Page 3178 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 217826783078312831683173317631773178317931803183318832283278 ... LastLast
Results 63,541 to 63,560 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    A storm NP feels like a weird thing to give to Genghis Khan of all people because the Mongols were quite specifically afraid of storms. And Temujin himself had a particular fear of dogs, too, interestingly enough.
    It could fit, given the legend where he and his army were fighting in the middle of a storm and lightning 'miraculously' avoided them.

Blog Entries
    So I was thinking of some scenes to write in one of my fics and one of them is the final confrontation at the end. It's a fight between

Spoiler:
    A Scáthach-certified and empowered Bazett, Cú Chulainn, and a very overpowered Einzbern homunculus vs a Dead Apostle Ancestor empowered Arturia Alter, Medusa, the Dead Apostle Ancestor itself, and a ton of the Ancestor's familiars where Celtchar mac Uthidir and Ferdiad mac Damain are both summoned by Scáthach as back-up. Long story short Bazz and Co., despite their efforts, end up losing and are all killed, which their deaths pave the way for the next part of the story where the magi world is eventually plunged into a Sixth Holy Grail War that involves a lot of players. Fast forward to the end of the end where it's everyone vs the Ancestor, even more than a ton of the Ancestor's familiars, 'rogue' Servants, and a few Demons.

Considering the stakes and scale of the battle, would it be even dumber to say that the Counterforce finally got off its ass and summoned some Counter Guardians to avert an early death of the World? With Bazett and EMIYA being two of them? The reasoning I have for Bazett being one is that 1) she wanted to see a certain someone again, even if it was a very slim chance 2) at that point in the story (her death) she could be considered Heroic Spirit material mainly due to Scáthach's training.

I don't see why not, yeah?

Dunno, just going through random ideas.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    She doesn't have it in GO and her profile specifically mentions

So yeah, things seem to point that as an actual HS she still wouldn't get it.
    That is until Grand Saber is introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    A storm NP feels like a weird thing to give to Genghis Khan of all people because the Mongols were quite specifically afraid of storms. And Temujin himself had a particular fear of dogs, too, interestingly enough.
    [insert History of Japan clip where mongols died in a tornado]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's almost like God was trying to actively impede on the Mongolians' success but couldn't get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Karna still gets to use his armor despite losing it in his myth.

Saber should be able to use Avalon, but just loses it when she activates Excalibur like Karna when he activates his spear.
    I don't think Karna used VS in the nasu version of his myth, iirc Gil is suppose to mention something in CCC about not being able to find VS's original in GOB because of Karna never using it in his legend.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    It's almost like God was trying to actively impede on the Mongolians' success but couldn't get the job done.
    Some Mongalians claimed he was the incarnation of the Sky Farther in physical form so... maybe?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    She doesn't have it in GO and her profile specifically mentions

So yeah, things seem to point that as an actual HS she still wouldn't get it.
    Have we seen instances where NPs still present in the modern age are duplicated by the summoning system? More accurate, NPs that haven't lost their mystery (Not sure if Gray's Rhon qualifies)
    Last edited by Owlz; September 24th, 2016 at 04:13 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    [insert History of Japan clip where mongols died in a tornado]
    ~sunrise laaaaaaand~
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It could fit, given the legend where he and his army were fighting in the middle of a storm and lightning 'miraculously' avoided them.
    That might've been where the version in the first CAS thread got the idea. I'm still doing some research on him to get ideas so it's all a bit nebulous at this point. I might end up dropping the storm angle entirely in the end.

As for the NP question I had I may as well just say it, it's not like the readers are going to have too hard a time figuring it out. I'm asking because I'm planning to have Arturia summoned as Lancer - not like the Grand Order version of her (as near as I can tell, that version of her is from an alternate timeline) but just her Saber version with a different outfit suited to fighting from horseback and wielding Rhongomyniad instead of Excalibur. I'd rather not take the easy way out and have the lance act as the summoning catalyst (thereby bypassing there effectively being two versions of Rhon existing at the same time). I can resort to that if need be - this is going to be set about seventy years after FSN, after all, so anything could've happened to Gray and the lance in the meantime - but I'd rather not.

At least adapting Rhon's role as a metaphysical anchor is easy enough to change to fit with Shadowrun. For those not familiar with the game; Shadowrun's world goes through a cycle of magic waxing and waning, each period measured in millennia with the latest resurgence of magic having started on December 21st 2012. All I need to do is, instead of Rhon acting as the anchor between the two sides of the world, it acts as the axle on which that cycle rotates. Fits with Shadowrun's magic and lets it effectively keep the same role it has in the Nasuverse.

EDIT: Although, as mentioned above, Arturia's state as an incomplete Heroic Spirit does raise some other issues. I guess they could be handwaved by the fact that Rhon's quite literally within arm's reach of her at the point she's summoned from (even if there is about 70-odd kilos of dead armoured homunculus stuck to it). One other issue is more its state as an actual lance; as far as I know, lances were something you could only really use on the charge with mundane lances breaking off in their targets or otherwise being discarded before switching to a sword or eventually falling back to get another. Rhon wouldn't break, of course, but it would be awkward to use when you've got a fully-armoured soldier hanging off the business end. But I wondered; since Rhongomyniad is probably older than the very concept of a Lance, it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that it could change its form into something more versatile if necessary, like a spear.

I'm also tempted to ditch that whole "13 seals" thing since I can't think of enough conditions for them that make sense and was going to be changing its blast anyway. Frankly, their presence always just felt like a cheap mythology gag to Fate/Prototype anyway.
    Last edited by Shadow88; September 24th, 2016 at 10:01 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    GO-exclusive Servants are summoned under the FATE summoning system, which is based on but different from the Fuyuki grail system. So technically you can't summon Lancer Artoria without FATE, but if you feel like ignoring that then it probably won't be a deal-breaker for your audience. That said, GO's Saber builds off the implication that Saber becomes a true Heroic Spirit after UBW True, so summoning an aspect of that Saber as a Lancer would probably work out. The appearance you could probably just handwave as author fiat then or something.

As for your NP question, I dunno lol. I would assume that you can have two copies of the same NP at a time - the original and the version that comes with the Servant - but there's never been a situation where that came up. Since a Noble Phantasm is an embodiment of a Servant and their legend, it wouldn't make sense for a Servant not known for losing their stuff like Saber to be summoned without a relevant NP to their class. For example, if someone had Gae Bolg and summoned Lancer Cu, I don't believe that Cu would pop up without his Noble Phantasm.

As for Rhongomyniad not being spearlike, ehh, does it matter? Servants are SEE THE INVISIBLE DO THE IMPOSSIBLE types, so turning an awkward weapon into a deadly one seems right up their alley.

And c'mon man, don't ditch the seals right after we got half of them! Though you could probably get away with not mentioning them explicitly if you had to given that Proto-Excalibur is EX while Saber's is only A++, meaning that they're truly different as opposed to just reskins.
    canon finish apo vol 3

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    GO-exclusive Servants are summoned under the FATE summoning system, which is based on but different from the Fuyuki grail system. So technically you can't summon Lancer Artoria without FATE, but if you feel like ignoring that then it probably won't be a deal-breaker for your audience. That said, GO's Saber builds off the implication that Saber becomes a true Heroic Spirit after UBW True, so summoning an aspect of that Saber as a Lancer would probably work out. The appearance you could probably just handwave as author fiat then or something.

As for your NP question, I dunno lol. I would assume that you can have two copies of the same NP at a time - the original and the version that comes with the Servant - but there's never been a situation where that came up. Since a Noble Phantasm is an embodiment of a Servant and their legend, it wouldn't make sense for a Servant not known for losing their stuff like Saber to be summoned without a relevant NP to their class. For example, if someone had Gae Bolg and summoned Lancer Cu, I don't believe that Cu would pop up without his Noble Phantasm.

As for Rhongomyniad not being spearlike, ehh, does it matter? Servants are SEE THE INVISIBLE DO THE IMPOSSIBLE types, so turning an awkward weapon into a deadly one seems right up their alley.

And c'mon man, don't ditch the seals right after we got half of them! Though you could probably get away with not mentioning them explicitly if you had to given that Proto-Excalibur is EX while Saber's is only A++, meaning that they're truly different as opposed to just reskins.

Well I figure I can handwave some other summoning oddities by the fact that the Grail powering this war is altered/rebuilt/changed/etc (I'm still working out the details) from the one in Fuyuki - after UBW, the Association dismantled the ritual and I've explained its return by someone stealing all the important documents and items that were stored at the Clock Tower during the chaos of the Crash (an event in the Shadowrun timeline that was basically the entire Internet dying all at once) and rebuilding it in Seattle. Was going to have it housed under the Renraku Arcology, but it turns out that the place has been turned into a public housing project and the shopping centre re-opened since the whole mess with Deus (that's a long story - think what SHODAN did in System Shock 1, only even worse). So much for an empty space the size of a small city for the Servants to really cut loose inside. Then again; I already have at least one megacorp involved (one of the other Masters is a Horizon exec) so it wouldn't be impossible for them to clear the place out for the duration of the War.

And I guess you're right about Rhon's form; Arturia used it to kill Mordred on foot, guess she can work with that. I'm thinking that she wouldn't be a true Heroic Spirit yet in this either; I figure that state would only end once she actually claims the Grail. Plus this way I know for certain that she'd have memories of the 4th and 5th Wars. I'm not sure if the Throne of Heroes would let her keep those memories after accepting her soul fully. It could, sure, but this way feels simpler.

As for the seals; is there a list of some of them around? I've only seen a few that were listed on Excalibur Prototype's page on the Type Moon wiki. I was actually going to change the nature of its blast, though; basically where the size of the blast was directly proportional to what it was hitting and what Arturia considered as her "target" - so if she'd been using Rhon against Rider after their little race in Fate/Zero, the blast would've only destroyed a small section of road around the Ghordius Wheel rather than obliterating everything between her and the next corner in the road, so that might lessen the need for the seals (less risk of collateral damage).

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow88 View Post
    As for the seals; is there a list of some of them around? I've only seen a few that were listed on Excalibur Prototype's page on the Type Moon wiki.
    Here's 6 of them.
    canon finish apo vol 3

不死 Undead
    Ah, thank you. See; I'd never have thought of that one about Elementals, and I'm sure the self-interest one would've never occurred to me. I might keep the seals, but have fewer than 13 and link them with how large a target the blast can destroy in one shot. So with one seal opened you could take out something about the size of Heracles but the destructive field wouldn't expand beyond that. Sure; it would've screwed over the Ghordius Wheel still, taking a Heracles-sized chunk out of it, but it would've done bugger-all to Gilles de Rais' monstrosity. I've no idea where the max size of the blast would cap out to with all of the seals opened, but I'm still not sure if she'd ever need something that destructive at this stage; none of the Servants I've planned would be able to create anything big and powerful enough to warrant a full-bore blast. I was actually considering having Vortigern as Berserker precisely for that, but then I realised that if I gave him an ability that let him turn into a dragon; the world as a whole would freak out about a new dragon appearing out of nowhere and that proper Great Dragons, like Lofwyr and Hestaby, probably wouldn't be too happy about a dragon none of them have even heard of suddenly cropping up in Seattle (all of the Great Dragons would've been in hibernation since long before the Roman Empire, so they'd have been asleep when Vortigern went scaly on Arturia and Gawain).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is she always that bouncy?
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is she always that bouncy?
    well
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

不死 Undead
    What's that from, anyway? Saw it in the thread Rafflesiac linked me to as well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    K Project
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Jesus Christ, K

I thought they were bad about it in season 1.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Hmm… I'm running into the significant difficulty of not being able to write Fiore accurately because I haven't read any of Apocrypha except for impromptu jaw surgery and the twenty-six-year-overdue confiscation of Celenike's head. Her body doesn't deserve it.

I mean, her Servant is fine, I've done a completely original Galahad, but I so desperately want to write Fiore, but the most I can do is have her commiserating over her lack of tech expertise with Rin, despite still being giddy about just owning a cell phone. I suppose Caules will have only just bought it for her. Maybe she can get helplessly stuck inside her Internet app, with no hope of finding her way back to the home screen.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.