Page 6844 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 58446344674467946834683968426843684468456846684968546894694473447844 ... LastLast
Results 136,861 to 136,880 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Find out in chapter 5

Blog Entries
    knowing 'how they work' doesn't gain you anything.
    Last edited by Dullahan; August 8th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RAFO
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    More accurarely I'm still stuck trying to understand where Nasu draws the line between parallel worlds and alternate timelines, and the Lostbelts are the sticking point because they're both yet they somehow coexist on the same planet like a chronospatial spaghetti bowl.

E:
    Up to Extella it was relatively clear, all the different VN routes/alternate timelines were on paralell worlds. Tsukihime and KnK and Extra were also different "series" of parallel worlds, with much more pronounced differences between them. So far so good. But then Extella introduced the concept of Quantum Time Locks that somehow "choose" some parallel worlds to continue existing and somehow unexist all the rest (and it's not that they, whoever "they" are, stop observing them, they literally prune them somehow). Which should require infinite energy and infinite time, but whatever, Moon Cell stronk. Then CitL happens and as I said shit goes sideways.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 8th, 2018 at 01:12 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    More accurarely I'm still stuck trying to understand where Nasu draws the line between parallel worlds and alternate timelines, and the Lostbelts are the sticking point because they're both yet they somehow coexist on the same planet like a chronospatial spaghetti bowl.

E:
    Up to Extella it was relatively clear, all the different VN routes/alternate timelines were on paralell worlds. Tsukihime and KnK and Extra were also different "series" of parallel worlds, with much more pronounced differences between them. So far so good. But then Extella introduced the concept of Quantum Time Locks that somehow "choose" some parallel worlds to continue existing and somehow unexist all the rest (and it's not that they, whoever "they" are, stop observing them, they literally prune them somehow). Which should require infinite energy and infinite time, but whatever, Moon Cell stronk. Then CitL happens and as I said shit goes sideways.
    The moon cell doesn't control QTLs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also VN routes were never said to be parallel worlds and were explicitly denied to be such in FSN's case.

E:
    This is completely backwards to how it actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    The moon cell doesn't control QTLs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also VN routes were never said to be parallel worlds and were explicitly denied to be such in FSN's case.
    What are they then?

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    This is completely backwards to how it actually works.
    Do explain if you have a better model.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Well your first mistake is thinking the the mooncell does anything other than recording in regards to the past

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    What are they then?
    Possibilities.

Literally explained that pruning occurs to conserve energy.

The universe expends energy to keep any timeline/world going.
    Some worlds aren't worth to keep sustained because the universe only holds a finite amount of energy.
    Whatever observer culls the timeline, which frees up the energy allocated to that timeline/world.

Ergo, pruning is a means of observing energy, and is done by cutting the flow of energy to a timeline/world, not spending it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    It's more muddled than that
    Q: Are the three routes of Fate/stay night parallel worlds existing at the same time? I was curious about how it would look to Zelretch.
    A: They're parallel... sort of. But if Zelretch was observing, it'd become true, and my feelings on the matter is that I'd rather two routes disappear if one was true.
    If all of these became possible at the same time, the other routes would become meaningless.
    but you know with this answer HF would be the true route because Zelretch came running.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Basically, all three of them could take place, but only one does take place because otherwise all the choices in the story would be rendered meaningless.
    (I choose to ignore how, from a thematic standpoint, Heaven's Feel should be the definitive route just because UBW is clearly the best of all three.)

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FSN routes exist as a quantum superposition where they are all true at the same time until observed by
    the reader
    Zelretch

US Friend Code
    Schrödinger's Shirou?

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    The universe expends energy to keep any timeline/world going.
    Some worlds aren't worth to keep sustained because the universe only holds a finite amount of energy.
    Whatever observer culls the timeline, which frees up the energy allocated to that timeline/world.

Ergo, pruning is a means of observing energy, and is done by cutting the flow of energy to a timeline/world, not spending it.
    That's a new one, but it does makes sense. Is it explained why the universe (or rather multiverse, since it contains multiple universes) has to expend energy for them to exist? Are we breaking the first law of thermodynamics? Or is it one of those "don't think about it too hard" things?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Possibilities.

Literally explained that pruning occurs to conserve energy.
    Literally the first time anyone's brought that up to me, but okay.

We don't actually know who decides or how, do we? And it's clearly not the Moon Cell either.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Essentially what nasu is trying to say is whatever route you like is the real one. But you shouldn’t console yourself about whatever was lost along the way with the other routes.

So hypodthocally of someone’s favorite heroine was saber, and so wanted fate rout to be true, it would be.

however that same person shouldn’t, in nasu’s view, say well it’s fine that sakura wasn’t helped in fate since she was in HF, because HF never happens so sakura was never saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    It's more muddled than that

but you know with this answer HF would be the true route because Zelretch came running.
    I wonder, that answer reminds me of what Zelretch said in Strange/Fake about not wanting to mess about too much with the Kaleidoscope because then he'd lock the world into one possible future or... whatever it was, I don't remember the exact quote.

Does he forcibly trim the tree of time or something? I guess it's probably just a quantum superposition observer effect reference, but huh.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Essentially what nasu is trying to say is whatever route you like is the real one. But you shouldn’t console yourself about whatever was lost along the way with the other routes.

So hypodthocally of someone’s favorite heroine was saber, and so wanted fate rout to be true, it would be.

however that same person shouldn’t, in nasu’s view, say well it’s fine that sakura wasn’t helped in fate since she was in HF, because HF never happens so sakura was never saved.
    Did Nasu also say that there were multiple other possibilities not covered by FSN? I thought he did, and I really hope that's the case because then hypothetically, there'd be a possible mixed UBW x HF scenario, which I'd really want.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Literally the first time anyone's brought that up to me, but okay.
    Play game. Get info.