Page 7262 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6262676271627212725272577260726172627263726472677272731273627762 ... LastLast
Results 145,221 to 145,240 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I have some questions about the Servant summoning and catalyst.

How much of a catalyst you need to summon a Servant? for example Waver have a part of the mantle of Iskander, but can he actually, we say, cut the mantle in two, so you could have two catalyst?

The object used as a catalyst for summoning is something that ACTUALLY was in posesion of the hero in question or can be something that only has to be with it or their legend. For example I remember that Flat used a prize Jack the Ripper knife to summon an aspect of Jack the Ripper, but for starters Jack is a special existance so I was wondering if, we say, you want to summon Ardensen, it would be enough with buy a book of The Snow Queen in a bookstore or you would need a original manuscript?

Or is this something that only a unregular magi like Flat can do? he could summon Saber Lilly using a DVD of Disney The Sword in the Stone? I suppose not

Oh, but if is only something that have relation with the Servant you want to summon is possible for a normal magi, for example if Sisigou will use Add as a catalyst without aim for a specific one he would summon Mordred for being someone related to the calalyst?
    Last edited by ballinamon; September 15th, 2019 at 06:20 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    That is actually the stupidest part, because it means he was on some sort of a streak where he hopped multiple universes with his single self, and beat up multiple different Types.
    Or judging by his talk in SF about confirming timelines, actions taken by him become a timelock across the tree of time.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    I completed Extra just recently and I still have no idea what this ''brain of the planet'' is?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    I completed Extra just recently and I still have no idea what this ''brain of the planet'' is?
    Yeah you need Archetype's story in Actress Again or Tsuki no Sango for that info.
    It has nothing to do with vanilla Extra.
    Kiara's goal in the CCC event was to get to the center of the planet and become the new Brain (in her case erogenous zone) of the planet.
    Passionlip
    No, it’s much worse! SE.RA.PH has penetrated through the bottom of the Mariana Trench!

As a digital body, SE.RA.PH won’t stop sinking even after hitting the ocean bottom!

Tristan
    …! Then, this abnormal sound from outside is—

Passionlip
    Yes! SE.RA.PH will now fall through the continental crust, upper and lower mantles, and the D” layer until it finally reaches the Earth’s inner core!

When that happens, Beast III will ascend to the status of being the brain of the Earth itself—and become this planet’s, e-err, erogenous zone!
    Last edited by You; September 15th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah You, what about that Narita interview w/ Flat? I had wanted to hear it in detail but then the topic changed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh yeah forgot about that sorry
    This is the first time you've written about Flat's circumstances isn't it?

Flat was born from the expansion of my wild idea of "what would happen in Zero if Waver was actually a really great magus?" The concept is "the complete opposite to El-Melloi II but takes the same actions." In the future we'll focus on the story of "what is Flat?" The Escardos family is an ancient lineage that has continued for 2000 years; its founder is magus acquainted with Zelretch and Van-Fem. Though the thought was "If we let these magic circuits mature for 2000 years then it's possible!" to accomplish "something," as mystery waned their memory waned as well. And when they all completely forgot, the worst possible moment, Flat activated. I think if he had not joined the El-Melloi II's classroom, subordinating himself under the magecraft association the World itself would have eliminated him. "What does Flat see with his eyes" has been frequently shown so careful readers may know what it is. Flat, after seeing that, what is he, what does he want is his theme.
    TMace vol 12 pg102
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

on that note, do you guys remember illya yelling about Rin almost turning a "world" or a "timeline" into a "terminal" in the FHA translation?

wouldnt that be the earliest refference to quantum timelocks?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

TMace vol 12 pg102
    Hey, at least he'd have Scathach for company (I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Yeah you need Archetype's story in Actress Again or Tsuki no Sango for that info.
    It has nothing to do with vanilla Extra.
    Kiara's goal in the CCC event was to get to the center of the planet and become the new Brain (in her case erogenous zone) of the planet.
    wouldnt Goetia's plan succeding have pretty much made him the brain of the planet too?

JP Friend Code

TMace vol 12 pg102
    Thank you!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    wouldnt Goetia's plan succeding have pretty much made him the brain of the planet too?
    Is remaking the world = becoming the planet's brain by sinking? I don't think they're exactly the same, but who knows?

So what does Flat see with his eyes?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Is remaking the world = becoming the planet's brain by sinking? I don't think they're exactly the same, but who knows?
    He's not remaking the world, he's remaking the planet from scratch by going back to the very moment of its birth and take control, becoming the planet itself. It's a safe bet to assume that would turn him into the brain.

Is there a material that mentions what happens to Zouken in Fate and UBWs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falseCeilings View Post
    So what does Flat see with his eyes?
    If I remember correctly Strange Fake implies he has some amount of Clairvoyance. Which would make sense considering how he juggles with a lot of information for his spellcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden of Avalon
    Clairvoyance – the ability of the eyes to remain in one place while seeing through to another. Since ancient times, greater beings had left the earth in the care of shamans who utilised this power to safeguard the lives of men. Even the greatest of Magi – holding the thickest of Magic Circuits and capable of conducting the most powerful of rituals – would not be considered an epitome of Thaumaturgy without this ‘sight.’

Merlin possessed such eyes with which to see through the world. He was born with a sense of sight that allowed him to perceive any and all things in existence within his era, down to the smallest of details, without needing to take a single step.

Some Magi older than him even possessed eyes which could perceive into the past, or the future. Of course, they were also considered at the zenith – but the only living Magus who possessed clairvoyance was Merlin. The previous holders had brought annihilation to their own realm and disappeared from the world of men.

To ‘know’ is simultaneously the lowest and the greatest accomplishment of Thaumaturgy; thus, those Magi born in possession of clairvoyance had at the same time reached the truth of the world – becoming heretics of humanity itself who never managed to gain their philosophies and perspectives.
    Last part seems to fit oddly, doesn't it?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Garden of Avalon
    Some Magi older than him even possessed eyes which could perceive into the past, or the future. Of course, they were also considered at the zenith – but the only living Magus who possessed clairvoyance was Merlin. The previous holders had brought annihilation to their own realm and disappeared from the world of men.
    Hmm...guess that puts the kibosh on Taliesin appearing as a Servant in the future. T_T
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    on that note, do you guys remember illya yelling about Rin almost turning a "world" or a "timeline" into a "terminal" in the FHA translation?

wouldnt that be the earliest refference to quantum timelocks?

so, no takes on this?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pretty sure it was a singularity

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    When was the last time Nasu said anything about DDD?

Blog Entries
    When he stuttered describing arc’s bust size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.