Page 3276 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22762776317632263266327132743275327632773278328132863326 ... LastLast
Results 65,501 to 65,520 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Lemon contest had the most interest and thread activity
    unethical
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    i live for that passion
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Yeah. My first idea for a "Fate" fic was a *sigh* Grail War fic.
    Go ahead, you may laugh.
    Fate/Spiral is a Grail War Fic, so I have no reason to. That said, I'm hoping there won't be too much actual fighting, as I kind of want to focus on interaction between very different characters in a wide variety of situations. Such as what would happen if Atalanta ended up babysitting Mana Ryougi (hints at who her Master is). Or how Saber would react to meeting Atalanta, what with her being a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Lemon contest had the most interest and thread activity, Santa contests have been somewhat moderate in size, and Tanabata, which was my attempt to try branching out into themed contests, was the least active of them all.
    This does not fill my heart with rainbows.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Yeah. My first idea for a "Fate" fic was a *sigh* Grail War fic.
    Go ahead, you may laugh.
    try to find someone who's first idea for a fate fic wasn't a grail war.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    try to find someone who's first idea for a fate fic wasn't a grail war.
    <---------

Found a compromise for re-telling Shirou's story.

He got saved by Kiritsugu yes and he does spend time with the magus killer for a few days in the hospital. For a want a nail ensues when Shirou was taken into an orphanage hours before Kiritsugu arrive with the proper paperwork to adopt the child.

The idea is to allow Kiritsugu being that role model in his mind but the events that happen in-story after this is different than in canon.

As for the story I came up with this probably end up not being written but who knows new year coming soon I'll be more active in writing.
    Last edited by shikyo21; December 27th, 2017 at 08:39 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    My own head-stuff:

Cold Fates is never gonna be finished, despite all of the interesting shit I was gonna bring into it.
    FGO JP spoilers and other stuff, and just in case there's an outside chance that something ever gets me back to writing and I actually do that
    Outsiders and their local god (now foreigners, apparently) after the Grail looking for a way to punch through into our reality come face to face with their worst nightmare wearing fashionable gold, and Dresden meets a bloodsucking "vampire" who severely tests his ability to keep it in his pants and veins while offering him a chance to do his usual wannabe hero thing and save a young girl from a fate possibly worse than death.
    Dresden absolutely does not get his butt kicked by a sixteen year old girl, he & Kotomine team up to take on a team of baddies and their taken Servant (with obligatory "thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me" reference), and all the while he's trying to deal with a voice in his head who, while a lot more helpful, isn't going to be as polite as Lash was and take no for an answer.
    Bazett is possibly out there doing her usual ridiculous shit, Excalibur unlocks, and everybody's in a rush to find out why and how Herc is rampaging across the city, somehow in an even bigger fury than normal, and tearing open holes in reality with his bare hands.

F/GO stuff, just Servants sitting around in Chaldea being themselves, hijinks.

Early-Aylesbury ritual, Shiki (with the help of a completely neutral and non-partisan helper from Atlas) inserts himself into a politically & militarily tense situation, with the Church, MA & DAAs in a three-way standoff, with factions within each of them on the verge of outright warfare. Problem is, Shiki's glasses stopped being useful months ago, he's starting to see things through the blindfold, and he no longer gives a crap about playing nice with any of the factions. He wants to meet somebody before it's all over, and ain't no multi-thousand-year-old organisations, enchantments or beings getting in his way. A certain young vampire girl, however, is doing her usual thing, trying to corner this new interesting person she's come across, this odd young man who's neither interested in nor particularly afraid of all of these far more powerful beings, but she'll eventually have to decide what to do about the one person who actually stands a chance of awakening her sister at the very center of this sinister ritual.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    My own head-stuff:
    F/GO stuff, just Servants sitting around in Chaldea being themselves, hijinks.
    Hey, Eddyak, haven't you read my F/GO hijinx stuff? Gimme a few of the situations you're thinking of, and there's a very real chance of them happening.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I haven't actually read anything in Fanfic territory for a long while, tbh. I'll probably get back into it if I'm ever actually writing again, but I'll be sure to check out your stuff then.

As for the FGO stuff, it's been a year since I last remembered it. Lemme see if I can come up with some of it again and I'll hit you with a PM.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you kindly. No guarantees, but if any of them strikes a chord, I'll definitely give it my all.
    Oneshot timeframes range between four hours and one three months.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

I'm writing this story right now, and I've got a general map planned out. What's currently got me snagged is this: an Eight Servant. Servant Avenger. I realize I can't just shoe-horn it in, there has to be a legitimate reason that propels character development and the story. My current brainstorming result is that Avenger is summoned for reasons by Angra Mainyu, playing the long game by having a servant under Quasi-control.

I feel I need some more feedback. My fic is a crossover, and well, the MC is in the war for personal reasons.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Angra Mainyu doesn't have the agency to summon or control Servants, given that he's just black food dye in the wish juice in the Grail.

If you want someone to summon an Avenger, you can replace one of the canon Masters with an OC who's skilled enough to tweak the ritual to summon an Extra class. Though we've only seen founding families pull something like that off. You could also go with a Subcategory Grail War, where while the base ritual is based off the Fuyuki system, its creator may have modded it to allow Extra classes showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Hm...Well, I don't know if I can do either of those. Maybe a way around it would be a little tweak in Canon timeline, Shirou Emiya instead becomes the master of Caster. I'll need to make sure it's a reasonable tinker. There's a few other consequences in the crossover I am consider, things that throw off the rails by Chapter Three and Four is the reaction where everything changes. Especially in Zouken's accelerated time-table.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Also remember that there is an unused Master slot in HF5 that Medea takes up. If you're willing to put poor Kojiro on a bus you can just use that slot for MC's Servant.

You'd still need a handwave for an Avenger showing up but honestly who cares? Just say that the Einzbern fucked up when they made Angra Summonable. It's basically canon that if they do anything right it creates a Singularity and CG get deployed to correct the Timeline.
    Last edited by forumghost; December 31st, 2017 at 06:15 PM.

Yeah...trying not to over-complicate details. I think I'll go with my original idea. But there comes a thought that I have regarding some research I did on Berserker/Lancelot from F/Z. I think parameters are influenced more by the knowledge of the Masters rather than the output of prana between M-S. So, let's say Illya summons Lancelot, would his stats remain the same as in the previous war under Kariya or would they shift thanks to Illya's being his master?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The Einzberns definitely would not summon Lancelot. They wanted a Berserker who was unstoppable and unkillable, and they found it in Herc. If not him, they'd have gone for some other invulnerable-type hero, not somebody who could be wiped off the map with any old AoE NP.

Also, if they were desperate enough to summon him, he would definitely be a lot better than he was under Kariya, stat-wise. Mana is a big factor in Servants, and while you can get somebody with better luck and such by matching your Servant with a ompatible Master, when your guy can exist and move and fight only because of the mana you're giving him, the amount of mana you give them influences a lot.

But then, a Berserker isn't exactly somebody who regulated their mana usage, so maybe Lancelot would only be a little stronger & faster, but could go all day and night, who knows.
    Last edited by eddyak; December 31st, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    if they wanted someone invulnerable why did they summon a 4*
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Illya spent the two months before the Grail War grinding for his Bond CE. How was she supposed to know that Kirei had a Grailed Gil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    if they wanted someone invulnerable why did they summon a 4*
    The only better one they could've gotten was a 3*, and his attack damage is crap.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP