Page 7234 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6234673471347184722472297232723372347235723672397244728473347734 ... LastLast
Results 144,661 to 144,680 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Which does kind of prop up the case, they probably shouldn't be there in the first place

But Servant format is too easy to use for a product, so anything goes tbh now

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Which does kind of prop up the case, they probably shouldn't be there in the first place
    Hey, preaching to the choir when it comes to Sasaki!

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Aren't Anastasia, Tamamo, and maybe Yu the only ones here who are actually Heroic Spirits? Not sure about Abby, she might be a HS or it might be cthulu fuckery.

MHX Alter is a joke character from a Star Wars Battle High School Anime parody, Parvati and Quetzalcoatl are gods shoved into human vessels, Fujino is weird I dont know hers and Ryougi's deals exactly but they're not Heroic Spirits that's for sure.
    For all intents and purposes HS qualification is synonymous with Servant qualification and so I elected for a more diverse to-the-point representation for every kind of shoehorned FGO bullshit (speaking of which, I forgot Moriarty), but by all means you can mentally sub in Sanson, Marie, Mata Hari, Blavatsky, Tesla, and a Japanese literal who of your choice instead.

I don't see the problem with any of those.

I can see it with Shiki and Fujino, but those are relevant enough to be Heroic Spirits. If Gilles de Rais can be one, all of those can too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post

But Servant format is too easy to use for a product, so anything goes tbh now
    Nasu probably had to alter his canon in order to shoehorn all that in.

To me, same thing as Ryougi in Extra. Just Miracle Summoning aka Taiga's thermos (probably)

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Fujino's profile says she was picked up by the Counter Force when the incineration of human history occurred as "war potential", so it seems like she's fine by the same token that Emiya is fine.

Both Shiki's on the other hand are more of a ???, but she has the pseudo-servant trait, so apparently she classifies by virtue of not actually being a heroic spirit and just acting as a container for some ambiguous unmentioned thing. Maybe something Root related since that's a big thing with the Saber version?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Aren't Anastasia, Tamamo, and maybe Yu the only ones here who are actually Heroic Spirits? Not sure about Abby, she might be a HS or it might be cthulu fuckery.

MHX Alter is a joke character from a Star Wars Battle High School Anime parody, Parvati and Quetzalcoatl are gods shoved into human vessels, Fujino is weird I dont know hers and Ryougi's deals exactly but they're not Heroic Spirits that's for sure.
    Fujino's summoned as part of the Counter Force to save the world and will supposedly disappear after that. Some people have tried to link this to a Kagetsu Tohya paragraph talking about how psychics as a whole are part of the Counter Force, but I dunno.

Ryougi, meanwhile, seems to be a psuedo-servant of herself created through her bullshit MEoDP powers? She's basically dreaming as she's burning to death in the incineration of human history or something along those lines, it's weird.

MHX Alter is basically Darth Vader, so even if you ignored the giant "~GAG COMEDY ZONE~" sign she'd probably be noteworthy enough to make it in? I dunno, she's in that weird Future Servant area where they're presumably well-known in the future but completely unknown today.

And Abigail is arguably less a case of summoning her than it is summoning Yog-Sothoth, so, well. She's got some notoriety from the Salem Witch Trials but IIRC wasn't a Heroic Spirit before being pumped full of that Lovecraft juice.

Consort Yu's also a weird one because IIRC she isn't actually a Heroic Spirit until after the end of LB3 (on account of being immortal, natch). I don't remember how she qualified, though, if that even came up.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean I see where you're coming from but seeing as how the mark of the beast has actually been connected to Nero (whether or not that connection holds up to modern day historical scrutiny is another matter) and nobody in the greater history of man has ever tried to link it to Ivan, I'd say it's your example that's "terrible"
    I'm pretty sure I can find someone claiming Ivan was the Antichrist if I look hard enough. That was my point.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Consort Yu's also a weird one because IIRC she isn't actually a Heroic Spirit until after the end of LB3 (on account of being immortal, natch). I don't remember how she qualified, though, if that even came up.
    She just decided to go there.

Like Benienma going back and forth to teach cooking.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can find someone claiming Ivan was the Antichrist if I look hard enough. That was my point.
    I don't think Ivan was a thing during the time Revelations was written. And the Grand Duchy of Moscow doesn't really strike me as a great enemy of Christianity.

so, i got into a small argument with someone just for mentioning that the lovecraft gods exist in the nasuverse and they got mad and said "those arent actually the same outer gods as the ones written by lovecraft and they arent nearly as powerful"

what is your take on both the topics of veracity and power?

They're basically like divine spirits but weirdo tbh.

Blog Entries
    I mean, if totally not Dante can make it...

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    so, i got into a small argument with someone just for mentioning that the lovecraft gods exist in the nasuverse and they got mad and said "those arent actually the same outer gods as the ones written by lovecraft and they arent nearly as powerful"

That's kind of funny because there isn't really a proper and definite canon in the Cthulhu mythos. Even Lovecraft left it intentionally vague and open for other writers to tackle it as they saw fit because well, that's how myths work, even fictional ones. Arguing about such things ends up being a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

My take is that including Lovecraft and the Foreigner class in the nasuverse is dumb. One of the dumbest things, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    My take is that including Lovecraft and the Foreigner class in the nasuverse is dumb. One of the dumbest things, in fact.
    One could argue that the Cthulhu mythos were devised in the first place to do stuff like that with them.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    One could argue that the Cthulhu mythos were devised in the first place to do stuff like that with them.
    Oh I don't think it's dumb for lore or thematic reasons, I just hate the mythos. Plus Nasu's inclusion of it is ugly.

It just doesn't really mesh. It's not really all that cool either.

US Friend Code
    WoW soured my opinion of Lovecraft stuff dramatically. Blizzard handles it so badly that it ruined it for me in every other franchise forever

- - - Updated - - -

Also Salem could have been a spooky, Halloween-y New England witches story but we got Lovevraft instead and I will never forgive

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    tfw mephisto did nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3