Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Armed with the power of google, I concluded that Caster turned Shirou into Captain Yamato.
    I translated what he said to mean he turned Shirou gay.

Blog Entries
    ^Sikander must have left a big impression on Agailus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    Yeah, this fits along the lines I was talking about.

And instead of the screwball sense of humor you complain about, I'd imagine Zels's humor as kinda off. Funny mostly to himself. The guy lived for a thousand years (or more?), and probably spent nine hundred of them chuckling at his own humor because nobody else got the references. Or style, when you come right down to it.

Most people don't appreciate comedy from the 1930s, and humor translates poorly across cultures. Imagine a guy who started off in the late Dark Ages and absorbed the next millennium's cultural quirks at random.
    Light the Seika-signal, we need someone who knows what jokes did people use during the middle ages!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    I translated what he said to mean he turned Shirou gay.
    Technically not possible, considering the subtext between he and Issei, as well as Shirou's.... interesting interactions with the rest of the male cast.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Light the Seika-signal, we need someone who knows what jokes did people use during the middle ages!
    Depends on the culture, but you had riddles and double entendres in the Dark Ages. From monks, even. Sometimes you saw wordplay weird enough that it was probably intended as a pun. A couple scribbled caricatures here and there. Early medieval goliardic students liked bawdy drinking songs.

(Though appropriately enough, the line between magic and satire is sometimes hard to pin down, depending on the culture.)

Peasant humor is a little harder to get at, since they didn't write a lot of it down.

Much of what does survive is earthy and pretty dark. Some of the fabliaux, bits in Chaucer, and some stuff from the Decameron probably reflect these traditions. There is other evidence, and it has the same sort of flavor. Tricksters were popular. Practical jokes were popular. Medievals had high thresholds for pain, and seemed to enjoy seeing it in their neighbors. Serious injuries are often the punchlines.

So I guess Zelretch-as-troll has some backing if you think he took after his original society.

EDIT #1: Of course, Zelretch has been given a long time to add nuances and refine his material. And he's a magus. They're not normal to begin with. Whatever sense of humor he had in the early Middle Ages has probably accumulated a millennium of extra detritus. It's probably very, very weird by now.

EDIT #2: The ORB has a nice, short article on medieval humor as a starting point: http://www.the-orb.net/non_spec/missteps/ch10.html. (And lots of other interesting articles about the Middle Ages, for that matter.)
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; July 10th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Well, admittedly, I'm a fanboy of Broskander--but not like THAT!!
    My Job Description
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Technically not possible, considering the subtext between he and Issei, as well as Shirou's.... interesting interactions with the rest of the male cast.
    What're you talking about. Read the let's play and tell me Shirou doesn't want the D with Archer. Sleeping alone at night thinking about long hot rods being inserted into him. Hell have mercy on Caster if she did it by accident.

What're you talking about. Read the let's play and tell me Shirou doesn't want the D with Archer. Sleeping alone at night thinking about long hot rods being inserted into him. Hell have mercy on Caster if she did it by accident.
    Naw, I'm saying it's impossible because he's already like that. It'd be redundant for her to alter Shirou's preferences, because the only way they could make it more of a sausage-fest was to do time-travel to Zero, which is impossible.
    My Job Description

I've always imagined him to be more like Sherlock Holmes... Rude because he knows you're dumber than he is, a little odd around the edges, but not a complete ass. I don't know where all the Zelrecht is a flamboyant trickster stuff comes from.

FF writer: "Because Zel did it"

Zelrecht: Did not! That is an outright lie!
    My guess is a mix of the knowledge that another of the greatest old sage type magus of the nasuverse was a confirmated trickster with a penchant to... errr... modify his liege, and the fact that Rin said that he likes to shackle things in the Clock Tower from time to time, and because most of his apprentize end traumatized. Oh, and Ruby. Ruby is a big factor too. If you ask me, someone who can make Ruby can't be anything but a troll, at least to some degree. A magnificent troll that gave us Rin as a magical girl, sure, but a troll nonetheless.

Dunno, reading the novel I don't see so much "Shirou wants Archer's dickings". At least not until the let's play. It is easy, though, to imply double entendres on almost anything, so I still don't see as anything more than the author of the let's play trying to be funny. Keyword being "trying". I found funnier the let's play of "Tsukihime"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I found funnier the let's play of "Tsukihime"
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    "I just have to point out that she did, indeed, feel her Nii-san's load. "

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Just one thing on my defense. The h-scenes were promoted by different types of food. I found specially hilarious the Ciel one, with icecream flavours all over the place.

And even then, I don't really see the whole "Shiki and Arihiko are totally gay for each other" more than I saw the "Shirou and Archer are gay for each other". It was fun the first time it was done in either let's play. The rest of the time, though...

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ice cream? It wouldve been funny if he took curry bread, but this...

Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Ice cream? It wouldve been funny if he took curry bread, but this...
    "...... Her well-developed, soft-looking dinner rolls.
    Her bare, white dough entices me. I can almost smell its lasciviousness.

My heart explodes with excitement.
    I know I shouldn't look---but her voluptuous dough captivates both my mind and my eyes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I know I shouldn't look---but her voluptuous dough captivates both my mind and my eyes.
    Careful. Don't want that in your eyes. Might get salmonella.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Just one thing on my defense. The h-scenes were promoted by different types of food. I found specially hilarious the Ciel one, with icecream flavours all over the place.
    That was literally the only good thing about that LP.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Exactly.

Spoiler:

Who stole my donuts!? Leo Novum's Avatar
    Excuse me, I am new to BL but I think this is the place where you suggest new fanfic ideas so I will take a brave step into this world of madness and propose my idea.

What if a True Ancestor and a human had a kid together (I recall there is at least one example that happened according to the wiki) and that kid remained well hidden. A few years later, now that his father is dead, he accidentally blows his cover. This causes almost all of the 27 DAA to pull him into their politics with several wanting to kill him while the others revering him. The power struggle also causes the Church to panic, causing Executors to join the fray.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's the point?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Novum View Post
    Excuse me, I am new to BL but I think this is the place where you suggest new fanfic ideas so I will take a brave step into this world of madness and propose my idea.

What if a True Ancestor and a human had a kid together (I recall there is at least one example that happened according to the wiki) and that kid remained well hidden. A few years later, now that his father is dead, he accidentally blows his cover. This causes almost all of the 27 DAA to pull him into their politics with several wanting to kill him while the others revering him. The power struggle also causes the Church to panic, causing Executors to join the fray.
    And it also looks kinda stupid as an idea. As Buster said, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Novum View Post

This seems like a very incomplete idea. My answer would be that either the church and the MA kills the poor lad, or he is powerful enough to warrant an answer from the Counter Force and will be killed by inmorta killbots. At least with what you said.

If you explain more your set up, we could help you better.

Spoiler: