Page 3290 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22902790319032403280328532883289329032913292329533003340 ... LastLast
Results 65,781 to 65,800 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you don't know much about Prisma, you probably should avoid using it as a comparison in your summary.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The idea is weak af, but I thought about making a Grail War in which the owner of the Holy Grail chooses three "virtues" and their three respective opposites to decide who else will be a Master (have to think about the reason why, but the collective sacrifice route is always an option). In the story, the chosen virtues would be Freedom, Curiosity, and Mercy; and its opposites would be Domination, Ignorance, and Cruelty. The war would start as a "good team" vs "evil team" but eventually become the typical battle royale after the current owner of the Holy Grail messes everything and everyone up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    The idea is weak af, but I thought about making a Grail War
    yes

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The idea is weak af, but I thought about making a Grail War in which the owner of the Holy Grail chooses three "virtues" and their three respective opposites to decide who else will be a Master (have to think about the reason why, but the collective sacrifice route is always an option). In the story, the chosen virtues would be Freedom, Curiosity, and Mercy; and its opposites would be Domination, Ignorance, and Cruelty. The war would start as a "good team" vs "evil team" but eventually become the typical battle royale after the current owner of the Holy Grail messes everything and everyone up.
    Not quite sure if I understand, but I doubt anyone but the most card-carrying villains would willingly identify themselves with "Ignorance" or "Cruelty".

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, the idea is weak, so don't expect anything great. That said, I wrote "Ignorance" because it was the only opposite of "Curiosity" that came to my mind, probably something like "Apathy" (as in "I don't have motivation to learn and progress") was better. "Cruelty" would probably be the edge-lady I posted at Create a Mage if some fatidic event makes me actually write the fanfic

Blog Entries
    Like I said, the idea is weak, so don't expect anything great. That said, I wrote "Ignorance" because it was the only opposite of "Curiosity" that came to my mind, probably something like "Apathy" (as in "I don't have motivation to learn and progress") was better. "Cruelty" would probably be the edge-lady I posted at Create a Mage if some fatidic event makes me actually write the fanfic
    I imagine "Apathy" would be someone who's super talented but lazy, just coasting by on their natural talents rather then trying to better themselves.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm, you're right, that definition is better. If you consider "Curiosity" as wanting to better yourself and learning other things instead of relying just in your natural talent, it could work, at least better than "Ignorance".

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Not something I plan on doing myself, but considering certain similarities in regards to their themes, I feel as though a F/SN-Undertale crossover might work. In the same way that F/SN deconstructs the typical shounen protagonist archetype, Undertale deconstructs the mechanics of RPG games (and that’s before you even get into the existential, metaphysical and philosophical issues that get brought up after starting the game over again.

There are all sorts of combinations for how to achieve this, but at the moment I don’t have time to make any examples… I’ll try tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, you're right, that definition is better. If you consider "Curiosity" as wanting to better yourself and learning other things instead of relying just in your natural talent, it could work, at least better than "Ignorance".
    Wouldn’t knowledge, as in prepossessed knowledge, be an alternative to curiosity?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Wouldn’t knowledge, as in prepossessed knowledge, be an alternative to curiosity?
    It's an option, but sounds a bit generic in my opinion (implying the others aren't generic)

Blog Entries
    Instead of a(nother) Holy Grail War, why not a mini-series of all the times Francesca Prelati was killed and came back?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, basically 100 pages of Touko beating her corpse(s) to a pulp?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Feels like it could also work as a black comedy thing. Though, for a more serious work I think it would be better focusing on fewer incarnations so it doesn't feel too out of focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    So, basically 100 pages of Touko beating her corpse(s) to a pulp?
    No, not that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Feels like it could also work as a black comedy thing. Though, for a more serious work I think it would be better focusing on fewer incarnations so it doesn't feel too out of focus.
    Yes, black comedy. The idea I had was a magus studying ways for a more permanent immortality to spend all the time they need to in order to reach the Root. They come across various methods and the people / things associated with them, one of whom / which is Prelati.
    Last edited by Historia; May 13th, 2018 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    So it has been a while since I've done a CYOA and I think the time is right to do another. I'm thinking of keeping it simple like I did with Kayneth, so I will hold a small vote here to see who wants to see what. The options are Medea, Kuzuki, Sasaki, or Shinji. Which route would you all like to see?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... Either Medea or Sasaki, I think.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Definitely Sasaki. Give us a CYOA where we can never leave the starting place.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    Definitely Sasaki. Give us a CYOA where we can never leave the starting place.
    In before we end up dragging the gate around with us like in Carnival Phantasm, or even just taking a single stone from it as a technicality.

Blog Entries
    Sasaki? Hmm I kinda put him on there as a whim but you folks really want to see him in his own story?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Obviously Kojiro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Medea all the way.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.