Page 3293 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 2293279331933243328332883291329232933294329532983303 ... LastLast
Results 65,841 to 65,860 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was talking to a friend tonight about different magic systems in different tabletop games, and I brought up Nasu style magic where the strength of a spell is inverse to how many people know of it, because not only does it mean you have to get creative with powersets, but also explains why mages are such secretive assholes. He started pondering a magical version of Wikileaks, an anonymous mage who finds out others secrets and releases them to the masses in order to screw over enemies or just blackmail with the possibility of it happening and ruining generations of work. Basically wizard Mission: Impossible to screw over the Keyneths of the Clock Tower.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    A rogue magus who sells other magi's sperm for a cheaper price than the black market.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I was talking to a friend tonight about different magic systems in different tabletop games, and I brought up Nasu style magic where the strength of a spell is inverse to how many people know of it, because not only does it mean you have to get creative with powersets, but also explains why mages are such secretive assholes. He started pondering a magical version of Wikileaks, an anonymous mage who finds out others secrets and releases them to the masses in order to screw over enemies or just blackmail with the possibility of it happening and ruining generations of work. Basically wizard Mission: Impossible to screw over the Keyneths of the Clock Tower.
    I mean that seems like an extraordinary dumb idea to me.

For one, if you're investigating a Magus's secrets and they catch you, you're probably dead. For another, even if they don't catch you you're likely to trip some kind of highly lethal security measures and you're probably dead. And of course even if you manage it other bigtime mages are likely to go "I don't wanna end up like Jake, better nip this in the bud" and then the Enforcers are sent after you and you're probably dead.

Like, cost/benefit balance doesn't really favour the dude that tries it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe go at it from the other end then? Enforcers trying to investigating a mage who's decimating the upper echelons abilities. Maybe frame it like a spy movie. The persistent question would be how this person is getting past all these bullshit traps and stuff, and why they decide to release the info instead of hoarding it for themselves like every other mage would.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

New class for servants with unconventional noble phantasm(s).

Trickster?
    Joker?
    Jester?

Your thoughts?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Of course. Certainly you do seem to be in love with magecraft. In a way you could even call yourself an investigator of magecraft." Luvia spoke, chest puffed out in anger. "But if you really knew magecraft, you would understand that all you are doing is destroying it."

Hearing that, my master adopted a terribly difficult expression. It was a mysterious look, like he had taken a bite of something nostalgically bitter.

"...my teacher once told me something similar, you know."

"You must have had a rather brilliant teacher, then."

"Of course. There was no one who could compare to him as a magus. He really is the only one suitable for the name El-Melloi...was, the only one suitable." Seeing my master's wry expression as he spoke, I unconsciously held my breath.

Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Already established Servant classes would suffice.
    The persistent question would be how this person is getting past all these bullshit traps and stuff, and why they decide to release the info instead of hoarding it for themselves like every other mage would.
    It's actually Flatt, and he doesn't know any better.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and while I'm here,

I still had these lying around in my inbox (You and Imperial might remember them):

1.) Bazett and her non-canon cousin--he being the one with more potential but abandoning the magus way and disappearing after she inherited everything--and her trying to find him whilst having a Sealing Designation on her own head.

2.) Rin coming to terms with the aftermath of a Holy Grail War with a worst case scenario ending and what it means to be a "true" magus like her designated caretaker, who is in the upper hierarchy of Clock Tower.

3.) Misaya surviving the events of Fate/Prototype as a pseudo-Dead Apostle and becoming a rouge magus, dabbling in the black market and Dead Apostle politics as an information broker.

4.) Bazett's non-canon cousin getting caught up on the wrong side of a Subcategory Holy Grail War between three powerful bloodlines--one of which gives him his place as a Master participant to spite the others after his own demise.

5.) The Lion King and Sir Bedivere love making.

6.) Third Holy Grail War.

Which of these sounds, at the least, mildly interesting?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    5.) The Lion King and Sir Bedivere love making.
    I've seen you mention this one a few times in the past, go for it and have the most self-indulgent time doing it.

"Perfectly balanced. As all swamps should be." TheSpy's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    6.) Third Holy Grail War.
    That was the war with Avenger, two Sabers and one of the Edelfelt Masters and the Tohsaka Master eloping wasn't it?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    2) or 5).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2 I feel should be sort of handled delicately, because when it comes to "traditional magus views", a lot of portrayals fall into the trap of a sort of samey conclusion. As in, "wow this is kinda fucked up, magi are dumb", but leaving it just at that and not really exploring the whys of why one would continue that type of lifestyle, beyond just traditions and so on.

I feel like 3 would work the best from an outsider's perspective, as in not from Misaya's POV, in which scraps of information are picked up and pieced together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I've seen you mention this one a few times in the past, go for it and have the most self-indulgent time doing it.
    Yes. The initial story I did where the Lion King is sent into a recreation of her past, a very long one-shot where she's walking backwards in time in her own little pocket outside time and space -- from Camelot Singularity to her past as King Arthur. From divine to man to child to... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    That was the war with Avenger, two Sabers and one of the Edelfelt Masters and the Tohsaka Master eloping wasn't it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    2) or 5).
    2 is one I've been wanting to write since I joined the site. 5, see above. I'm more or less in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    2 I feel should be sort of handled delicately, because when it comes to "traditional magus views", a lot of portrayals fall into the trap of a sort of samey conclusion. As in, "wow this is kinda fucked up, magi are dumb", but leaving it just at that and not really exploring the whys of why one would continue that type of lifestyle, beyond just traditions and so on.

I feel like 3 would work the best from an outsider's perspective, as in not from Misaya's POV, in which scraps of information are picked up and pieced together.
    2 would have to be delicate, yeah.

3 never thought of that. Well, I could combine it with 1 where Bazett is the POV, or one of the Enforcers sent after either.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Wait, Roland's a thing now?! GODDAMN IT!

So much for that gag.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    #6 is my jam, but I always like seeing people string together the breadcrumbs of what Nasu has given us about the Third. Any given Third War story is an instant-read for me. A shame that most of them end after the first or second chapter. I've been meaning to do one of my own for years and years, but I always go back to the drawing board with a new Servant roster every time I hear a new piece of folklore.

I don't care about the cousin, so 1 and 4 are non-starters for me. 2 would be my second pick because magi politics are neat and seeing a familiar character in a new context is always fun. Kirby makes a good point about how not to handle that one. 3 would be third. I don't read lemons, so 5 does nothing for me.

More importantly, you should write the one you want to write. It's your time and effort going into it. Fic authors who try to write for the crowd usually wind up feeling trapped.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

So I have an idea for a YYH x FSN. It would take place after UBW, and before the Three Kings Arc for YYH, which this story would omit. A quick basic summerization that in the time after Rin and Shirou left for London, a group of Youkai triggered the bombs left by Kerry, killed the current Church overseer, and in the chaos, made off with the Greater Grail. Rin and Shirou would return briefly to investigate, finding the leylines cut. Some years later, a grail manfiests in the Makai Realm, choosing several Youkai Masters, among whom is Yusuke. Thus begins the Makai Grail War.

Heres a general timeline, since this is a fused fic.

2004 -
    5th Grail War ends sometime in February.
    Around mid-March, Shirou and Rin graduate from high school.
    They're age 18.
    Yuusuke dies, age 14. Becomes a Reikai Detective.
    At some point after March, when Rin and Shirou leave for London, the order to enact plans to steal the Grail is given.
    The heist occurs, and an earthquakes strikes Fuyuki. In the aftermath, the Church finds its agents dead. They contact Rin.
    Rin and Shirou return from London after only a couple of months there. They find the Grail missing.

2005 -
    YYH main plot.

2006 -
    Yuusuke (age 15) becomes an S-Class Youkai and defeats Sensui.
    Makai Barrier falls.
    Plans to initiate the Makai Grail War trigger.
    Rin and Shirou are age 20.

For this crossover the Makai Realm would be the Reverse, with the Youkai being referred to as Youkai, as opposed to demons.

Already got the masters, and servants figured out. One thing I'm stilling working out that I could use some help with is how the Makai/Reverse would affect Rin and Shirous Magecraft; note that prior to entering they will be trained in along the same lines as Yusuke was in order to make sure they can survive in the Reverse.
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; July 24th, 2018 at 02:51 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Question! Why would any of the Youkai even bother to go after the Grail?

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Question! Why would any of the Youkai even bother to go after the Grail?
    They're following orders from someone that wants to use the grail for their own purposes.

Anything more and I'd being giving away a big plot twist.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    They're following orders from someone that wants to use the grail for their own purposes.

Anything more and I'd being giving away a big plot twist.
    No I mean what possible use could S Class demons possible have for it? Sensui was a scrub amongst S-Class fighters, and he had somuch power he literally couldn't fight seriously because the goddamn plannet couldn't bear the pressure.

It'd be like if a floodlight went out to buy a candlestick.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    No I mean what possible use could S Class demons possible have for it? Sensui was a scrub amongst S-Class fighters, and he had somuch power he literally couldn't fight seriously because the goddamn plannet couldn't bear the pressure.

It'd be like if a floodlight went out to buy a candlestick.
    Think about the main conflict of Three Kings Arc. What were they fighting over?

This grail war is not about Earth, its about the Makai Realm. Rin, and Shirou are in this because they feel a commitment to see the Grails dismantlement.