Page 6263 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 52635763616362136253625862616262626362646265626862736313636367637263 ... LastLast
Results 125,241 to 125,260 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    He also references rin being his master when you fight her.
    yeah, so itns it how it went in Extra's Shirou's war?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    yeah, so itns it how it went in Extra's Shirou's war?
    In the sense that it's just archer, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Anyway, are you sure about that? All it says in his character relationship page on the wiki is that he says she has nothing to do with him whatsoever, and he's never been contracted with her or anything, but he's got a strange feeling they must be connected somehow.

Blog Entries
    TBF i am remembering from a scene I read years ago and all, but I don't remember a lot of hedging.

it was something like "wow, lancer me and rin, look at us all here fighting again, how nalstalgic. Well whatever, this time I am your servant, so let's kick her ass"

like, I don't remember the exact details, but archer drew a line that the primary difference between this time and the last time was this go around was he was hakuno's servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Well, I haven't posted here in forever! I was playing english FGO and I'm afraid there's a few things I don't get. I thought the whole world except Chaldea had been incinerated, but at the beggining of Orleans, Roman writes to an internet idol. Is it a bot? Do I just not know how internet works? Is it a joke I shouldn't take seriously?

Also, Jeanne says she can't access the Throne's records, but she somehow knows Marie Antoinette. Did I misunderstand what that meant?

Sorry for my usual noobness, I stopped following Fate for a while and I probably forgot some lore elements.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Don't step on the Saber, wild squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Open your mind. There are many paths in front of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    "I was under the influence of having a gun to shoot somebody."

Blog Entries
    The short answer is yes she's a bot, and the long answer is she's
    Spoiler:
    Merlin

From what was described in Extra, the spells she used are physical phenomena realized using her own body. Maybe because they are "physical phenomena" -> MR can't block or something. If you go by the hint where she said she can create 1 million familiars from her tails, it's kinda like Sun Wukong using his hair to create his clones. But for real, we don't know how it works exactly.

It seems to be a mix of Onmyoudou and Dakini magic being used by the goddess of witchcraft Kurukulla in Buddhism. The goddess appears as a 16 years old booby teenage girl (sounds familiar) and her magic's effects are quite similar to what described in Tamamo's witchcraft, which also involves some yoga shenanigans: http://vajranatha.com/teaching/Kurukulla.htm

If you go by nasuverse term, I think that magic uses Buddhism as foundation, maybe like the Church's Holy Sacraments. But then you have the miko dances and ofuda spams. Those are from Onmyoudou, which has teachings base on both science and occult stuffs and even feng shui. Her goddess form design is a mix of Japanese and Indian mythology (stated in Extra mats) so my guess is that Nasu mixed 2 magic foundations into 1 and it became something that doesn't work like normal magecraft, ended up making MR confused and fail to block.
    Yeah tamamo is a weird mix of 3 different cultures (I know that according to the myth she was a terror to at least china, I forget if she was a terror to india)
    It is very interestesting, I mean mana is typically used in the forumla to 'actualize' the magecraft which uses gaia's foundations which makes me wonder how witchcraft works in nasu, as it uses stuff in the body which makes me wonder if you could just train any random normie for like a decade in it to use it, which would be hilarious now that I think about it.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Blog Entries
    The answer is no, you will never ever be magic without circuits. Nasu doesn't want life to be fair and Shinji is never allowed to win.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; June 26th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    Yeah tamamo is a weird mix of 3 different cultures (I know that according to the myth she was a terror to at least china, I forget if she was a terror to india)
    In India she seduced Kalmashapada - the cannibal king cursed to turn into a raksasa who ate Shakti and his 99 brothers for revenge in Mahabharata iirc. I've seen a few different versions of this story tho, in a version she is the one being responsible for his cannibalistic curse and even fed him human flesh, but in other version she just charmed him so he killed 1000 men.

It is very interestesting, I mean mana is typically used in the forumla to 'actualize' the magecraft which uses gaia's foundations which makes me wonder how witchcraft works in nasu, as it uses stuff in the body which makes me wonder if you could just train any random normie for like a decade in it to use it, which would be hilarious now that I think about it.
    You will still need circuits regardless. And the curses also cost mana along with either her ofuda (the attacking moves) or some poses and gestures (aphotic cave).

In India she seduced Kalmashapada - the cannibal king cursed to turn into a raksasa who ate Shakti and his 99 brothers for revenge in Mahabharata iirc. I've seen a few different versions of this story tho, in a version she is the one being responsible for his cannibalistic curse and even fed him human flesh, but in other version she just charmed him so he killed 1000 men.

You will still need circuits regardless. And the curses also cost mana along with either her ofuda (the attacking moves) or some poses and gestures (aphotic cave).
    If it needs circuits wouldn't it ping under magecraft? I mean we still don't know what the deal with qi is or if it needs circuits.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Blog Entries
    magecraft is the general term

jujutsu is just a branch of it, like kabbalah or rune magecraft and the likes

magecraft is the general term

jujutsu is just a branch of it, like kabbalah or rune magecraft and the likes
    I know but than it should ping under MR but it does not.

Blog Entries
    why cant it be a special-magecraft, special that MR doesnt react but magecraft in that its still magecraft

i mean if it runs on magical energy, then its magecraft

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's not every kind of Witchcraft which bypasses Magic Resistance, it's specifically Tamamo's Witchcraft which does so.
    She's not even the only Servant who breaks the rules in some fashion. Runes supposedly have a hard time affecting external targets unless they're directly inscribed on them, but then we have Caster!Cú Chulainn burning Lancer!Medusa with Ansuz fireballs, for instance.

why cant it be a special-magecraft, special that MR doesnt react but magecraft in that its still magecraft

i mean if it runs on magical energy, then its magecraft
    True that is probably the best solution via occam razor, actually it probably is true as mephisto has it as a skill as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's not every kind of Witchcraft which bypasses Magic Resistance, it's specifically Tamamo's Witchcraft which does so.
    She's not even the only Servant who breaks the rules in some fashion. Runes supposedly have a hard time affecting external targets unless they're directly inscribed on them, but then we have Caster!Cú Chulainn burning Lancer!Medusa with Ansuz fireballs, for instance.
    I wonder if First Order booklet even touch on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't know if it does, but personally, I just file it under "hot damn, Heroic Spirits be OP!".

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    True that is probably the best solution via occam razor, actually it probably is true as mephisto has it as a skill as well.
    Mephisto's version is different tho, they are western curses and thus follow different magic foundation.

Mephisto's version is different tho, they are western curses and thus follow different magic foundation.
    Yeah but they are condensed under the same skill, hence why I now reason they are probably just a wacky version of magecraft that can bypass MR.

Blog Entries
    or maybe tamamo is just special that way and her Curse is tamamortified