Page 100 of 288 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 5758

Thread: FSN x MGLN crossover : Fate/Night Sky

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    Snippet
    Great omake I loved it any chance of you making it a little more detailed still ether way I loved it great job.

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    Great omake I loved it any chance of you making it a little more detailed still ether way I loved it great job.
    I actually made it like that because I didn't want later chapters of Fate/Night Sky to directly contradict something I wrote (that, and writing about the whole war itself is fraggle's job here); other than that, the "dreams" Shirou had are (as most of you probably know) the three routes of Fate/Stay Night, so I didn't feel the need to write an in-depth description of it.

But sure, I'll try that in the next one, though I don't know when exactly will it be out as I've the morning shift for 7 days straight starting tomorrow, and that always leaves me zombified.

US Friend Code
    I actually made it like that because I didn't want later chapters of Fate/Night Sky to directly contradict something I wrote (that, and writing about the whole war itself is fraggle's job here); other than that, the "dreams" Shirou had are (as most of you probably know) the three routes of Fate/Stay Night, so I didn't feel the need to write an in-depth description of it.

But sure, I'll try that in the next one, though I don't know when exactly will it be out as I've the morning shift for 7 days straight starting tomorrow, and that always leaves me zombified.
    Well I will look forward to the next one.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar

Good thinking, but did you take into account that Emiya Shirou is just a decoy protagonist, and that Ayako is the real heroine who becomes the master of the BoD in the second half of the story?

That would be silly, wouldn't it :P

Shiroux Reinforce-Ayako ?

Illya is best servant

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    Good thinking, but did you take into account that Emiya Shirou is just a decoy protagonist, and that Ayako is the real heroine who becomes the master of the BoD in the second half of the story?

Wai- wha?

Yeah, it would. So much that I wouldn't believe it even if I was drunk.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. yes it would. In fact it's so silly it deserves a snippit.

...Please?
    Pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sylentnight View Post
    ...Please?
    Pretty please?
    It might be good for a crack snippet, I admit.
    So fraggle, how do you feel about writing it (I could try, but honestly, I'm better at drama and high-tension scenes than funny stuff; that, and the general idea for the next one I'll be doing is already fleshed out)?
    Last edited by YamiheKazeto; January 22nd, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've been asking about this for a little while...so, yes, I'd like to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code

I'd read it not sure if I would like it but I would defently give it a chance.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    I tried thinking about it, but for now it's to cracky to write a decent snippet about it.

Also, I should not listen to this piece of Skyward sword's soundtrack while brainstorming for now plot points ( beware the spoiler). It's not giving me any happy ending idea's. Dammit

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    I tried thinking about it, but for now it's to cracky to write a decent snippet about it.

Also, I should not listen to this piece of Skyward sword's soundtrack while brainstorming for now plot points ( beware the spoiler). It's not giving me any happy ending idea's. Dammit
    ...That's a pretty sad song. If I may suggest something, try looking up either of these two: 空を駆け巡る少女 or 永遠亭組曲

Both are pretty useful when writing I think.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Dammit Fraggle! that music and scene still makes me shed a tear...oh god the ending was so...so...*sniff* j-just give me a moment.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...I listen to that and then I listened to Pokemon Gold/Silver The End... I felt like crying from nostalgia... curse you for making me feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

I listen to the many remixes of EMIYA
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

I have absolutely no idea why I did that to myself, but...

So as I lack sleep, have a snippet.

This one is called "Darkness Falls", and I don't think it's difficult to see why is its name like that. It is obviously connected to the previous one I posted, but that's something that would be difficult not to notice.

Now, if anyone has any questions to me or sees something that should be corrected in it, just let me know.

Snippet start:

- - - - -

Sounds of clashing metal resounded in the area as Lancer thrust and swung his blade at Arturia repeatedly, each one of his strikes offset with a hit of her own sword. Every one of their strikes deadly if they connected, but none managed to get through defences of the other one. Lancer through superior speed and Arturia through overwhelming strength of her blows, each of them tried to overpower the opponent for even one hit, and whenever their weapons met, sparks from metal hitting on metal lighted the scene.

Shirou observed the duel from distance. Even after all this time, the sight of Servants fighting amazed him, the sheer power of their attacks and the speed with which they moved beyond the reach of normal humans. That was not to say that his Knights weren't capable of quick or strong attacks - even he could achieve Arturia's speed or Lancer's strength for a short time - but for some reason Servants seemed impervious to most damage not dealt by other servants, and it made them appear even more amazing. There was a certain mystery to Servants, and even though Arturia provided him with some explanation on that, there were still things he didn't understand.

As he continued observing the seemingly endless struggle between two Servants, he heard a loud thud from behind, followed by two sharper sounds, most likely steps. He started turning to face the source of these sounds when he heard someone speak up.

- "Do anything funny and I'll curse you. You've seen what my magic can do."
    - As he turned, he saw Tohsaka standing a few metres from him, one hand pointed at him and the other holding a jewel of some sort. - "Now I ask once again, Emiya. Who are you?" - He tried to answer, but she interrupted him with further words. - "And I don't want your story about being a mere amateur magician. You were the first one to call a Servant, and you definitely used magic an amateur wouldn't be able to. What is your purpose in this war?"

- "It's not really like I have a purpose."
    - Shirou replied - "I just want to make sure that nobody gets hurt in the war, that's all. There isn't anything I want from the Holy Grail, Tohsaka."

- "Then what about your magic? You can't tell me it's something you got from Kiritsugu, Emiya. I asked the supervisor. That's not the kind of magic he used."

- "That's..."
    - Shirou lowered his head, unsure what to say. He couldn't tell Tohsaka about the Book, that he was certain of - "This magic is what I have left of my family."

- "Fine, then."
    - Tohsaka replied, her voice carrying hints of irritation. - "But it still doesn't explain what happened at school." - She sighed quite audibly - "No, scratch that.
    Nothing about you makes sense at all. I only need to know one thing now, Emiya. Were you the one behind the attacks?"

- "Attacks...?"
    - Shirou thought for a moment. - "You mean the ones in the news? That's impossible, Tohsaka, I don't have that kind of skill."

- "Let's say I believe you then, Emiya. But if I ever find out that you did it, it will be the end of you."
    - With these words, she started running towards the dueling Servants. Seeing her approach, Lancer jumped back and prepared his weapon.

Everything froze. Even breathing became difficult as he was quickly overwhelmed by killer intent contained within Lancer. And he knew it. Arturia wouldn't be able to dodge this attack. Feeling that there was no time to waste, he overcame the effect the cursed lance had on him, and concentrated. Unnoticed by anyone, runes in a triangle shape appeared on the ground beneath his feet. He couldn't do anything to help her, but he could at least get someone who would be able to do it. He uttered the words that would cast the spell he needed for that.
    - "Dimensional Transfer."

- - - - -

To Shirou's side came his family, the four Knights with which he lived and trained, every one of them dressed in their Knight Armour. Seeing the situation before them, Signum quickly dove forward towards Arturia and her opponent, Lævateinn prepared to strike. She struck at the space occupied with the warrior in blue, and he easily avoided her attack by jumping back. He lowered his spear, preparing himself to combat two opponents at once.

The fight begun anew, this time with Signum accompanying Arturia as they went on offensive against Lancer. With his inhuman speed and superior reach he parried each of their strikes that could be parried, and dodged those he could not. It only happened for a short time, but for those who watched the fight it seemed like an eternity. Strike for strike, counter for thrust, block for counter, and parry for sweep, each action caused a reaction that blended itself with all other into one deathly dance. It only stopped when strings of energy appeared on the ground when they fought, and attempted to capture them. Lancer easily dodge them with his superior speed, Arturia shrugged them with her resistance to magic and prana burst, but Signum couldn't avoid them.

- "Lancer, we're getting out of there." - Tohsaka shouted to her Servant as she retreated the battlefield. Not wanting to get involved in the strange situation even more than he desired a fair fight, he complied to her wish and also started retreating. In their tracks ran Arturia, who knew that these opponents were not ones she could allow to leave; they had to be either stopped, or incapacitated. It would've been much easier if Shirou hadn't forbade her from attacking other Masters with her Noble Phantasm, but she still had a chance at achieving that objective.

Consecutive pulses of light illuminated roofs of the surrounding buildings one by one. The Knights knew what it was, of course - mages teleporting in to capture them. They got detected somehow, and their first priority became getting Shirou out to safety. If they found out that Shirou was the master of the Book of Darkness, they wouldn't be able to stop the mages from taking him. That was why they had to win, even if their leader had already been captured. They dispersed into the sky.

- - - - -

Vita flew up, Graf Eisen prepared to strike. Immediately she was attacked by a black-clad blonde wielding a scythe. She dodged the sweep with ease and countered with an attack of her own. Their awkward exchange lasted for a few strikes, after which Vita backed off from her opponent with a swift move. Hoping to be able to catch the adversary off-guard, she created four iron spheres in front of her and struck them at once with her device.

- "Schwalbefliegen!"
    - With her words, now empowered spheres of metal started flying towards her opponent at high speed. The mage dodged them one by one, however, slashing two of them with her own device, and swept her now charged scythe in Vita's direction.

- "Arc Saber."
    - The energy blade detached itself from the scythe and started flying towards Vita, spinning rapidly and swallowing the remaining two of her projectiles.

- "Panzerhindernis!"
    - She created a shield in front of her. An instant later, the blade connected with her protection, struggling against it but not being able to pierce through. It held for a while, only breaking when Vita got hit by a beam of energy from behind.

Falling after receiving the damage, she quickly noticed the source of the attack. Another mage, this one a long-ranged type. With two opponents against her, she couldn't allow herself to hold back. She started flying towards the second opponent, commanding her device to load cartridge in that time. When she got close enough for her attack to reach, she changed Graf Eisen's form. If there were even more enemies, then it was vital for Shirou's safety that she gets rid of them as quickly as she can.

She started spinning towards the mage, her own device propelling her movement like a rocket. It hit the shield formed by one she targetted, and Graf Eisen smashed violently against it. Soon it cracked, and Vita's hammer hit against the armour of her foe, throwing her into the nearby building. Vita accelerated towards the felled opponent to finish her off, when she found herself unable to move. Her hands and legs, as well as Graf Eisen, were sealed by yellow-coloured binds.

- - - - -

Shamal tried to get close to Signum to undo the binds on her. It was a task that could have just as well been assigned to Shirou, but at the moment it was more important for him not to be detected than it was for her not to be in danger. Her skills in combat were mostly nonexistent, but if only she could get close enough to their leader, then it wouldn't matter as she would not need to fight on her own.

When she arrived on the open spot where Signum was held, she immediately realised that it was a trap. Whenever she looked, there were energy needles targeting her position. Cursing her own haughtiness internally, she took flight in an attempt to dodge the seemingly endless amount of projectiles coming from all sides. When it ended, she scouted the area she was in, and noticing there were no other spells she had to dodge, decided to land on a nearby roof in an attempt to undo Signum's binds from the distance.

As soon as she landed, however, her whole body got caught in a bind and she lost the ability to move. A delayed binding magic prepared to catch her off-guard just when she thought she was safe. It was unexpected to meet someone who would plan that far against an opponent like her, but there was nothing more she could do. Before losing consciousness she was only able to hear her opponent declare his attack.

- "Stinger Blade."

- - - - -

Zafira went to the side in an erratic pattern, trying to make it more difficult for the mages to track Shirou's location. His priorities right now were trying to pull some of the enemy power from his companions, and making sure that they wouldn't notice Shirou. Therefore, he moved in a way that was difficult not to notice, and soon his diligence in doing so brought him the reward. In front of him stood another guardian beast.

They started attacking at each other, every attack meeting an equal one from the other one. Every attempt to outmanoeuvre the one in front of them blocked somehow. Nearby buildings got damaged as they moved wildly in the surrounding, glass panes breaking and walls cracking.

But such a duel only lasted for a short time, and soon another opponent joined the fight against Zafira. Now every move of his had to also move him out of the range of binding spells, and every strike of his had to pierce the shield protecting his opponent. Even with his stamina as a guardian beast, he knew it was only a matter of time before he was too worn-out to do anything against them.

Yet as their battle went on, he continued to do so without fail. Not a single binding spell managed to stop him, not a single hit was landed on his body, and still could stop the other guardian beast from gaining the initiative against him. He even managed to figure the location of the second mage, and took their fight much closer to him than it originally was, in an attempt to bring down first. It was pretty simple, really - someone who specialised in defensive and support spells had no offensive power, and thus it wouldn't be that difficult to take him down; with that, he would have a chance of winning the current fight.

He only made one mistake, and one was everything his opponent needed. When he rose his head to examine the source of light that started illuminating the entire area, he was too distracted to dodge the binding spell cast at him. And with his body bound now, he could only struggle as the other guardian beast took him down.

- - - - -

When Shirou rose his head, he saw a steadily growing sphere of something. It was bright pink, and he soon realised what it was. Bombardment magic; prana gathered in one place and used to overpower targets in a large instantly. And he wouldn't manage anything strong enough in time to defend himself and his Knights. No, looking at the amount of gathered energy, he wasn't sure he would be able to ever use magic this powerful. He raised the hand command sigils were on, and clenched his fist.

- "Counter it, Saber!"

With these words, the second mark disappeared.

Arturia stopped in her pursuit and jumped closer to Shirou, just enough so that she would be able to protect her Master with her own attack. She steadied herself on the ground and started pumping prana into her blade as fast as she could. As soon as it contained enough of it, she rose the sword and said its true name, activating the effect stored within it.

- "Excalibur!"

Just as she activated her Noble Phantasm, an explosion shook the place where Arturia was standing, forcibly changing the direction in which her holy sword attacked. It hit the opposing beam at an angle, cutting through it and finally reaching the surrounding barrier. The spell it was supposed to counter rebounded from the affected area, magical energy changing its course and smashing into the surroundings.

After Excalibur cut through the beam itself and got outside the barrier, the holy attack was no more. Now able to do so unhindered, the spell from above hit the ground, engulfing her and all of his Knights. He watched as they struggled, unable to do anything, only Arturia not hurt by the ongoing attack due to her magic resistance.

'Absorption'

A random thought that came out of nowhere, he didn't even know why he followed on it. But he did, and soon after that his knights were no longer here, vulnerable to the attack. But the Tome didn't stop there; for some reason it decided not only to take them away from the physical realm, but to drain their Linker Cores as well. Final pages were getting filled, and soon the artefact he held within was full.

Pulse of dark energy struck his surroundings, and something broke. He felt the connection between and the Book of Darkness open fully, and through that connection he felt himself unite with everything that was inside. Pain. Suffering. Hopelessness. Grief. Hatred. Rage.

Filling every page of the Tome was supposed to be the end of their struggle here, a beginning of another story. But instead it became the end of their current tale. With his Knights now absorbed into the book, he had to find a way to bring them back, even if everything in him screamed that it was impossible. He tried to think of a way to do so, but with every passing moment he felt his consciousness fade to the building rage; he didn't know what was happening, but somehow darkness filled him to the point of overflowing. Soon, he couldn't even manage to stay awake, and the world before him faded into haze.

His body still standing there even without his will acting on it, a triangle-shaped rune formed on the ground below his feet, and soon another pulse struck his surroundings. After that, a vertex of black energy engulfed his body, and when the energy faded, instead of Shirou there was a female figure standing there.

Tall and well-developed, her face, arms and legs were adorned by red marks. Her hair silver in colour and her eyes brown, she was dressed in a dark blue outfit which appeared to be something between a long-coat and a dress with sturdy boots and gauntlets, golden and silver-coloured linings accentuating the whole outfit. Additional dark leather straps covering parts of her arms and legs, she had the look of someone who would not hesitate to seat at one table with death. On her back there were two sets of black wings, at first with something that appeared to be feathers, but soon they transformed into wings made out of multitude of blade-like metal needles.

She rose up into the air, and then the darkness fell.
    Last edited by YamiheKazeto; February 10th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    ...so Shirou absorbed Excali-blast and Reinforce got freed? Or did I read that incorrectly?
    Nice job, also. Not sure what else to say on that. XP
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    ^^
    Why, hello there Mr. Shit! Have you met my friend Mr. Fan?

Edit: Lyco, I'd say The wolk's got reabsorbed, Excalbur was about to win against Starlighr Breaker, but then someone did a sneak attack. Which caused the aforementioned Absorption, and thus Reinforce. And now I'm curious to see what happens.
    ... Does anyone remember this thread: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-input-welcome ?

So, according to D&D's alignment check, I'm a True Neutral. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by zhead View Post
    Edit: Lyco, I'd say The wolk's got reabsorbed, Excalbur was about to win against Starlighr Breaker, but then someone did a sneak attack. Which caused the aforementioned Absorption, and thus Reinforce.
    Correct answer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zhead View Post
    Edit: Lyco, I'd say The wolk's got reabsorbed, Excalbur was about to win against Starlighr Breaker, but then someone did a sneak attack. Which caused the aforementioned Absorption, and thus Reinforce. And now I'm curious to see what happens.
    Correct answer.
    Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing that up. XP
    F/GO SUPPORT