. At least if someone used a Grail to create OC donut steel like with Cu Alter and Jeanne Alter.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Considering it all happened in the Mooncell, in the point of view of the Throne Karl and Charuru would never have been summoned separately to begin with since the Mooncell uses its own records.
    If it did happen during a more regular Grail War I presume they would become separate existences. At least if someone used a Grail to create OC donut steel like with Cu Alter and Jeanne Alter.
    So then Charlie's and Karl's Spirit Origins are exclusive for Moon Cell, and therefore won't be registered in the actual Throne, unless there are special circumstances.

Thanks.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; November 8th, 2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Correction

祖 Ancestor
    I believe the throne actually records the stuff in the Mooncell as well.
    Isn't that why we can summon Alter-Ego Kiara, and how the Tamamo 9 can appear even without Chaldea's summoning shenanigans?

The throne doesn't seem to like erasing records though, it just likes to keep parallel records, so I don't see the original fused Charles being unsummonable, just Charlie and Karl being summonable eventually in addition.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Isn't that why we can summon Alter-Ego Kiara, and how the Tamamo 9 can appear even without Chaldea's summoning shenanigans?

The throne doesn't seem to like erasing records though, it just likes to keep parallel records, so I don't see the original fused Charles being unsummonable, just Charlie and Karl being summonable eventually in addition.
    I see. Thanks.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post

Kiara is a saint graph record sent to Chaldea, not from the throne.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't it more like "normally you can't summon Karl and Charles separately, under normal circumstances you're always going to summon a mix of both"?

JP Friend Code
    Normally you get Karl with some bits of Charles mixed in as experiences and dreams. That's why he said Extella was his first debut and normally you get the old man.

Huh. I figured it would be a bit more balanced, what with how widespread the Matter of France is.

JP Friend Code
    Being imbalanced is why that's a big deal. Unlike other HS i.e Vlad and his dracula thing, Karl's historical facts are too great that he will always be the one to get summoned and if you ask him about Charles he'll brush that off as a dream, a pruned event or a fantasy created by bards. In truth, Charles is supposed to be a "what if" that Karl might have become should he chose a different choice in life.

So that makes Astolfo and Roland and the rest...what, exactly? Astolfo is clearly based on the Charlemagne Paladin version, and from what I know Roland is based mostly on his appearance in Orlando Furioso.

US Friend Code
    Astolfo really existed in some capacity, since he knew and remembered Karl finding the Velver ruins. The flashback shows him being there at the time. The Paladins seem to be a mix of fact and fiction like many other Servants.

JP Friend Code
    Yeah unlike Karl/Charles the paladins are more mixed. Astolfo himself is already mixed of 2 versions.

祖 Ancestor
    I wonder if Aigulf will ever get added in canon.
    I remember a good version in the create a servant thread but it'll still be a bit of a surprise to see them decide to add in an empty suit of armor.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Astolfo himself is already mixed of 2 versions.
    Two versions?

(I checked out of the Extraverse after the first game so forgive my ignorance.)
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Being imbalanced is why that's a big deal. Unlike other HS i.e Vlad and his dracula thing, Karl's historical facts are too great that he will always be the one to get summoned [...]
    ...As opposed to those notoriously fictional people Vlad III, Alexander the Great, Darius III, Erik Bloodaxe...