Page 3279 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22792779317932293269327432773278327932803281328432893329 ... LastLast
Results 65,561 to 65,580 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But lots of people use his name for their SI Edgelord Harem Masters, so he must be deserving of hate.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    He's my favorite character to come out of the Fate franchise, so I can't agree with that on any level.
    But he's only a decent character in UBW. In that he gets all snarky, but is also the perfect straight man for Tohsaka, but in Fate he's a misogynist and in HF, he's as interesting as a brick.

That said, I don't dislike him.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    The rise of "snark" as the only personality trait of value is a pox upon the world. I blame writers like Whedon.

I'm not going to have the misogynist argument again, and if you found him as interesting as a brick in HF, I don't know what to tell you.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Your hate-on for Shirou is stunning.
    I don't hate Shirou. Harboring hate for a fictional character is absurd and not worth my time or energy.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The rise of "snark" as the only personality trait of value is a pox upon the world. I blame writers like Whedon.

I'm not going to have the misogynist argument again, and if you found him as interesting as a brick in HF, I don't know what to tell you.
    …I… may have been exaggerating. All emotions have value, it's just entertainingly surprising to see Shirou get annoyed. He's so good natured so despite what else I know about him, it stays fresh.
    Shirou gets more interesting in HF as the story progresses, but not until he gets Archer's arm. I'll admit that at that point he gets more interesting at a steady pace.

Sorry, Imperial, I’ll admit I wasn’t really fair here.

I’m doing my best with him considering that he’s the male lead in my fic. I thought he sounded a bit like he did in the Fate route, despite this being post-UBW… see, Saber makes him feel a bit imasculated here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Chaos Spiral, Chapter 2 View Post

Open for Preview
    “Saber, carry Shirou. I can at least outrun a car that isn’t chasing me, so all I have to do is not be seen.”

“Very well, that seems a reasonable enough approach to this predicament,” Saber agreed.

“Wait, what?!”

Shirou, it seemed, was somewhat less enthused. Sure, he was all for playing the knight, but no way in hell was he going to play the damsel… never again.

Saber abruptly grabbed him underneath his arms and threw him over her shoulder. He lost sight of Rin moments later.

“I don’t approve of this.”

“You can discipline me—if you truly deem that necessary—once we’re no longer at risk of being caught by the local law enforcement.”

Discipline King Arthur? …no, Shirou thought, that was not something he could do in good conscience…or with a straight face, apparently, and he turned a chuckle into a cough at the last moment.

“Are you alright, Shirou?” she asked, leaping right to the top of a two-story building.

“No. I’m being carried like a sack of potatoes by a girl who’s shorter than me.”

“I’m physically stronger than you. The fact that I happen to be a woman is irrelevant. And in regards to your analogy, be grateful that I am the one carrying you, and not Gawain… The potatoes he touched all suffered a fate worse than death.”

Shirou didn’t know how to respond to any of that, so he gave up, and resigned himself to being carried home by the King of Knights.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Continuing from my earlier post, I simply believe that there are better, more potentially interesting stories to write than Shirou's (which is all but concluded at the end of each of his respective routes).

Most everything afterwards the events of F/sn is just fluff or boring, unnecessary pandering in my eyes. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not my cup of tea. Usually. Similarly, inserting him into orifices he really has no real business or bearing being in or a part of... (etc. etc. I'm tired and probably failing to convey how I really feel about the matter, but,

Last edited by Historia; January 19th, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the UBW route has the most potential for continuation, since that has Shirou and Rin wandering the world and doing superhero stuff together. I could totally see them setting up some kind of detective agency and helping innocent people in cases where the muggle government would be of no help.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Eh, I doubt Rin would allow herself to be dragged around doing superhero stuff. She does have her own life, and her own goals, and such, and I really don't think she'd give all of that up. Most likely she'd take jobs now and then involving sealing baddies just so she can drag Shirou along, or somesuch.

And Shirou isn't really a misogynist, as much as it seems, I think. He's got a crush on Saber, and when he sees her getting the crap kicked out of her by Herc, he doesn't like that, and when she asks why he's objecting, the first thing puppy-love-struck stupid teenager brain comes up with is "uhh ur a grill and we menfolks is supposed to protect you, right?" More a product of culture and either trying to impress the crush or stop said crush from getting ripped to pieces.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He already displays those traits before he sees Herakles nearly kill Saber.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    When?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

That's hell you're talking into.

O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's not a misogynist, I was being aphoristic. Just meant he dies a few things that don't reflect well on him in regards to how he sees girls. It's not constantly happening after all.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you didn't, but that's one of Spoony's big things.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Don't mind me, just dropping in to say that Shirou is a good boi.

Dindu nuffin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    When?
    I went back, and it turns out I've been copy-pasting the same answers to this same question for the past SIX YEARS.

I selfishly tried hard in the beginning, thinking I couldn’t let a girl fight.
    (stay Night (I), Fate, Day 15)

…Well, the inheritance aside, it was Father's belief that girls should be protected.
    I don't go around telling people that like Father did, but I do believe he was right.
    (Waku-waku Fuji-Nee land, Fate, Day 5)

Also other stuff when she's just beaten up Lancer and Archer.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I think the UBW route has the most potential for continuation, since that has Shirou and Rin wandering the world and doing superhero stuff together. I could totally see them setting up some kind of detective agency and helping innocent people in cases where the muggle government would be of no help.
    For me, Fate Route has the most potential for continuation.

He's not attached to any living love interest and watching him grow stronger (especially with age and learning how to use RM from scratch is 20/30/40 years minimum; I want to see old man Shirou kicking ass) is more satisfying for me.

About love, He has Saber in his mind. An older person talking about how he fell in love once like Aemon Targaryen is what I want to read about.
    Last edited by shikyo21; January 20th, 2018 at 12:35 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    did someone say

old man emiya
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    did someone say

old man emiya
    And people say its a good thing that Shirou looks like that when he grows up.

smh

JP Friend Code
    he’s just going through his midlife crisis and made the terrible decision to let his boyfriend do his hair let him live