Page 3268 of 3332 FirstFirst ... 22682768316832183258326332663267326832693270327332783318 ... LastLast
Results 65,341 to 65,360 of 66639

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

  1. #65341
    The Moe Lion Draconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    A man-shaped box
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,427
    US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    18
    Well said, Royd. But the thing is, the most brilliantly introspective answer wouldn’t impress Leo anyway, because that’s not what he wants. He’s just being mean to new users because he’s been here longer, his word carries weight which he can abuse, and ultimately, his behaviour is indicative of someone who wants to be an exquisitely articulate schoolyard bully.

    and from your analogy about the ramp and the wood Leo, all I got out of that thing was that no one should write anything ever because it’s a given that it will fail.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Arashi might be appeased by a good answer, but ‘how’ is still the better question. Like Royd said people submitting ideas are just trying to tell quaint, shallow stories. It’s not like any of your work is particularly emotionally or intellectually stimulating Arashi. You write very well, but it’s still stories being written for their own sake. Why should other people need to have more demanded of them?

    My apologies if that sounds aggressive, Arashi. It’s not my intention at all to criticize you, I honestly just want people who submit their ideas to be more comfortable here. You’re a really good writer, you could give some fantastic advice if you just allowed people to keep their ideas instead of challenging them.
    Last edited by Draconic; November 21st, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

    I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.


    Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

  2. #65342
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,798
    Honestly, I'd say "why" is an extremely important important question in storytelling. Why are you telling this story, and why are you telling it this way?
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

  3. #65343
    You know, I think it's amazing we as a species have evolved to the level of abstract thought where we can talk about the implicit whys of a why of a piece of fiction that doesn't exist inspired by a piece of fiction that does.

  4. #65344
    The Moe Lion Draconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    A man-shaped box
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,427
    US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    18
    I can’t tell whether Snow is in favour of this, finds it distasteful, or is just messing with us.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

    I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.


    Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

  5. #65345
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,875
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Honestly, I'd say "why" is an extremely important important question in storytelling. Why are you telling this story, and why are you telling it this way?
    to add onto this
    i think asking why is very important, especially in something as self indulgent as writing anime porn fanfiction
    If you honestly wrote for the fun of it or because you thought the idea was interesting, you would never post it online for others to read nor feel it necessary
    the very act of putting it online means there's something you want to tell and finding what you want to tell someone is very important because if you're writing a story without knowing what and why you want to communicate that thing or those things, what you say isn't going to reach the intended audience
    and if no one understands what you're trying to say, then why even share it in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  6. #65346
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I can’t tell whether Snow is in favour of this, finds it distasteful, or is just messing with us.
    I am, as always, an ambassador of good fun and good times.

  7. #65347
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    to add onto this
    i think asking why is very important, especially in something as self indulgent as writing anime porn fanfiction
    If you honestly wrote for the fun of it or because you thought the idea was interesting, you would never post it online for others to read nor feel it necessary
    the very act of putting it online means there's something you want to tell and finding what you want to tell someone is very important because if you're writing a story without knowing what and why you want to communicate that thing or those things, what you say isn't going to reach the intended audience
    and if no one understands what you're trying to say, then why even share it in the first place?
    Because writing something that you find it fun and posting it up in the hope that someone else will find it fun is apparently impossible??? The idea that you must know exactly how your audience is supposed to take something before you write at all strikes me as kind of silly IMO. You wouldn't apply that standard to any other creative medium (did Mozart worry about how people would receive his symphonies before he wrote them?).

  8. #65348
    Hey to be fair posting an idea in this thread implies you wanting or at least being okay with a bit of a brainstorm. Which is why personally I don't think it's much helpful in most cases for something as your usual fanfic, but if it helps some people...

  9. #65349
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    "Type-Moon Fanfic Brainstorm Idea Thread"
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  10. #65350
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    "Type-Moon Fanfic Brainstorm Idea Thread"
    I mean, that pretty much is assumed. If people's ideas were already perfectly complete there'd be no point in posting them here.

  11. #65351
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,875
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Because writing something that you find it fun and posting it up in the hope that someone else will find it fun is apparently impossible??? The idea that you must know exactly how your audience is supposed to take something before you write at all strikes me as kind of silly IMO. You wouldn't apply that standard to any other creative medium (did Mozart worry about how people would receive his symphonies before he wrote them?).
    Yes. That's why when people say "I did it for the lolz" they never did it for the "lolz.". Saying you're posting something "for fun" is p much lying to yourself or just being ignorant of why you actually did it.
    Or when people say "I randomly just did Y", you didn't randomly do Y, you actually put thought into doing Y and have a reason.
    If you're going to post something because you think someone else will think it's "fun" then you have to ask yourself why you think it's fun in the first place.
    The very act of saying "I hope other people will see it" means you want to elicit something.
    It can be something as simple as "I think this pairing is cute," "I think character A in situation B is compelling BECAUSE xyz"

    That's exaggerating my point.
    If you don't know what you're trying to say with your piece, then there's no way the audience will know what you're trying to communicate.
    If you're writing something to communicate something to your audience, then you should do your due diligence and know what you're trying to say before posting it. This involves asking yourself why you're writing this and what you are trying to say.
    Whether the audience gets it or not is a different story. But to even start communicating you need to know what you want to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  12. #65352
    そうじゃろそうじゃろ Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Azur Lane
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Because writing something that you find it fun and posting it up in the hope that someone else will find it fun is apparently impossible??? The idea that you must know exactly how your audience is supposed to take something before you write at all strikes me as kind of silly IMO.
    They're supposed to take it as something fun, is what I'm getting here
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

  13. #65353
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Yes. That's why when people say "I did it for the lolz" they never did it for the "lolz.". Saying you're posting something "for fun" is p much lying to yourself or just being ignorant of why you actually did it.
    Or when people say "I randomly just did Y", you didn't randomly do Y, you actually put thought into doing Y and have a reason.
    If you're going to post something because you think someone else will think it's "fun" then you have to ask yourself why you think it's fun in the first place.
    The very act of saying "I hope other people will see it" means you want to elicit something.
    It can be something as simple as "I think this pairing is cute," "I think character A in situation B is compelling BECAUSE xyz"

    That's exaggerating my point.
    If you don't know what you're trying to say with your piece, then there's no way the audience will know what you're trying to communicate.
    If you're writing something to communicate something to your audience, then you should do your due diligence and know what you're trying to say before posting it. This involves asking yourself why you're writing this and what you are trying to say.
    Whether the audience gets it or not is a different story. But to even start communicating you need to know what you want to say.
    ...I'll bite and pull a Leo DA.

    Yeah sure, but what if you don't have a greater message or theme to tell?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  14. #65354
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Yes. That's why when people say "I did it for the lolz" they never did it for the "lolz.". Saying you're posting something "for fun" is p much lying to yourself or just being ignorant of why you actually did it.
    Or when people say "I randomly just did Y", you didn't randomly do Y, you actually put thought into doing Y and have a reason.
    If you're going to post something because you think someone else will think it's "fun" then you have to ask yourself why you think it's fun in the first place.
    The very act of saying "I hope other people will see it" means you want to elicit something.
    It can be something as simple as "I think this pairing is cute," "I think character A in situation B is compelling BECAUSE xyz"

    That's exaggerating my point.
    If you don't know what you're trying to say with your piece, then there's no way the audience will know what you're trying to communicate.
    If you're writing something to communicate something to your audience, then you should do your due diligence and know what you're trying to say before posting it. This involves asking yourself why you're writing this and what you are trying to say.
    Whether the audience gets it or not is a different story. But to even start communicating you need to know what you want to say.
    Past a certain point (which for most people is usually "because it's fun/interesting"), one's reasons for writing something are going to boil down to subconscious inclinations tied up with early childhood/genetics or some shit. Obviously it can be productive to ask "why", but you shouldn't necessarily expect an immediate answer, nor should you feel like you have to refuse to proceed in the absence of such an answer.

    I agree that it's ignorance in a certain sense, but I disagree that it's dishonest or even necessarily something to correct.

  15. #65355
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,875
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    ...I'll bite and pull a Leo DA.

    Yeah sure, but what if you don't have a greater message or theme to tell?
    there's always a message whether it be "I think a sex scene between this person and this person would be really hot let me show it to you" or "I want to show off this character in this situation because of ...." or "I want to explore this character's past because A was referenced"
    just because the message is simple doesn't mean its not there
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  16. #65356
    What if I just want to wank but then actually post it for the off chance people give me compliments, another thing I want?

  17. #65357
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    there's always a message whether it be "I think a sex scene between this person and this person would be really hot let me show it to you" or "I want to show off this character in this situation because of ...." or "I want to explore this character's past because A was referenced"
    just because the message is simple doesn't mean its not there
    Okay, and if there isn't?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  18. #65358
    Hair of the Dog Five_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontariariario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24,673
    JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    36
    No, you see, pornographic internet anime fanfiction must truly say something about the nature of the human condition, about that which binds us all in the trials and tribulations of society, a psychological appeal to the deeper conscience which will, undoubtedly, stand the test of time.

    or just write something you like and think maybe other people will, also, like
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

  19. #65359
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Okay, and if there isn't?
    Presumably You would say there's always a theme of some kind, even if its not consciously elucidated. In a certain sense I agree, in that a writer's philosophy and life experiences are inevitably going to bleed into their work even if they don't consciously intend for that to happen. It's the same problem with trying to make something "apolitical".

  20. #65360
    Hair of the Dog Five_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontariariario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24,673
    JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Presumably You would say there's always a theme of some kind, even if its not consciously elucidated. In a certain sense I agree, in that a writer's philosophy and life experiences are inevitably going to bleed into their work even if they don't consciously intend for that to happen. It's the same problem with trying to make something "apolitical".
    Truthfully, I write porn of Joan of Arc because of my repressed teenage years as an edgy atheist and my childhood experiences in rural, evangelist communities, and channel that anger towards religion through to the figures within it which receive special veneration - who thereby act as a substitute for emotions that can't be made manifest in real life.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •