Page 3280 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22802780318032303270327532783279328032813282328532903330 ... LastLast
Results 65,581 to 65,600 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

WAIT

I just noticed there's a ponytail holy shit

EMIYA why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    he’s just going through his midlife crisis and made the terrible decision to let his boyfriend do his hair let him live
    Please don't associate Cu with that trash.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I went back, and it turns out I've been copy-pasting the same answers to this same question for the past SIX YEARS.

I selfishly tried hard in the beginning, thinking I couldn’t let a girl fight.
    (stay Night (I), Fate, Day 15)

…Well, the inheritance aside, it was Father's belief that girls should be protected.
    I don't go around telling people that like Father did, but I do believe he was right.
    (Waku-waku Fuji-Nee land, Fate, Day 5)

Also other stuff when she's just beaten up Lancer and Archer.
    I'm wondering where did Kiritsugu get those ideas about girls then, considering his use of Maiya and all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    WAIT

I just noticed there's a ponytail holy shit

EMIYA why

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't associate Cu with that trash.
    Looks more Nameless is associating with Raikou there. :P
    Last edited by warellis; January 20th, 2018 at 01:05 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Are you guys ready for the EMIYA hair job doujins

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I'm wondering where did Kiritsugu get those ideas about girls then, considering his use of Maiya and all?
    He probably taught them to Shirou in the hope he'd become a better man then he was.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Shirley, Natalia, Maiya, Iri... He cared for them all to one degree of another, and then he got them all killed. It's basically him trying to prevent Shirou from repeating his mistakes after the events of Zero broke him.

Blog Entries
    Clearly this means Taiga is best girl.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Clearly this means Taiga is best girl.
    She has luck higher than most Servants.
    of course she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    She has luck higher than most Servants.
    of course she is.
    Only a woman with EX rank luck can survive Kiritsugu.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Shirley, Natalia, Maiya, Iri... He cared for them all to one degree of another, and then he got them all killed. It's basically him trying to prevent Shirou from repeating his mistakes after the events of Zero broke him.
    When you think about it, Kerry's greatest trick as a magician was causing all those he loved to disappear.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Maybe you didn't, but that's one of Spoony's big things.
    Pointing out what's written in the actual text? Yes, it is.

To complement Seika's quote:

…Why."
    Because seeing the girl fighting and getting hurt somehow made me mad.
    No matter how strong she is or how armored she is, I think it's wrong for a girl to have to fight.

I forget, did Shiki in Tsukihime ever say anything that could be construed as misogynistic? Other than raping when going crazy I mean.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Pointing out what's written in the actual text? Yes, it is.

To complement Seika's quote:

…Why."
    Because seeing the girl fighting and getting hurt somehow made me mad.
    No matter how strong she is or how armored she is, I think it's wrong for a girl to have to fight.

In Shirou's defense, I wouldn't be particularly psyched about the prospect of watching what looked like a 14 year old boy fight Herk, or Cu, or like at all either. Maybe the way he expresses his feelings toward Saber don't jive with some people, but if you are only arguing that specifically Fate Shirou is "misogynistic," then I think that's a pretty good indicator that it's a result of a situational quirk and not really a character trait.

Though in the end I think I do agree with Nasu's own commentary on this one, I see what he was trying to do with that element of the story, but I think there were better ways it could have been done.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

See, the problem is that he isn't saying "I think it's wrong for people to fight", or "I think it's wrong for a child to fight", or something similar; he's specifically noting it's wrong for girls to fight, and this after seeing Saber fight with superhuman strength and speed. You could argue it's just clumsy writing on Nasu's part (which certainly isn't helped by the narrative constantly undermining Saber to prop up Shirou), and I don't think you'd be wrong, but as Shirou is written, he's very sexist*.

* For the record, that's a much more accurate term for his actions and beliefs than misogynistic.

Blog Entries
    I'll make sure the stenographers are informed.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    He's specifically noting it's wrong for girls to fight, and this after seeing Saber fight with superhuman strength and speed.
    And this is primarily why I don't see Shirou's behaviour as all that sexist. He clearly doesn't believe girls can't fight, or at least he'd have to literally be mentally deficient to think that after seeing Saber in action. Rather, in light of Saber's entire arc of coming to terms with her situation and giving up on her wish to change the past, together with Shirou's obvious disapproval of her life of heedless self-sacrifice, it seems much more plausible to me that Shirou's objection is not with someone who is female being in combat, but with someone who is female being forced into combat. As your quote above even mentioned, he thinks "it's wrong for a girl to have to fight."

If anything, I'd say that's Shirou promoting and reinforcing the disposability of men. And while sure that's sexist too, I feel like that's not what people mean when they claim Shirou is sexist. Either way, I would argue that's more a reflection of Shirou's view of his own disposability rather than his view on men and women in general.

Personally I think that's a much more reasonable interpretation than Shirou trudging through life in a state of perpetual cognitive dissonance, since basically every woman he comes across in the story is demonstrably more capable of handling themselves than he is. And that's without even bringing up all the housewifing Shirou does, which in my opinion at least is a clear demonstration that he's not all that worried about traditionally gendered stereotypes.

Taken in isolation, I can certainly see why someone would peg Shirou's attitudes as sexist. And I wouldn't say it's a particularly unreasonable conclusion to come to, all things considered. Certainly the way he expresses his feelings often gives that impression. But in the broader context of the story, I feel like there's more going on than can be written off by just saying he has outdated opinions about women.

Except he starts thinking that LONG before he knows about Saber's past?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I'll make sure the stenographers are informed.
    Make sure to get some wit for yourself while you're at it. :-)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The details of Saber's past are immaterial. In fact not knowing anything about Saber (ie thinking she is actually a 14~15 year old girl) makes his position even more reasonable.

My point in bringing up Saber's past is that Shirou's reaction to it shows a more detailed view of his thoughts and opinions, not that that information is what gave rise to those thoughts and opinions.

Blog Entries
    If you prefer "Wah, girls fighting is bad prima facie," we do have that too.

"…? I'm talking about you. A girl shouldn't be swinging swords around, all the more so if you're hurt.
    …Oh wait, I don't even know if it's a sword or not, huh? Anyway! You're a girl, so you can't do that!"
    (Day 3, Tōsaka Rin (II))

In any case, I think there's a very good argument that being ignorant and thinking girls literally can't fight is actually a whole lot less sexist than knowing they can fight and thinking they're ~*too precious*~ to do it anyway.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

マリーの味方
    why doesn't he complain about rin fighting

Blog Entries
    Saber only hires men
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?