Page 7174 of 7284 FirstFirst ... 617466747074712471647169717271737174717571767179718472247274 ... LastLast
Results 143,461 to 143,480 of 145674

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I'm not You, or as cool, but I expect the trees and their growth to work based on their point of origin, in the same vein that the older the tree the more rings it has. The more rings, the older it is, and hence the more it has grown in size, meaning the scope of their influence (the galaxies/ supercluster stuff) grows with the trees growth, however this probably has an upper limit.

The pruning phenomena seems to be to cull or split apart branches that hinder the further growth of the tree, taking away resources from it, like a real tree loses its leaves/branches to survive. Lets simply call it energy for convenience sake.

Though I feel like humanity's and potentially other alien species' universe of awareness is important here too, but I guess we'll see
    You're plenty cool Uncle Zurv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    You're plenty cool Uncle Zurv.
    You

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    That sounds pretty good. I do wonder what the actual upper limit is, because the largest known structure we knew atm of the universe is a supercluster, which I guess should be the limit of humanity's influence atm. What would happen if humanity's awareness goes beyond that? Would the scope of puning and how humanity's survival expand to? And yeah alien species with sentience should also be considered as well.
    To add onto this, it may be that the trees grow larger when different species interact with one another, like say the aliens that made Sefar, or the Gods known to humanity. This could perhaps be linked to Lostbelt Depth, since Lostbelt 1 and 3 have significantly less interaction with alien forces than say Lostbelt 2 (the gods) and Lostbelt 5. This speculation does however have some implications for Lostbelt 6 and 7, and there's not really any reason why the belt's depth wouldn't be a measure for how different or stable that future is.

At Least a Human Being falseCeilings's Avatar
    I don't know for sure, that's why I'm asking as well. Matching Buddhism cosmology with real cosmology things is not Nasu exclusive, it's been IRL as well where in some places they associate Guanyin Bodhisattva with Laniakea supercluster (the one containing our galaxy) and the part Nasu mentioned in Extra mats is indeed from RL Buddhism as well (modern Buddhism to be more exact, ancient Buddhism is a bit more vague and mythical than that and they have vertical/horizontal view of the cosmos from the perspective of a buddha). Just my guess but the timelines fit in with the vertical structure where worlds are stacked ontop of each other like layers, but it's not 100% similar to what Nasu's doing. He seems to be borrowing some ideas and then mix it with other stuffs from other religions I feel like.
    That's more borrowing terminology then, or just roughly imitating Buddhist cosmology. The "worlds" there are somewhat implied to be spatially separated (reading the Vimalakirti Sutra, one gets the idea that they correlate roughly to star-systems and then perhaps the groupings of ten thousand worlds or ten thousand ten thousands might imply galaxies), vertical separation is more related to the plane of existence one currently resides in.

The Gods, upon becoming Divine Spirits, escaping into a "higher dimension" (not sure it's been called higher? perhaps just another dimension) sounds more like the vertical separation found in Buddhist cosmology, but even there there are more differences than similarities (the Gods there, by definition are on a higher plane, though at times humans may be closer or further away from them).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How do You think it connects to the time tree structures as a whole? Do you think it's like: a galaxy is 1 tree that means we have an even bigger tree matching a galaxy cluster (this bigger tree has 1000 branches aka the smaller basic trees) which also means the biggest tree contains a supercluster? Would that mean the pruning of branches on a tree in the solar system is only exclusive to our galaxy (the Milky Way) cuz we grow too fast but not other solar systems and galaxies that has nothing to do with humans?
    If the cosmos ends up being nested tree timelines with the superstructure of a tree that wouldn't be too weird considering how Nasu loves microcosms and repeating those motifs on a macro-scale.
    At least it'd explain Servant Universe but it would mean saying Prototype and works that on different time trees are from a galaxy far far away not wrong, which is weird.
    Last edited by You; June 11th, 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    You
    Actually, I was born with so much hair that my dad thought something was wrong with me.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

gotta say, that was not a reply I expected

Blog Entries
    I mean it was a odd reply but you don’t need to take it to hair’d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

that however, was all within my calculations

Blog Entries
    You love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsu Tohya
    "Chaos itself is a world of its own, fusing heaven and earth. To destroy the chaos that is your flesh would require enough power to destroy the entire world. Ever since the Earth was created, nothing has had such power."
    Has this been retconned?

JP Friend Code
    KT can't be retconned, that'd require the Tsuki side of the Nasuverse getting content updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Has this been retconned?
    Even better, it's been forgotten!

like the rest of Tsukihime lol

Can I sig this?

Blog Entries
    I mean yeah of course

US Friend Code
    Does Atalanta speak in antiquated Japanese? Because GO NA peppers her my room lines with thou, thee, and so on.

JP Friend Code
    It doesn’t look like it because she’s so curt, unlike the other antiquated speakers who tend to get very flowery, but yes, she uses 汝 (which might be the most archaic version of “you” out there) and a few archaic negatives (せん) here and there.

吸血鬼 Vampire
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Has this been retconned?
    I dunno about the first half, but as for the second? Da Vinci has some lines in Grand Order (Shinjuku, maybe?) about how it's impossible to destroy the world, so maybe not.

And to be fair, I don't know that we've actually seen anything that can do that. Even the big world-ending FGO threats just do stuff like scour the surface of the earth or enslave humanity, and Moriarty's planet-cracking scheme in Shinjuku is IIRC impossible outside of the circumstances of that singularity.

IRL humanity could maybe kill all life on Earth if we were determined enough, what with all the nukes, but we still can't get anywhere close to actually destroying the planet itself. It's too damn massive for anything we have to work, and Asimov's version of The Dynamics of An Asteroid will remain fiction.

At the same time, though, remember that characters are fallible and should not neccessarily be taken at their word if they're not obviously being an author mouthpiece at the moment. Sometimes this is intentional, for story purposes - e.g. Rin talking up how the newest Heroic Spirits are from a century ago while also having a Servant who is secretly from the future. Other times it's just a conventient excuse for not-quite-retcons, like how in KnK they suppose that Jeanne might have been guided by the Counter Force but later in Apo seemingly decided against that and thus the character supposing that was probably just mistaken.
    I don't remember the context of your quote, though, so that may or may not apply.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Did Nasu ever played Battle Moon Wars?
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

How does Tamamo's Witchcraft EX compare to Medea's magic?

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't get flexed on by Magic Resistance
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3