Page 3 of 288 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: FSN x MGLN crossover : Fate/Night Sky

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    I got an even more eviler Idea, which I won't use becuase its just sad.

Gilgamesh attacks Einzberg castle, and defeats Berserker. Then he grabs the blined Ilya and raises his hand.....Only for Shamal to tear out Ilya's linker core from a distance before Gilgamesh can tear out her heart.

Shamal Kill-steals the king of heroes.....

"Thiefing woman!"

Illya is best servant

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ....Dude. That is hilarious, in a black comedy sense.

I can just see Gilgamesh shaking his first in frustration. Or, more realistically, obliterating the landscape in an attempt to get vengeance.

Hnnn, I'm probably looking into this a bit too much, but isn't the Book of Darkness a few hundred years older than Avalon? That would make it a greater mystery than Avalon wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    Hnnn, I'm probably looking into this a bit too much, but isn't the Book of Darkness a few hundred years older than Avalon? That would make it a greater mystery than Avalon wouldn't it?
    avalon is one of the few expections.

Book of Darkness = at least 800 years old ( the TSAB is around 70 years old around the 5th Heaven's feel) and al hazard fell around 1000 years ago, before the belkan rose to power.

Avalon = around 1200 years old ( arthurian legends take place around 600-800 A.D).

Illya is best servant

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    their powers are mostly D-rank.
    That's one of the funniest things you've posted.

Ahh, Misremembered when Arthurian Legend takes place. However I would assume that the book is at least one-thousand years old given that it was supposed to be created before Al Hazard fell. Unless I'm misremembering that also. Ah well, don't mind me.

-Lurk mode reactivate-

It might be one of the last relics that al hazard created before it fell. It original purpose was to obtain all knowledge on magic and store it, much like a time capsule.

The Book of the Northern Sky could have been a last effort of a group of scientist to prevent their entire culture for being destroyed, before some belkan scientist broke the programming and turned it into a weapon.

Isn't it sad Reinforce?

Illya is best servant

Chapter 1 is on its way, and is mostly based on the VN ( as in, I borrowed the dialogue from Shirou's past, along with the details from his childhood).

Anyone else besides logiccosmic want to Beta it once it's done?

Illya is best servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    I always figured that MGLN folk, or at least the Aces/Wolkenritter, had more raw power then FSN, but FSN made up for it by being just freaky with Noble Phantasms and the fact that their magic is less Energy-Manipulation Science performed by individuals thanks to innate ability but called magic, and more 'freaky shit happens because I've got magic,' even if magecraft is more strongly affected by humanities current understanding of the universe.

And you could make a case for the Wolkenritter being similar to Heroic Spirits, enough to have picked up some metaphysical weight. They've been around for near 800 years, perpetuating their legend across dozens or hundreds of worlds, and multiple inter-stellar/dimensional civilizations, with the TSAB and Ancient Belka. That'd be a hell of a lot of accumulated belief and terror, especially since they keep adding to the body of knowledge and experience every time the book reincarnates.

Plus, since Noble Phantasms are accumulations of belief, including still existant objects (beyond Fragarach), and not just manifestations accompanying Heroic spirits, the Book/Tome and the Wolkenritter's devices might qualify, depending on just how detailed the legends get.

And a fair amount of the Heroic Spirits power comes from how they were living in the distant past, at a time when humanity as a race was lesser in number, with its metaphysical energy allotment spread among less individuals, and thus concentrated, making everyone stronger, tougher, and more powerful in general. Not sure how you'll play that out with other-dimensional humans, but...

Lastly, this isn't a universal thing, but there's some belief that the Wolkenritter aren't built the same as regular humans. I don't just mean the whole 'eternally youthfal, reincarnating, book-created warriors,' thing. I mean that they look human, they eat and breathe and talk and bleed, but they aren't human. Built to a different standard, even without magic they're tougher and stronger and internally unusual.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    @Fraggle: Dude, I messaged you if I could do that right after your 1st post here! D:
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

One thing Fraggle:

Einzbern. Not Einzberg. Possible your spellcheck is messing up...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Book of Darkness = at least 800 years old ( the TSAB is around 70 years old around the 5th Heaven's feel) and al hazard fell around 1000 years ago, before the belkan rose to power.
    The Tome is probably Al Hazardian, just like the Saint's Cradle. Only the modifications were recent, and probably intended to turn the device into a weapon of war, with poor results.

Also, your timeline is incomplete. The Sankt Kaiser Unification War itself lasted maybe 700 years, and the Ancient Belkan Warring Era before that was at least 4-500 years old (at the time of that particular memory of the Wolkenritter), and probably lasted longer.

Probably, the Tome of the Night Sky was old before Avalon was born. At the very least, they're roughly the same age. (At least if Avalon is really 1200 years old.)

(Also, I stick by the idea that in a Nasuverse/Nanohaverse crossover, the Solar System itself is a collection of Lost Logia, which is why each planetoid produces a Type, and why strange shit happens on Earth that makes no sense in the greater Nanohaverse.)

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    So I'm just going to throw out some ideas:

The way the book of Darkness drains mana from people to power itself up, just reminds me of the way the grail forms itself from the mana of defeated servants. If Shirou took the mana of Archer, not only does he get convenient UBW upgrade like in the HF route, but he also draws the attention of Zouken (who'd be angry), Illya (whose still angry), and Caster (who would be more interested then anything). I could imagine caster examining the book of darkness within Shirou and manipulating him and the wolkenreitter and who ever is his servant into completing the "Shirou Grail" creating OMG UBER-STRONG S CLASS MAGE BERSERKER SHIROU!

Shirou won't be Shirou if the book of Darkness cripples him. There needs to be BAR, but since their is a continous drain on his magic, he will still be barely-can-do-anything-Shirou until the book of Darkness is better, but have the Wolkeinreitter at least teach him a flight spell and actual swordplay.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Grail was first powered by the Kaleidoscope (arguably). After that it's the heroic spirits that power the grail, which are an entity separate from the mana that makes up the bodies of Servants.

WMG: The BoD should help Shirou make circuits from scratch and into real Magic CircuitsLinker Cores, and immediately eat the tiny new Linker Core, resulting in both a Shirou as successful in magic as canon Shirou and in a BoD with the juice to ring up the 'ritters.

Avalon = around 1200 years old ( arthurian legends take place around 600-800 A.D).
    Closer to 1500-1600 years old.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    I always figured that MGLN folk, or at least the Aces/Wolkenritter, had more raw power then FSN, but FSN made up for it by being just freaky with Noble Phantasms and the fact that their magic is less Energy-Manipulation Science performed by individuals thanks to innate ability but called magic, and more 'freaky shit happens because I've got magic,' even if magecraft is more strongly affected by humanities current understanding of the universe.

And you could make a case for the Wolkenritter being similar to Heroic Spirits, enough to have picked up some metaphysical weight. They've been around for near 800 years, perpetuating their legend across dozens or hundreds of worlds, and multiple inter-stellar/dimensional civilizations, with the TSAB and Ancient Belka. That'd be a hell of a lot of accumulated belief and terror, especially since they keep adding to the body of knowledge and experience every time the book reincarnates.

Plus, since Noble Phantasms are accumulations of belief, including still existant objects (beyond Fragarach), and not just manifestations accompanying Heroic spirits, the Book/Tome and the Wolkenritter's devices might qualify, depending on just how detailed the legends get.

And a fair amount of the Heroic Spirits power comes from how they were living in the distant past, at a time when humanity as a race was lesser in number, with its metaphysical energy allotment spread among less individuals, and thus concentrated, making everyone stronger, tougher, and more powerful in general. Not sure how you'll play that out with other-dimensional humans, but...

Lastly, this isn't a universal thing, but there's some belief that the Wolkenritter aren't built the same as regular humans. I don't just mean the whole 'eternally youthfal, reincarnating, book-created warriors,' thing. I mean that they look human, they eat and breathe and talk and bleed, but they aren't human. Built to a different standard, even without magic they're tougher and stronger and internally unusual.

The Heroic spirits of the Heaven's feel are modified templates of those who were deemed worthy to be taken out of the chain of reincarnation and now reside at the throne of heroes. The wolkenritter are powerful constructs of the book, but are not at that level and even if they were their legend has been quite diminished, as most of the witnesses don' t survive after the completing the book.

The Only way the wolkenriter can keep up with the average servant is by using their teamwork, and their cartridge system to give their starts the necessary boost to pierce a servants defenses, but even then they will have their hands full with keeping up with the hero.And their supply of Cartridges is limited as it is.The fact that saber is on their side is the best thing that could have happened, as saber's magic resistance makes her their ultimate counter.

Also, every servant with at least c-rank magic resistance is immune to core grabbing, making only Archer, Assassin and Berserker a potential target for that, and they will have to incapacitate them first so they don't move.

finally, the Book of Darkness is pretty much a Mystic code, bordering on an conceptual weapon once fully activate.

Illya is best servant

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I would like to argue about the centuries of experience, but unfortunately they don't remember most of their past, so it's probably 'only' worth one or two hundred years (after all Signum is the stronger of the main cast in MGLN despite being less powerful than Nanoha, Fate or Hayate, so she must compensate with her experience). I personally think that it's really the Noble Phantasm that make the real difference in power between them and a servant (with variation depending on the servant), but it is your story, so I will accept your view of the powerlevel (there are not really any evidence after all). I won't complain as long as you take into account the advantage they have because of flight. Especially if that make the story more interesting.

About saber being their natural counter... I don't think so, because their style is a lot more physical than other MGLN's mage. How will Magic resistance affect something like Vita's Schwalbefliegen? The projectile seems to be physical. And it's certainly won't stop her hammer or Signum's sword. Magic resistance will limit their option, but they still have all the spell that don't attack directly. Not their natural counter but a really troublesome enemy due to Saber's skills, instincts, and power.

With your powerlevel though, Nanoha and Fate are screwed if they were to fight Saber (well, not because they can probably avoid being hit, but they won't be able to do anything, except maybe with a starlight breaker, but that will be answered with an excaliblast so...)

My greatest concern is that this story will become the battlefield of powerlevel debates, and turns into a cross oer battle.

I wanted to write a story about the people, not about their power levels. This will probably mean that the servants might be powered up to maintain their ' unbeatable heroic' status, and on the TSAB the mages lose the abilities to use the cartridge system, as it remains an historic outdated technique, just like using self-hypnosis to preform magecraft.

As for the origin of the inhabitants of the other planets. My guess is that the were transported there from another universe's earth when their planet ( Al Hazard, the name of the planet earth after their civilization started to expand in the trans-dimensional realm.) collapsed. With the loss of their civilisation the people regressed back to nomadic, who scattered across the planets they had landed on as their technology failed. A nation on the planet Belka managed to use relics from the old world to partially rebuild their former power and form the basis of the belkan empire.

Illya is best servant

I wanted to write a story about the people, not about their power levels.
    Weaken Book of Darkness = Weakened Wolkenritter Program. Simple explanation that works that makes it so that nobody needs to argue about powerlevel difference.