Page 3269 of 3332 FirstFirst ... 22692769316932193259326432673268326932703271327432793319 ... LastLast
Results 65,361 to 65,380 of 66639

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

  1. #65361
    そうじゃろそうじゃろ Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Azur Lane
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,456
    I always ask myself "why" before I try to translate a thing on a whim because I find the answer usually isn't "I will get paid for it" and then I decide not to do that thing
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

  2. #65362
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,175
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Okay, and if there isn't?
    If you don't know why you want characters to bang then honestly what are you doing
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  3. #65363
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Truthfully, I write porn of Joan of Arc because of my repressed teenage years as an edgy atheist and my childhood experiences in rural, evangelist communities, and channel that anger towards religion through to the figures within it which receive special veneration, thereby acting as a substitute for emotions that can't be made manifest in real life.
    I'm not a Freudian, I don't think the answers would be anyway near as easy or pat. But it'd be silly to deny that a writer's life and philosophy have any influence on their work at all.

  4. #65364
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    If you don't know why you want characters to bang then honestly what are you doing
    Imma be real with you specifically because it does concern you about a certain pairing: because I want to see these two characters find bliss together and show how they stumble their way towards that.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  5. #65365
    Hair of the Dog Five_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontariariario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24,673
    JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm not a Freudian, I don't think the answers would be anyway near as easy or pat. But it'd be silly to deny that a writer's life and philosophy have any influence on their work at all.
    For sure, but I'm going to be honest here when I say you can't find any of my personal philosophy in that brief fanfic contest entry I wrote about Saint Martha getting busy in a confessional booth.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

  6. #65366
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Truthfully, I write porn of Joan of Arc because of my repressed teenage years as an edgy atheist and my childhood experiences in rural, evangelist communities, and channel that anger towards religion through to the figures within it which receive special veneration - who thereby act as a substitute for emotions that can't be made manifest in real life.
    neon genesis evangelion?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  7. #65367
    I want to have the arts fucking sciences in the ass so I ship da Vinci and Roman.

  8. #65368
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    For sure, but I'm going to be honest here when I say you can't find any of my personal philosophy in that brief fanfic contest entry I wrote about Saint Martha getting busy in a confessional booth.
    Bless your soul, Five.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  9. #65369
    Hair of the Dog Five_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontariariario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24,673
    JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    neon genesis evangelion?
    No crucifixes were harmed in the making of this production.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

  10. #65370
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,175
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Imma be real with you specifically because it does concern you about a certain pairing: because I want to see these two characters find bliss together and show how they stumble their way towards that.
    This is the point of the exercise, though, right? Because once you ask this question to yourself and answer it, then it naturally leads you to, for example, 'what common points would be bliss,' and asking why has allowed you to approach how.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I want to have the arts fucking sciences in the ass so I ship da Vinci and Roman.
    He doesn't even do science, Gudako just asks him to google things while she's busy
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  11. #65371
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,529
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    No, you see, pornographic internet anime fanfiction must truly say something about the nature of the human condition, about that which binds us all in the trials and tribulations of society, a psychological appeal to the deeper conscience which will, undoubtedly, stand the test of time.

    or just write something you like and think maybe other people will, also, like
    Well then you wrote it because you wanted people to like what you like.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  12. #65372
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    neon genesis evangelion?
    I'm tilted by people misinterpreting Evangelion's relationship with religion. Why can't everyone think exactly like me???

  13. #65373
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,875
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Past a certain point (which for most people is usually "because it's fun/interesting"), one's reasons for writing something are going to boil down to subconscious inclinations tied up with early childhood/genetics or some shit. Obviously it can be productive to ask "why", but you shouldn't necessarily expect an immediate answer, nor should you feel like you have to refuse to proceed in the absence of such an answer.

    I agree that it's ignorance in a certain sense, but I disagree that it's dishonest or even necessarily something to correct.
    from the previous discussion no one is expecting an immediate answer though.
    Leo just said that asking yourself why is probably one of the best questions you can ask yourself, and that's it.
    You're the one saying that it's a weird and unhelpful question.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I second that 'why' does seem like a sort of weird and unhelpful question. Pretty sure the answer for most people would just be "because it's fun" or "because it seemed interesting".
    Also you're the one saying one shouldn't keep asking why because eventually you won't get an answer. Like no one mentioned it or saying continuously asking why at every detail is a good idea, you brought it up when Leo said that you can ask yourself why something is fun or interesting. Which is a very valid point.

    I do think its something to correct though. The more you know why you're writing something, the better you can convey that message. The better you get at conveying the message, the more people are going to get it.
    And if you didn't care about conveying the message in the first place, why even share it with people?

    I think you're looking at this "why" thing too binary. Like you either don't know why you're writing about something all, or you know exactly the reason why and you can't point to it.
    That's not the case, it's more of a spectrum. It's okay to not completely know why you're writing something, and sometimes writing can make you understand why. And then during proofreadings and editing you make it better to fit in what you now know.
    Therefore when you ask someone why it's not like "give me every single reason," it's more "give it some thought and give me a working theory" because this is literally an ideas thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  14. #65374
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,529
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    He doesn't even do science, Gudako just asks him to google things while she's busy
    Medicine though???
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  15. #65375
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,175
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I'm tilted by people misinterpreting Evangelion's relationship with religion. Why can't everyone think exactly like me???
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  16. #65376
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    This is the point of the exercise, though, right? Because once you ask this question to yourself and answer it, then it naturally leads you to, for example, 'what common points would be bliss,' and asking why has allowed you to approach how.
    Sure, but my grief comes of the connotation where You's appeared to deal with every story needing a theme or greater message.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  17. #65377
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    This is the point of the exercise, though, right? Because once you ask this question to yourself and answer it, then it naturally leads you to, for example, 'what common points would be bliss,' and asking why has allowed you to approach how.

    - - - Updated - - -


    He doesn't even do science, Gudako just asks him to google things while she's busy
    He's on the computer all day the yucky nerd, I bet he even knows what a scapula is.

  18. #65378
    https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,891
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Well then you wrote it because you wanted people to like what you like.
    Exactly why I wrote that piece of Mashu and Gudao. And it was the holidays so i was feeling festive.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)




  19. #65379
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,875
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Okay, and if there isn't?
    show me something that you think doesn't have that
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  20. #65380
    そうじゃろそうじゃろ Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Azur Lane
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,456
    On You's tombstone it will read

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •