Page 3238 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 223827383138318832283233323632373238323932403243324832883338 ... LastLast
Results 64,741 to 64,760 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Plus, wasn't it said that if Arturia had died and been summoned as a normal Heroic Spirit, she would be summoned as a man, as that is what the legend depicts?
    No, that was never said.

That being said you could use Proto Arthur and just say to anyone who complains that you like him better and that's perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSarcasm View Post
    The Fate/Zero anime was great, let's try to capture some of that maturity.
    Hmmm yes i see

Blog Entries
    'War of the Seven Kings'
    Why not just do a Fate/Apc Fake Grail War where seven kings are summoned in their strongest class containers and duke it out?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. While the idea is certainly interesting, some of the suggestions seem a bit dated. Does the OP realize that Ramses, King Hassan and Solomon have all been done in canon already?

Not to say one can't go with an original take anyways, of course.

I prefer making your own take if necessary to the story. Also, opening HUGE can of worms angle? Do want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hmm. While the idea is certainly interesting, some of the suggestions seem a bit dated. Does the OP realize that Ramses, King Hassan and Solomon have all been done in canon already?

Not to say one can't go with an original take anyways, of course.
    I am aware of the Servants that have been done already. Most of my knowledge of the Nasuverse comes from the wiki, as the only games that I have been able to get to work are Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. However, some of the character designs rub me the wrong way. Ramses lived to be over 90 and was characterized by an unprecedentedly long reign, yet he appears as a young clean-shaven bishounen shirtless man. Hassan was a charismatic leader who created a cult-like following of assassins to fight for him, but instead of his powers and appearance reflecting this, he appears as an armored death knight out of World of Warcraft and has Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

Personally I haven't been a fan of some of the design choices that have been made recently. It feels to me that rather than working to expand the lore and create new characters and personalities, the game producers have been releasing what will sell. Saber being a female version of King Arthur was a big twist when it came out, but by current count there are now 22 gender-swapped Heroic Spirits (including variants of the original Saber). Jack the Ripper has been turned into a pale waif clad in little more than underwear! EMIYA/Shirou and Iskandar being able to utilize Reality Marbles was supposed to be amazing, but now there are about a dozen Heroic Spirits that use them.

So really, I'd like to avoid to stick too closely to the more recent releases.

Blog Entries
    It feels to me that rather than working to expand the lore and create new characters and personalities, the game producers have been releasing what will sell.
    That's how it's always been. Welcome to... the world?

Speaking of Jack, she's a phantom made of all the orphans left around the Whitechapel district of London. There's also another Jack (under the Berserker class) that's a immaterial phantom that can change his appearance at will. Both of these play off the mystery behind his identity in different, and, arguably, unique ways.

Someone else can answer the rest, I'm too lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the explanations behind the Servants and tons of other information about the Fate Universe are in Fate/stay night the VN. What with it being a primary source, and all.

JP Friend Code
    Yeah Fate has degenerated into such a cheap sell-out franchise. I miss the old glory days with S&M club girl Medusa and elf mage Medea

Blog Entries
    muscular hot guys in spandex

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whats impressive about Iskandar is that its a shared Reality Marble.

It's the proof of his power of friendship and a feat still not replicated in the universe so far.

The closest thing is his Rival's Skelly Army and Medb magical womb.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    I mean, i'm not saying anything that isn't obvious, but i feel like more than being impressive those two Reality Marbles are just great arguments in it itself between the characters.

EMIYA reveals his Reality Marble to show Shirou "here your shitty world" and Iskandar is using his reality marble to wave his ideological dick to Arthuria's face.

I don't believe Reality Marbles are particularly unique, a bunch of DAA have one, and at least in every Fate work shown so far has a servant with one or an ability close to it. It's more that on storytelling, more than any other magical technique they have, a Reality Marble should be something that crystallizes the essence of the character in one big setpiece.

It's just a useful storytelling tool. You want to double down on a character principal? make an entire world based around that principle.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Also, rando off the street Satsuki is top tier DA material AND has Realty Marble, that's "worse" than heroes-who-saved-world getting a power like that.

Blog Entries
    Is Depletion Garden supposed to symbolize Type Moon inability of releasing a game with her route

However, some of the character designs rub me the wrong way.

Personally I haven't been a fan of some of the design choices that have been made recently. It feels to me that rather than working to expand the lore and create new characters and personalities, the game producers have been releasing what will sell.

So really, I'd like to avoid to stick too closely to the more recent releases.
    I know how you feel. Personally, I prefer the servants to either look monstrous, intimidating and/or at least look like they came from the era they live in. Sometimes I cringe looking at the new servants TM comes up with after a new singularity arrives.
    Last edited by shikyo21; March 3rd, 2017 at 06:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Must be tough only liking Heracles in the OG Fate work.

Blog Entries
    Hey. Hassan's monstrous, Sasaki's period-appropriate. Archer's fashion is workably near-future and Saber's not bad for evoking the spirit of the Arthurian mythos which has been so sculpted by the Morte.

Cú depends on if you're willing to take the jumpsuit in place of bodypaint; Rider and Gil are totally out of it; Caster is just yaaaaaaaaaay general witch aesthetic.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Sasaki's period-appropriate
    ehhhhhhh if he were a dude he ought to be wearing a brighter color and he's definitely wearing a more modern kimono-styled sleeve rather than the kosode of that period

/super weebing

- - - Updated - - -

Basically the same popularist image of Kojirou as with Arthur

JP Friend Code
    Kojirou is literally Gakupo pls don't do this to yourselves

マリーの味方
    I am aware of the Servants that have been done already. Most of my knowledge of the Nasuverse comes from the wiki
    don't write fan fiction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Kojirou is literally Gakupo pls don't do this to yourselves
    Other way around, I think.