Page 7267 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6267676771677217725772627265726672677268726972727277731773677767 ... LastLast
Results 145,321 to 145,340 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Just a hat. But she indeed has 4 arms lol.
    That's accurate enough to Ganesha, so I'm cool. Ganesha, unlike some others, has never had more than one head, and always 4 arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The design is ugly, though, and I never found Jinako an interesting character in the first place. It boggles my mind they did that.

Both are tubby, though Ganesha certainly isn't lazy. He is a glutton though.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The design is ugly, though, and I never found Jinako an interesting character in the first place. It boggles my mind they did that.
    It kind of makes sense, I guess? If you're already set on having Jinako make an appearance, it would be fitting to have the psuedo be A)Hindu (because Karna) and B)fat (because that's the well they keep coming back to with Jinako). Ganesha is probably the most famous character who meets both criteria.

The actual design ends up being barely more serious than Jaguar Warrior's kigurumi, although I suppose it's nice that she actually gets extra arms. It kind of just looks like a bad cosplay beyond that, though - literally just a funny hat and big elephant boots. (IIRC she also does some Dumbo stuff in her animations, which makes the hat even more bizarre.)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so you didn't enjoy CCC?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    so you didn't enjoy CCC?
    Hm, that's fair. Let me amend my earlier statement, then: going entirely by second-hand accounts, Jinako never seemed like an interesting character to me.
    I still think the design is ugly. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    The actual design ends up being barely more serious than Jaguar Warrior's kigurumi, although I suppose it's nice that she actually gets extra arms. It kind of just looks like a bad cosplay beyond that, though - literally just a funny hat and big elephant boots. (IIRC she also does some Dumbo stuff in her animations, which makes the hat even more bizarre.)
    Yeah, basically this.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Focusing on the fact that Beowulf broke his swords shows understanding of the legend, if you ask me. Especially the Christian reading, funnily enough. I guess having him break the swords could be a Noble Phantasm itself, but that's way too gimmicky. Also he's not supposed to be using both at once at all, but eh.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have been nice to have Archer comment at some point that Hrunting is a perfectly fine sword as long as Beowulf isn't using it, or something.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    There is beauty to be find in gaudiness.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    But there's no beauty to be found in MemeCancer Ganesha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    So what is a normal person's ability level when put into Servant Parameters?
    I heard that E rank is equivalent to 10 people, but then I see Fujino whom I don't recall having much superhuman strength have E rank strength.
    Is it a boost from just being in a servant container at all?

Bedivere's servant profile from the materials says that his Silver arm boosts his Strength, Consitutution and Agility from "average human" to the level seen in his stat sheet.
    But even if we assume that his base stats in those parameters were E, getting those levels all to A, B and A+ respectively seems pretty huge.
    Arondight was a massive mana hog for just giving a plus one to everything when it was drawn out. For Bedivere I think the strain only happens when he tries to use the beam function from what I recall.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    So what is a normal person's ability level when put into Servant Parameters?
    I heard that E rank is equivalent to 10 people, but then I see Fujino whom I don't recall having much superhuman strength have E rank strength.
    Is it a boost from just being in a servant container at all?
    Boost from being in a Servant container probably
    The E = 10 people comes from Food's interpretation that a "normal value" means 1 person
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdoc
    For sake of argument, let’s assume that a normal value is 1. In that case, E would be 10. And, every rank after that adds another 10, all the way up to A, which is 50.
    It's probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Focusing on the fact that Beowulf broke his swords shows understanding of the legend, if you ask me. Especially the Christian reading, funnily enough. I guess having him break the swords could be a Noble Phantasm itself, but that's way too gimmicky. Also he's not supposed to be using both at once at all, but eh.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have been nice to have Archer comment at some point that Hrunting is a perfectly fine sword as long as Beowulf isn't using it, or something.
    Have we seen Archer use any weapons other than Kanshou and Bakuya for something other than ammunition for his bow? I think Ex Link had some animations with Gae Bolg or something, but I haven't played it yet.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

We know he HAS Hrunting, and I thought he used it in Fate once?

JP Friend Code
    He uses Caladbolg as a melee weapon against Shirou in UBW

Also Durandal
    and other weapons I guess
    Last edited by Hakuno; September 23rd, 2019 at 01:33 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    We know he HAS Hrunting, and I thought he used it in Fate once?
    He used it in HA. They were Tracking Projectiles that the longer he infused man's with the the stronger they got.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Boost from being in a Servant container probably
    The E = 10 people comes from Food's interpretation that a "normal value" means 1 person

It's probably not.
    Should probably switch it for the Fate/extra E=26 scale... Or was it 24?
    Last edited by madarra; September 23rd, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

Are mystic eye sealers likely to function with Ryougi? Even though she wouldn't need them of course.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Touko made some for her but she refused.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    He uses Hrunting quite a bit. That entire Archer fight in Hollow is built around dealing with it. It's also one of the stupidest fighting game moves ever concieved in F/UC.

The idea, I think, is that Archer uses Caladbolg and Hrunting, two swords known for famously failing, and uses them better than their original users did by just using them averagely. Maybe he felt sorry for them. With Hrunting it might not be exactly Beowulf's fault depending on how you interpret it though, with Naegling it was entirely Beowulf's fault - but then I guess Hrunting's themes and etymology make for a better arrow.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    He uses Hrunting quite a bit. That entire Archer fight in Hollow is built around dealing with it. It's also one of the stupidest fighting game moves ever concieved in F/UC.

The idea, I think, is that Archer uses Caladbolg and Hrunting, two swords known for famously failing, and uses them better than their original users did by just using them averagely. Maybe he felt sorry for them. With Hrunting it might not be exactly Beowulf's fault depending on how you interpret it though, with Naegling it was entirely Beowulf's fault - but then I guess Hrunting's themes and etymology make for a better arrow.
    How as Caladbolg famous for failing?

From what I can gather from a quick wikipedia search I don't see anything about the sword breaking or being too weak, thought it was Fergus himself that was inadequate.