Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1419222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero's Guide to Riichi/Reach Mahjong ~rules, points, and general discussion~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    damn it, first game i've played in months, maybe, and someone runs away in the last round. YOU'VE JUST RENDERED THE OUTCOME COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO PRESERVE YOUR RANK. STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH. YEAH, THE OTHER TWO GOT AN ABSURD AMOUNT OF RANDOM TSUMOS. SO WHAT. MAHJONG DOES HAVE THE RANDOM LUCK ELEMENT. ACCEPT IT.

...ahem. ignoring the last round, that match was suffering.
    http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2012110913g...-059ae291&tw=2
    and I really need to play more than one or two games at a time. I feel so ashamed of my rust levels. My play was horrendous.

u mad. u bad.

Nah, just kidding. I didn't even watch it. I don't like watching replays unless they're hilarious or legitimately good.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i was actually pretty mad, and worse than i prefer to be.

Things like that make me hesitate whether to make an account or not.

Edit: more like register an ID that's it.
    Last edited by Crown; November 12th, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    eh, it isn't like it costs anything. might as well, so that you can have a record of your own games. if you play anon all of the time, accessing replays, at least on tenhou, is difficult if not impossible. going over your own replays, and scrutinizing your decisions is how you improve. you can play all day, but if you're just repeating the same bad choices, your level isn't gonna change. and usually, you can get a mostly good match in. people don't usually bail unless they're getting murdered, and ragequitting is pretty normal on ANY online competitions, mahjong or not.

I become fed up with statistics, that's all. Those damn numbers!

I registered one tonight anyway, "ツキリちゃん" , if someone is curious enough. There's a league going on the english lobby, is anyone playing?
    Last edited by Crown; November 12th, 2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: I need sleep

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i'm not. i should be sleeping 2 hours ago. >>;

Third place for less than 2000 points, I hate it man.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    it's not that bad. i've seen people be 3rd place for less than -3000. seriously though, for tenhou at least, as long as you're not 4th, you're fine. personally should be shooting for 1 or 2 every time, but 3rd isn't bad.

Blog Entries
    *wanders in*

I'm... mostly still here. Kinda. Sorta.

...oknotreallyheremuch.

Has anyone tried this? There aren't many 17 steps games out there. It's kind of fun.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    didn't know people made the programs to run a variation on that kaiji game. it did seem like it could be a lot of fun from the manga, though.

EDIT: ...are those... touhou characters in the background? huh, guess you can leave it to that community to do weird shit like that. cool.

Haha yeah. The touhou fanbase sure is special. But I feel it'd be more fun if you were to play online (it has online mode but I don't know if it works) or in real life.

Now that you mention the Kaiji manga, I heard Fukumoto recycled that Haku trick at the end. It was originally in the poker arc of Gin to Kin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yeah, but if it works, then it works. That and Fukumoto is probably one of my all-time favorite mangakas. Still waiting for more Rei/Zero part 2. And while more Akagi would be awesome, the fact that Akagi was in Ten means we're only getting the actions, while the outcome is already determined.

I wanted Ryanpeikou but didn't feel lucky enough to get the single 5-pin, so I won with the 8-pin since this looked like finishing in a draw ;_;

Banned
    Blog Entries
    everybody wants ryanpeikou, because it's so boss. still, with the iipeikou dora, a haneman is still nice.

but it was ryanpeikou dude.

This ain't gonna happen in a long while again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    as boss as ryanpeikou is, i still prefer the irregular 3-4 pon wait of an extended iipeikou with dora bomb.

Disregard my previous messages.

I've been doing pretty shitty lately, this is the only good thing I have done in a while.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i'm gonna loiter in lobby 7776 for a while today. if anyone want to play, drop by.