Page 7096 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6096659669967046708670917094709570967097709871017106714671967596 ... LastLast
Results 141,901 to 141,920 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Everybody knows all anime characters go through Second Puberty in their mid-twenties, can't look like a cool high schooler forever eventually you have to change VAs and turn into an ossan

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    True. I forgot that small fact. Nonetheless, I feel that to really differentiate future Shirou from Archer, they actually wouldn't change the VAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm convinced that them being voiced by different people if just a way of trying to hide their connection.

I think in verse it's mentioned that they sound similar at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

And/or Archer is deliberately lowering the pitch of his voice to distance himself from his past
    In UBW and HF, when Archer is dying Suwabe noticably switches up his voice to be more young and nasal like Sugiyama. I’d say i’s pretty much canon Archer constantly speaks in a fake chuuni batman voice. So by logic I think an older Shirou should be voiced by Suwabe using a higher pitch, but I think that if we ever got something with an older Shirou in it, they’d still go with Sugiyama because it feels like a rule that our Shirou = Sugiyama. It just feels right.

logic vs muh heart

Anyway going back to the original question, while it’s not assured that shirou won’t look like archer in the future, it’s definitely isn’t true that it’s accepted he definitely will, let alone is gauranteed to do so no matter which route

I suppose when put that way, your right that agreement on this subject isnt really universal.Where i was coming from is that if we're going by the logic that using his specific projection to a certain limit will inevitably wear out his DNA and cause that gradual change, i would think it inevitable for the Shirou's who follow the path of using their magic over the years.

I'd love for Nasu to confirm that one way or another to be the case. Extra CCC, UBW 2014(and their overlapped variables ( https://i.ytimg.com/vi/riFP_z9lKIo/hqdefault.jpg ) and Kaleid seem to imply so, but have we ever gotten any input from him?

The different voice thing i always thought was just a DEEN decision to not make their connection not overly obvious, and then afterward TM just went with it due to reusing the voice cast since then with the implication that they are intended to be similar in voice just with Archer more matured up.

its also true that a lot of these viewpoints of mine have been spurred on by the question and my headcanon of what Fate route Shirou is supposed to look like arriving in Avalon. They play up the implication of his voice being different, his body having changed such...i always get the image of casual Playable Archer from Extra CCC, he's gone through tons of shit in his life but he's still the same old dude in the end

On another similar note to this convo, it gets you to thinking with Archer becoming pretty strong by the time of his death despite having far less experience or knowledge regarding his own powers at the end of the war than any of the 3 routes, what the eventual limitations of FSN Shirou actually end up being. Its assured that UBW and HF Shirou have quite a huge head start on Fate, but i think that eventually getting to and exceeding Archer's limitations as a human are almost a practical no brainer

I dunno, I think because UBW and HF Shirou got such huge headstarts, they won't quite wear out their DNA in their lifetimes, looking more like Shirou than Archer. I think this is most true for UBW Shirou because he got the RM at age 16, long before Archer did the same.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^They also had a tracing coach in Archer or his arm, unlike Archer himself who went into it blind and thus probably more prone to injuring himself doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I dunno, I think because UBW and HF Shirou got such huge headstarts, they won't quite wear out their DNA in their lifetimes, looking more like Shirou than Archer. I think this is most true for UBW Shirou because he got the RM at age 16, long before Archer did the same.
    I kind of assumed that how far along in power they were didnt really matter,as long as they kept on using their powers into young adult hood over years and years, being a side effect of the projection magic itself in his body over time rather than misuse

(since Rin in the VN says that even just using projection on the level he uses it is something that humans absolutely should not do and will give him far reaching consequences as a result)

Since Archer died in his 30s, we can assume that it only takes about a decade at the earliest. https://randomc.net/image/Fate%20sta...Large%2009.jpg

And since he did have his discoloration a while before that time, and Playable Archer in CCC already had said discoloration in his late 20s when he was a contractual sniper, that would kind of narrow it down a bit.

In regards to HF, i think its far more likely than the other routes that he would stay the same due to that not even being his real body in the first place..
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 23rd, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

I made the exact opposite assumption and thought that the years Archer took to properly "learn" Projection Magic, as well as his numerous bad habits, led to the discoloration. Considering this conversation, I think UBW Shirou might be spared until maybe his 40s or 50s.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I kind of assumed that how far along in power they were didnt really matter,as long as they kept on using their powers into young adult hood over years and years, being a side effect of the projection magic itself in his body over time rather than misuse

(since Rin in the VN says that even just using projection on the level he uses it is something that humans absolutely should not do and will give him far reaching consequences as a result)
    If you mean the lecture in the Fate route that was just a “Rin don’t know shit” moment where she freaked out about him projecting something with more magical energy than himself which would be bad if he didn’t have a reality marble (he does)

Do we have a date as to when the next Lostbelt Chapter begins?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    don't think so

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think its translated
    Do you know more or less how the fight was?

I tried to ask this question once before, but is there a way to modify the Summoning ritual for Servants so that say, Artoria could be summoned directly from Avalon without using the Grail as an intermediate?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    Do you know more or less how the fight was?
    never listened to it, sorry

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to ask this question once before, but is there a way to modify the Summoning ritual for Servants so that say, Artoria could be summoned directly from Avalon without using the Grail as an intermediate?
    Well no because the Grail is what is doing the summoning.
    The summoning ritual is basically just the Master connecting to the Grail.
    At the same time, in the distant castle of the Einzberns, Emiya Kiritsugu was examining the completed state of the summoning circle scribed on the floor of the ceremony room.

“Would such a simple ritual suffice?”

For Irisviel, who was standing aside overlooking the procedure, it was surprising that the preparations were so plain.

“Maybe you are disappointed, but the summoning of Servants never needed an extravagant spiritual evocation ceremony.”

Kiritsugu explained as he carefully checked for twists and smudges on the patterns drawn with mercury.

“Because it is in fact not the power of the magus that summons the Servant, but the power of the Holy Grail. As a Master I am only a cord that connects the Heroic Spirit with the world we reside in, and then merely provide him with prana necessary for materialization in this world.”

As if satisfied with the completed state of the summoning circle, Kiritsugu nodded and stood up. The holy relic was placed on the altar – the sheath of the legendary holy sword.
    The ritual is just the Master asking the Grail to summon them a Servant.
    It would seem summoning rituals can get much much more complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Yeah, figured as much. Just wondered if a few words could be exchanged to change the source and whatnot. Though it does seem a more complex ritual would be required then.

By that, I mean, could I come up with a new summoning ritual asking Avalon, or Merlin, to provide the Servant instead?
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; February 24th, 2019 at 02:48 AM.

Also, totally unrelated, but how do TM come up with mage names? They don't really resemble any culture's names that I can think of...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Also, totally unrelated, but how do TM come up with mage names? They don't really resemble any culture's names that I can think of...
    They copy Tomino.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm sure there's a photoshop of a redhead, pale Archer out there somewhere but I'm having trouble imagining it.
    I remember seeing here an image of EMIYA's sprite with red hair and pale skin here, a sort of photoshop, made to see what he would look like. Everyone felt it was really weird.

There was also an image done of Rin & Saber's sprites swapping their clothing colors or something as well.

I wish I could find it.
    Last edited by warellis; February 24th, 2019 at 04:16 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    They set up a dart board and just use whatever letters they hit.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm sure there's a photoshop of a redhead, pale Archer out there somewhere but I'm having trouble imagining it.
    Sounds like that flashback image of Mumei in Extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Sounds like that flashback image of Mumei in Extra.
    Sounds like this photoshop, though I know of another, one that involved EMIYA's sprite:
    Spoiler: