Page 6 of 288 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: FSN x MGLN crossover : Fate/Night Sky

Hah! Nice try author but your excuse has been countered. Now you CAN post this weekend. All glory to the vast resources of the Internet!

That being said was Shirou's pathetic circuits always like that, or a product Ochoa year spent doing it wrong?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    ch 2 at 2300 word's and still going. I'm afraid I wont be able to finish it this weekend, as I'm lacking Nanoha A's reference materials to finish the summoning of the wolkenritter ( it's on another harddrive at home).

small preview:

for a while I was pondering on how to have the book force open Shirou's circuits for it's rebirth. Then I just went teamfourstar on him:
    Well, you don't _have_ to post the whole chapter all at once, you know.

Though this reminds me of the FSN/MSLN crossover I've had in my mind for some time.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Hah! Nice try author but your excuse has been countered. Now you CAN post this weekend. All glory to the vast resources of the Internet!

That being said was Shirou's pathetic circuits always like that, or a product Ochoa year spent doing it wrong?
    They're a product of him creating magic circuits wrong for like eight years.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post

My evil plans have been foiled again! Now i must continue writing more tomorrow, cause i need to get some sleep right now. ( around 2500 words now, and I'm still not done with this chapter)

Shirou's circuits are the result of eight years of malpracticing magic. His output will be more stable in this timeline, but some damage will be irreparable. Also, for those worries that the BoD might deviate Shirou of the path of Gar by making him a magical nuke; Due to his affinity and origin he won't be able to stay off the front-line for very long, and the charging of the book's AoE spells is a very slow process, which makes it useful for a support caster like Shamal, but lethal for Shirou as he tends to put his head in the middle of shit.

Unlike HeroSlayer's verse, where Shirou focuses more of swordsmanship, I'm taking my Shirou more to the Archery side of his powers, although he still will be able to fight with blades.

one word : Sleipnir with the railbow.

U mad raising heart?

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Great, now that you've mentioned me. I am now wondering what would happen if Lyrical Days Shirou met this Shirou.

The GAR is still there. It just went airborne.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    reference materials... you mean the scene with the actual summoning? If so, that's about 7 minutes into EP 6 (I just checked).

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UXvssVw9Pc
    Here's a link to a forum thread where all of the Sound Stages are translated, provided in a neat and convenient order.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85192

Don't tempt me with ideas for crossovers Heroslayer!

Seriously though, After this storyline is over I might write a crossover, but I cant do it now without spoiling some of my plot twists. Like the fact that shirou is going to die.........aw crap I just typed that out loud didn't I?

or even worse, if I follow Muramasa's idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    I am so shipping Shirou with Reinforce Ein.

Then the sheer squick for Rein-zwei to have her master's boyfriend 'powering' her mother will do.

in the end the two shirou's will have the swords vs bow argument and will blow up shit to prove their point.

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    I was just joking, my bad.

Anyways, focus on getting your story done and keeping it high quality.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle
    Due to his affinity and origin he won't be able to stay off the front-line for very long, and the charging of the book's AoE spells is a very slow process, which makes it useful for a support caster like Shamal, but lethal for Shirou as he tends to put his head in the middle of shit.
    Remember that the BoD know the spells of every mage it ever absorbed the linker core (and we don't know how the Book of the Night Sky worked, but it was created to store spells). It is at least close to be a thousand years old (and may be older), so it probably have tons of spells recorded (I wouldn't be surprised it would be over a thousand, even if some of them would be similar). The Book will definitively be useful to him, even if he doesn't beamspam.

If you don't feel creative, you don't even need to create new spells, you can just use the ones of the Wolkenritter : most are definitively faster to cast than a tactical-nuke spell.

Of course, it is totally irrelevant for most of the story, since he could only use those powers AFTER the BoD completion, and most of you know how that is not a good thing (not that he couldn't learn some of the spells by himself before that, if you think you can justify it). We probably won't have a flying Shirou supporting Saber by shooting the enemys servants with Sturmfalken. A shame.

Edit : Cracky WMG : Laevatein is the same weapon as the mythological weapon of the same name, that was improved into a device after it somehow found its way into a Belkan !!Scientist!!'s hands.
    Last edited by Bki; September 10th, 2011 at 08:17 PM.

WMG: Shamal is Vivienne's predecessor/successor and has rights to the Sword of the Lake™.

Good news: ch2 is finished.

Bad news: its over 3900 words, so I can't send it to my beta's in 1 message, and I'm stuck with lousy internet till I get off the train again.

Good new: I'll be home in 60 min or something.

Longest

60 minutes

ever >_<

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    You can...split it in two parts?

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    You can...split it in two parts?
    Couln't send any large post while on the mobile internet...

back home now, so I'm sending them to the beta's, I actually had to split it in 3 parts to send it >_>
    Last edited by fraggle; September 11th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Ah, mobiles. So that's how it was.

Betas!! Hurry up!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Workin'

Go my friend! For great justice!!

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Just got back from out of state w/no internet. I'll have them done w/i the next few hours.

EDIT: Nope, scratch that last part. Got class soon, need sleep. By this afternoon, then.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; September 12th, 2011 at 04:22 AM.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Take your time, the angry horde wont find you in the next 10 hours, unless someone tells them :P

Illya is best servant