Page 7091 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6091659169917041708170867089709070917092709370967101714171917591 ... LastLast
Results 141,801 to 141,820 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Honestly, and throw insults towards me all you like if I deserve it, but you do tend to (seemingly) lose composure when other posters don't straight away accept what you're saying.

Now, imo, Deathhappens was just as wrong (if not more) in this discussion, but its not like he's solely to blame

- - - Updated - - -

As for you fishrin, I'm not sure what the point is in asking for clarification on the fgo part 1 story, getting corrections on some gaps or falsities, and then writing them off as "Semantics"

how about you both take one of castors banana's
    I can definitely agree with the first part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Well we know that absorption is a water thing from various Matou things, and also because of Melt so.
    Sakura can use absorption with her imaginary numbers though.
    Attributes are supposed to be adjectives to an element's noun. So any element should be able to use a type of absorption. The Matou magecraft just happens to use Water absorption.
    Although as with everything there's probably going to be exceptions somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    i forgot, how does it work again when your magic is your personal magic wo anyparticular school
    Even reality marbles are based on the world egg theory.
    Nigel did make his own foundation but he made it have babies with alchemy.
    I'm not sure that you can have "personal magecraft" unless it's just throwing magical energy or dying something in magical energy to make a floating book or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    We reached an amicable agree to disagree moment or is this a start tossing write ups to everyone involved kind of moment?cause I don’t really like any part of these conversations because nobody looks very pretty right now
    Everyone looks much prettier after a beer or three though!

Anyway, I apologise if it seemed like I was disregarding your answer, Mizukume. I even said I thanked you for your effort, though I suspect you took that as sarcasm. But the plain truth is you were not answering the questions I asked. Mcjon, Pine, and Weeblord did. (Which I should also have thanked you guys for, I forgot). You got really hostile (as you tend to do) for basically no reason.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; February 20th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Rin realizes that the attacks are not from the black shadow, but a magic Sakura possesses. That magic of Matou is to bind others. But Sakura is originally from the Tohsaka familya shadow-user with an origin of the imaginary element, the imaginary number. Matou Sakura is able to embody the black shadow to that degree because she has both of those attributes!
    So what’s the deal with this? Is it the capital O origin or just paraphrasing what You said?
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

It's capital O origin, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    i forgot, how does it work again when your magic is your personal magic wo anyparticular school
    Even reality marbles are based on the world egg theory.
    Nigel did make his own foundation but he made it have babies with alchemy.
    I'm not sure that you can have "personal magecraft" unless it's just throwing magical energy or dying something in magical energy to make a floating book or w/e.
    I think he might be referring to this?

Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    Additionally, this effect differs with magic foundations that are neither academia nor religion, but are instead exclusively inherited from person to person, such as in oral tradition or clan teachings. As long as the rules of those foundations are met, it is possible to exhibit the same basic effect irrespective of geographic location.

Blog Entries
    Death I’m really frustrated by the fact that I started reading your post and it seemed to be burying the hachet and the last part appeared to be a passive aggressive little dig in apparent attempt to get under his skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    So what’s the deal with this? Is it the capital O origin or just paraphrasing what You said?
    She is a shadow user. Her shadow is the medium, Imaginary Numbers is the means by which the medium is expressed.
    Now how absorption/binding works with all that sometimes seems complicated. Like, it seems she can hp/mp drain ala Omega Red by fashioning her shadow as a spear like tendril or just use it as a draining carpet by expanding the shadow that looks at her feet outwards, if she doesn't open a void and take people out or incase them that way.

The holodeck stuff inside the void I can't explain. Maybe the grail, maybe not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    it's origin as in the soul magnet.
    Sakura's like shirou in that her origin and her element are the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post

The holodeck stuff inside the void I can't explain.
    That's typical imaginary numbers stuff.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Huh. But if that's the case, aren't Imaginary Numbers users like getting on Washu level to just create another dimension with alternative time flow and just make whatever you want occur.

For researchers like magi, people who can just make what amounts to a simulation machine should be useful. Because most bounded barriers don't seem to do that unless you're like Medea and you said it's just part of the what you get from the start, not a learned ability.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Death I’m really frustrated by the fact that I started reading your post and it seemed to be burying the hachet and the last part appeared to be a passive aggressive little dig in apparent attempt to get under his skin.
    I did try to make a reconciliatory effort, but let there be no mistake: I neither started nor perpetuated a war, so I have no hatchet to bury. All I did was clarify my stance in things. I do think Mizu has a bad habit of going off on people and I do believe they need to be made aware of it. It's not a dig, it's advice.That said, edited.double EDIT: Heck, I'll accept the blame for responding badly. I shouldn't have done that. But that's that, and this's this.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; February 20th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Huh. But if that's the case, aren't Imaginary Numbers users like getting on Washu level to just create another dimension with alternative time flow and just make whatever you want occur.

For researchers like magi, people who can just make what amounts to a simulation machine should be useful. Because most bounded barriers don't seem to do that unless you're like Medea and you said it's just part of the what you get from the start, not a learned ability.
    I mean I doubt that a normal Magus could do things on the scale of Darkura since they wouldn't be running on Grail Steroids.

Blog Entries
    I mean I doubt that a normal Magus could do things on the scale of Darkura since they wouldn't be running on Grail Steroids.
    No I get that, but You said it was typical. And unlike having a metric like Shirou does for his abilities, we only know 1000 magical energy are used for 1 Shadow Giant (Grande sized).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The scale is different, but the principle is the same.
    Someone like BB is doing to same thing as Sakura while making a gigantic labyrinth
    Whereas say Lev makes a tiny pocket to squirrel away some equipment.

The creation of a pocket dimension is considered basic for those with imaginary numbers. That dimension, because it's imaginary number space, being unaffected by time and space is just a byproduct of the element.

Blog Entries
    Sounds about right then, but as usual, I only get more questions than answers.

Are people born with this only allowed a certain amount of space, or can that be overcome by donating more magical energy.
    But what you said implies (correct me if I am wrong) that it's not just the size, but also the application of this space that differs between users.
    BB probably isn't a good example to use given she sets her own parameters. Lev was a better one, since that sounds like what I originally heard it was for, storage and archiving. Sakura is all over the place, given you have examples of people being put inside (Rin in Femme Fatale or Hollow, and Rider, and I guess Shirou walking for hours in that space in one bad end), and moving via using the space as the entry and exit of a transport ability.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sounds about right then, but as usual, I only get more questions than answers.

Are people born with this only allowed a certain amount of space, or can that be overcome by donating more magical energy.
    But what you said implies (correct me if I am wrong) that it's not just the size, but also the application of this space that differs between users.
    BB probably isn't a good example to use given she sets her own parameters. Lev was a better one, since that sounds like what I originally heard it was for, storage and archiving. Sakura is all over the place, given you have examples of people being put inside (Rin in Femme Fatale or Hollow, and Rider, and I guess Shirou walking for hours in that space in one bad end), and moving via using the space as the entry and exit of a transport ability.
    Well, imaginary number space is dimensionless. The actual dimension is limitless, but the hole that you can make or how much you can control probably depends on your magical energy,
    As for the moving via the imaginary number space, that's talked about in Cosmos in the Lostbelt.
    Holmes:

Indeed. Originally, there should be no objects existing within Imaginary Numbers space, other than things with the Imaginary Numbers trait. However, there is an exception.

That would be us, who are aboard the Paper Moon-equipped Imaginary Numbers Submarine, the Shadow Border.

In other words---

Mashu:

It’s an existence that can undergo an Imaginary Numbers dive, just like we are…?
    oh yeah the time temple is imaginary number space too
    Last edited by You; February 20th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    What about Tiamat? Wasn't she sealed in Imaginary Numbers' space?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    What about Tiamat? Wasn't she sealed in Imaginary Numbers' space?
    YupPretty insane that in 2010 we knew nothing about imaginary numbersand now almost a decade later we know a lot lot more

So does it ever state what happens to the reverse in timelines like Tsuki no Sango or Notes?

JP Friend Code
    I did try to make a reconciliatory effort, but let there be no mistake: I neither started nor perpetuated a war, so I have no hatchet to bury. All I did was clarify my stance in things. I do think Mizu has a bad habit of going off on people and I do believe they need to be made aware of it. It's not a dig, it's advice.That said, edited.double EDIT: Heck, I'll accept the blame for responding badly. I shouldn't have done that. But that's that, and this's this.
    I never go off on people for no reason, it is only when their replies, to my impression contain passive aggressive arrogance, just like Tobias said. On the internet there is no way to tell the full intention of the person compare to when you actually speak to others in person. Just yesterday one guy on reddit went into my translation topic about Andersen evaluating Extra servants asking for Gil's scene when I literally already stated at the beginning of the topic that it was already translated before thus I won't repost. I went off on the guy for not reading before asking, due to them adding "you forgot Gil". He might not have meant to say "hey dude you forgot Gil existed", but I have no way to know and I thought he was being an ass with that sort of reply. Wording is important, one particular word or phrase can give different impressions. Only later on I apologized for going off on him.

I do get aggressive, I said this multiple times b4, there's no need to "make me aware", I don't need your favor so put that back in your pocket. Even right now as you "apologize", I see no sincere from it but yet another attempt to shift the blame. Maybe I'm wrong and you are actually being sincere when you wrote those words, which I would definitely apologize for my misunderstanding if I knew it to be the case for sure. But again, this is the internet, there is no way to tell and I have no reason to trust that everyone is actually being nice.

Let this be the last post on the matter.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; February 20th, 2019 at 11:54 PM.