Page 7031 of 7039 FirstFirst ... 603165316931698170217026702970307031703270337036 ... LastLast
Results 140,601 to 140,620 of 140766

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

  1. #140601
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,350
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's definitely ten billion percent more likely that a Japanese company fucked up writing English than it is that a Japanese author fucked up writing Japanese, yeah
    Pretty bad point you're trying to make there bud

  2. #140602
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,516
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubo View Post
    So do you really think utotable wrote "Honor" in roman letters by mistake?
    Yes.

    Because its really easy to mess up.

    From everyone I talked about how it was written Owner is correct in all the written material.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  3. #140603
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's definitely ten billion percent more likely that a Japanese company fucked up writing English than it is that a Japanese author fucked up writing Japanese, yeah
    Pretty bad point you're trying to make there bud
    I get the point you're trying to make, but people do make spelling mistakes/typos in their native language all the time. It's not some monumentally unlikely thing that never hapens.

  4. #140604
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,516
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    While thats true. a single mistake would make sense, it being repeated on multiple times on different things tho, then it becomes more and more unlikely
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  5. #140605
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    While thats true. a single mistake would make sense, it being repeated on multiple times on different things tho, then it becomes more and more unlikely
    I agree with you, but the way McJon said it was kind of iffy.

  6. #140606
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    39,323
    Blog Entries
    12
    What’s the question now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  7. #140607
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,349
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Whether Altria is acceptable.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  8. #140608
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,350
    Blog Entries
    1
    Whether or not Japanese people have been writing Japanese wrong hundreds of times for years or if they messed up English once

  9. #140609
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    39,323
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Whether Altria is acceptable.
    Thats not a question.

    the only question related to such is the one where you ask whether anyone was involved was a total blooming idjit

    Or just possessed of such weak character and force of will that they couldn’t stop blooming idjits from doing blooming idjit things
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  10. #140610
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Whether or not Japanese people have been writing Japanese wrong hundreds of times for years or if they messed up English once
    The real issue is how many times it was repeated. A Japanese person writing English wrong is more likely than them writing Japanese wrong, but not monumentally so. On the other hand, the odds of them writing the same Japanese word wrong over and over on multiple unrelated occasions really is approaching monumentally unlikely. I actually agree with you, but you could've clarified your point better.

  11. #140611
    the rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,515
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    This has probably been asked a million times in regards to LB3 already, but

    Spoiler:
    is Hinako actually unironically a True Ancestor, or is the entire rest of the internet wrong? Because that's incredibly stupid if true.

  12. #140612
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,472
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    She's
    Spoiler:
    [a True Ancestor (Chinese).

    So basically one without actually being one since she came from a tree instead of moon blueprints or something]
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  13. #140613
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    This has probably been asked a million times in regards to LB3 already, but

    Spoiler:
    is Hinako actually unironically a True Ancestor, or is the entire rest of the internet wrong? Because that's incredibly stupid if true.
    Spoiler:
    the emperor calls her a Zhenren while Davinci calls her a Shinso

  14. #140614
    死者 The Dead Rubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yes.

    Because its really easy to mess up.

    From everyone I talked about how it was written Owner is correct in all the written material.
    Instead, I think ufotable wrote it right, while Urobuchi wrote オーナー instead of オナー, but meaning "Honor" and not "Owner". In FGO materials the name of the NPs are written in katakana, not in romaji, so if they wrote it wrong in katakana, they could still allude to "Honor" and not "Owner". It will be really strange if ufotable wrote "Honor" by mistake.
    And for those of you who are english, does "Knight of Owner" have sense? I think that "Knight of Honor" does.

    It's different though for "Blut die Schwester", because Nasu really wrote it wrong. In german "blood sisters" is "Blutsschwestern", and not "Blut die Schwester", because the latter means nothing. But it's a different story.

  15. #140615
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    This has probably been asked a million times in regards to LB3 already, but

    Spoiler:
    is Hinako actually unironically a True Ancestor, or is the entire rest of the internet wrong? Because that's incredibly stupid if true.
    "Like one, but not."

  16. #140616
    The Greatest Cool Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,944
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Spoiler:
    Da Vinci called her one but apparently she's not quite the same.

  17. #140617
    the rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,515
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    "Like one, but not."
    That's what I hoped to hear. Far too many jingkebells attached to being literally exactly that.

  18. #140618
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,516
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubo View Post


    Instead, I think ufotable wrote it right, while Urobuchi wrote オーナー instead of オナー, but meaning "Honor" and not "Owner". In FGO materials the name of the NPs are written in katakana, not in romaji, so if they wrote it wrong in katakana, they could still allude to "Honor" and not "Owner". It will be really strange if ufotable wrote "Honor" by mistake.
    And for those of you who are english, does "Knight of Owner" have sense? I think that "Knight of Honor" does.

    It's different though for "Blut die Schwester", because Nasu really wrote it wrong. In german "blood sisters" is "Blutsschwestern", and not "Blut die Schwester", because the latter means nothing. But it's a different story.
    Owner doesn't make sense, but this isnt the only time TM sucked at spelling.

    And this isnt just the FGO mats, its literally every single time the NP has been written down from what I am aware. If it was a mistake that wouldn't make sense.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  19. #140619
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,836
    Blog Entries
    25
    I think owner makes sense because it's a NP that makes the user the owner of other people's NPs by stealing them which isn't very honourable.

  20. #140620
    I get that Honor makes sense in that Lancelot is famous for his initial honor and tragic love story, but Owner, like koto points out, makes more sense in the context

    but believe whatever you like

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •