Page 6413 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 54135913631363636403640864116412641364146415641864236463651369137413 ... LastLast
Results 128,241 to 128,260 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoniMauuss View Post
    Are there any translations of Character Material 2? I can only find stuff for Character Material 1
    Not Character Material 2, "Complete Material II: Character Material"

https://www.amazon.com/Fate-Complete.../dp/1772940135

It's translated and for sale

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    how exactly can the combination of Baptism Rite and Right and Left Hand sublimate a servant, technically speaking?

I know Baptism is specially designed to combat spirits although not the level of Servant
    I know Left Right Hand is a 1) magical skeleton key that can connect to magical foundations and magical circuits and manipulate them and 2) have both variant of mind's eye.

so I know the profile said the Mind's Eye the one strenghtening his Baptism, but how exactly?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know he was able to use it to nuke Dracula because holy stuff is super effective against vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    yeah for that one its a given, but his profile said it could also works on Servants, not specifically darnicula kind of servants so im wondering the exact mechanism of that

He's talking about how it's stated that linking the baptism chant with his two NPs allows him to sublimate a servant. So basically, what do the hands add to it, and how?

- - - Updated - - -

woops sniped
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he hacks into the summoning ritual to unsummon them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

dont forget that church stuff is SUPER EFFECTIVE when 2 christians are involved like Shirou and Vlad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    dont forget that church stuff is SUPER EFFECTIVE when 2 christians are involved like Shirou and Vlad
    you miss the point

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    yeah for that one its a given, but his profile said it could also works on Servants, not specifically darnicula kind of servants so im wondering the exact mechanism of that
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    He's talking about how it's stated that linking the baptism chant with his two NPs allows him to sublimate a servant. So basically, what do the hands add to it, and how?

- - - Updated - - -

woops sniped
    yeah p much this

like how is 2 variant of a skill to avoid danger makes of a stronger sacrament basically

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    you miss the point

- - - Updated - - -

yeah p much this

like how is 2 variant of a skill to avoid danger makes of a stronger sacrament basically
    I don't think the focus should be on Eye of the Mind but the other abilities. Maybe because the Baptism Rite is a form of miracle, the arms are strengthening that miracle with Amakusa's own feats of miracles? Or maybe that instead of being able to use any magecraft, since the Baptism Rite is a magecraft he already possesses, the arms strengthens them instead? These are just speculations since I don't think what you're asking for is clearly stated anywhere.

Blog Entries
    the profile seems to be saying its the mind's eye that makes it happens, swhich was what makes me go ??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa profile
    Also, his right arm activates an ability similar to the skill “Eye of the Mind (True)” and his left arm activates an ability similar to “Eye of the Mind (False)”, which together strengthens his Baptism Rite.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I don't think its spelled out, but how things are worded, I think you're supposed to get this impression that between one hand having an innate ability and one hand having an earned ability, together they are able to cover both paradigms and conjure a something of a minor miracle that includes the fact that the Baptism Rite isn't supposed to work on Servants, but it does now.

Like, he's a redpill in the Matrix, and although he has never been in a fist fight in his life, his arms allow him to get the Kung Fu program that is downloaded into his mind. But say he already knew martial arts to begin with, that knowledge would instead be additional material to what he already has. So this guy who was never a mage in life and had no natural aptitude for it can become a college graduate mage, but a guy who was already educated in religion and had natural aptitude in it gets boosted up to PhD.

Blog Entries
    so not so much the danger avoidance part, but more talent + effort + miracle! kinda thing, conceptually imposed on the Baptism Rite or smtg

hmm it makes sense in a way, but it feels p vague and iffy for me lol

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Its a kind of common religious motif to attribute things to the hands, right hand of god left hand of the devil, that sort of thing. I sort of got the impression from Amakusa that for him its supposed to be like "from this hand is the miracles that are attributed to me" and "from this hand are the things I actually did" and together they make up his Heroic Spirit-ness, while also playing with the duality of being sort of a religious figure and sort of not.

But don't quote me on that, we could get something that's like, lol no its just this, you're totally off.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Its a kind of common religious motif to attribute things to the hands, right hand of god left hand of the devil, that sort of thing. I sort of got the impression from Amakusa that for him its supposed to be like "from this hand is the miracles that are attributed to me" and "from this hand are the things I actually did" and together they make up his Heroic Spirit-ness, while also playing with the duality of being sort of a religious figure and sort of not.

But don't quote me on that, we could get something that's like, lol no its just this, you're totally off.
    I'll quote you anyways because I think it is the most sound reasoning based on what's already given that people can get behind. Even if the answer comes out to be something different, then so be it. But who knows how long until then?

Blog Entries
    I need help from someone who can read Japanese, I'm just curious what does it said, especially the last line.

Fate Grand Order Material I, about EMIYA and Extra Nameless.

Spoiler:

Though FSN and Extra Emiya are the same people, their backgrounds are different because of the divergence in their respective timelines during the 1970s. Nothing new, really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Though FSN and Extra Emiya are the same people, their backgrounds are different because of the divergence in their respective timelines during the 1970s. Nothing new, really.
    The fact that they come from two different timelines is new to me, do you know where is it mention before?

Uh, the Fate/Extra game lol?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the profile seems to be saying its the mind's eye that makes it happens, swhich was what makes me go ??? lol
    同時に右腕はスキル「心眼(真)」、左腕は「心眼(偽)」に類似した能力を発動させ、洗礼詠唱 を強化する。
    meh
    inno it sounds more like to me what is giving him eye of the mind (true) (fake) and eye of the mind (fake) (fake) also strengthens his baptismal sacrament.
    and what gives him those two is probably more or less along the lines of what arashi is saying
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

マリーの味方
    Would nobility/royalty of later centuries, say 17th or 18th century, know of the existence of magi? Would there still be some general overlap between the two groups?