Page 3294 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 2294279431943244328432893292329332943295329632993304 ... LastLast
Results 65,861 to 65,880 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So the Grail is just an excuse to fight over rulership of Makai? Then why even waste time stealing it, it's not like they weren't spoiling for a fight anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    So the Grail is just an excuse to fight over rulership of Makai? Then why even waste time stealing it, it's not like they weren't spoiling for a fight anyways.
    Because it would be relatively simple, and easy way to resolve the conflict? Rather than engaging in a war, likely devastating all three kingdoms, all you have to do is kill 6 other people, get your wish, and boom! Conflict over. Nice, simple, and cost effective as far as lives go.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Okay fair enough but they can do that without the Grail.

All adding the Grail in accomplishes is giving them Servants that are already eeaker then them.

Okay fair enough but they can do that without the Grail.

All adding the Grail in accomplishes is giving them Servants that are already eeaker then them.
    Sure, because Yusuke pulled a massive gambit that only worked because Togashi wanted to wrap things up, and his editor felt that a war wouldn't bode well with the kids. I love the demon world tournament, but it really came out of left field.

The servants are getting a boost in power, both from the fact that their Masters are a hell of a lot more powerful than any 'mage' bar Zeltrech, Aoko etc., and that they are being fueled by youkai energy/true ether, since the Grail is now connected to the Makai Realm. This also means the Masters wouldn't have to provide so much upkeep as the human ones.

The trade off is that if you kill the Master the servant goes too, and if you kill the servant the master goes aswell. So there would be more emphasis on team battles because of this.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The concept seems weird, to be honest - demons summoning heroes from human legends, and said heroes going along with it? I'd read, but I'd also recommend really working on the concept before starting writing.

I wonder. The anime embellished a lot of things, but going by the manga, the strongest Reigan shot by Yusuke (the one with which he finishes off Sensui - which technically wasn't even his Reigan, but Raizen's) doesn't seem to come close to a full-power Excaliblast, for instance. It's stated Yusuke got a lot stronger for the Makai Tournament, but the manga cuts short his battle with Yomi; but even going by the anime's depiction, the only ability we see come close to the destructive power of some of the high-tier Servants is that drilling energy tornado Yomi fires at Yusuke.

- - - Updated - - -

No I mean what possible use could S Class demons possible have for it? Sensui was a scrub amongst S-Class fighters, and he had somuch power he literally couldn't fight seriously because the goddamn plannet couldn't bear the pressure.
    I also wonder about that. I'm inclined to ascribe that more to Sensui's Seikouki specifically than to just him having so much power - we don't see any other fighter damaging the environment just by powering up, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The concept seems weird, to be honest - demons summoning heroes from human legends, and said heroes going along with it? I'd read, but I'd also recommend really working on the concept before starting writing.

I wonder. The anime embellished a lot of things, but going by the manga, the strongest Reigan shot by Yusuke (the one with which he finishes off Sensui - which technically wasn't even his Reigan, but Raizen's) doesn't seem to come close to a full-power Excaliblast, for instance. It's stated Yusuke got a lot stronger for the Makai Tournament, but the manga cuts short his battle with Yomi; but even going by the anime's depiction, the only ability we see come close to the destructive power of some of the high-tier Servants is that drilling energy tornado Yomi fires at Yusuke.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wonder about that. I'm inclined to ascribe that more to Sensui's Seikouki specifically than to just him having so much power - we don't see any other fighter damaging the environment just by powering up, after all.
    We'll they are servants after all. But, yeah I'm still working things out.

As for S-Class Demons?

The reason we never saw more collateral damage again in the series was because after the Sensui arc, everything took place in the Makai realm, which was several times more durable given Sensui could power up as much as he wanted without anything similar happening. Though he destroyed massive plateaus by just punching hard, and him and Yusuke brought down this massive pillar with just clashing blows.

Yusukes Reigun when possessed wasn't Raizens, it was his power, Raizen was simply applying correctly; that was the whole point of Raizen possessing Yusuke, to show him how its done. As for its effect.

EOS Yusuke could stomp both Sensui and Black Chapter Arc Yusuke no sweat.

The only reason Yomi fought him on equal terms was because apparently Yomi had a bucket list and on that list he wanted to fight Raizen. He lowered his power to allow himself to enjoy his fight with Yusuke.
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; July 24th, 2018 at 09:16 AM.

What Raizen did was more than just use Yusuke's power properly (notice how Kurama specifically notes that even if Yusuke had proper control of his new power, Sensui would still be a bit stronger than him, or how Yusuke specifically says he absolutely couldn't have fired a Reigan of that magnitude), but I'm not interested in arguing that. The crux of my argument is that the highest level of destruction SEEN in the series (including collateral damage from punching too hard, for instance) is something which a bunch of NPs (Excalibur, Excalibur Galatine, Vasavi Shakti, Ea, Balmung, etc.) can achieve, perhaps surpass.

What Raizen did was more than just use Yusuke's power properly (notice how Kurama specifically notes that even if Yusuke had proper control of his new power, Sensui would still be a bit stronger than him, or how Yusuke specifically says he absolutely couldn't have fired a Reigan of that magnitude), but I'm not interested in arguing that. The crux of my argument is that the highest level of destruction SEEN in the series (including collateral damage from punching too hard, for instance) is something which a bunch of NPs (Excalibur, Excalibur Galatine, Vasavi Shakti, Ea, Balmung, etc.) can achieve, perhaps surpass.
    Oh for sure. I didn't want to disagree.

Me amping up the Servants is only in base stats like speed, strength etc. YYH simply does not have any answers to the sheer hax many of the servants possess IE Gae Bolg.

A few more comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    2006 -
    Yuusuke (age 15) becomes an S-Class Youkai and defeats Sensui.
    Makai Barrier falls.
    If the Makai Tournament never happens, the barrier should still be in place - remember that the Spirit World repairs the hole cut by Kuwabara after Sensui is defeated.
    Also, consider the personalities of the people involved. Yusuke, especially after the Black Chapter arc, would never employ a Servant to fight in his place, for instance.

Already got the masters, and servants figured out. One thing I'm stilling working out that I could use some help with is how the Makai/Reverse would affect Rin and Shirous Magecraft; note that prior to entering they will be trained in along the same lines as Yusuke was in order to make sure they can survive in the Reverse.
    I'd take the easy path and just assume magical energy is the same as spiritual energy, so no Rin or Shirou suffocating in Makai or anything. Their magecraft would probably work as usual, but it might be interesting to explore if Makai has any gems which can't be found on Earth and what esoteric properties they might have.

A few more comments:

If the Makai Tournament never happens, the barrier should still be in place - remember that the Spirit World repairs the hole cut by Kuwabara after Sensui is defeated.
    Also, consider the personalities of the people involved. Yusuke, especially after the Black Chapter arc, would never employ a Servant to fight in his place, for instance.
    Your right, Yusuke would never force someone to fight for him. Thats why this is a big issue for him the beginning. He's essentially strong armed into summoning a servant after nearly being taken about by the Assassin Servant, only surviving because the Rider servant intervened and bailed him out. After he summons his servant he treats them at arms length. This causes him to almost bite it against the other Masters and Servants. Him coming to terms with needing to have the servant fight alongside, and even for him, is a big point of develpment.

I'd take the easy path and just assume magical energy is the same as spiritual energy, so no Rin or Shirou suffocating in Makai or anything. Their magecraft would probably work as usual, but it might be interesting to explore if Makai has any gems which can't be found on Earth and what esoteric properties they might have.
    Well in my story idea:

Mana/Od = Spiritual Energy

True ether = Youkai Energy

The main reason for wanting Rin and Shirou training in spirit wave or something similar is to give them a strength boost prior to entering the Makai Realm. Prior to this, they'll be mainly running support for Yusuke, since Koenma would be the one that contacted them through Zeltrech. The second half of the story would take place in the Makai Realm, prior to them in the 2 weeks the would train in spirit wave, or equivalent, with Rin showing potential on-par/superior to Yusukes prior to becoming a Youkai.

At least that was the plan.

I did also have plans for the crystal tears Yukina cries for Rin to use, with them possessing some new esoteric abilities normal gems do not possess. The main issue is getting them to Rin, since Yukinas tears are a huge source of trauma for her, and Hiei is likely not to tolerate Rin asking about them. Not that Rin would mind you.
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; July 24th, 2018 at 02:14 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...er-Idea-Thread

- - - Updated - - -

*Coughs incredibly loudly*

- - - Updated - - -

Show this thread some love, y'all.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Oh.

Well now I just feel embarrassed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    So... maybe it's a wrong thread for it, but I couldn't find anything more suitable. Is anyone interested in writing a Lostbelt-type story?

After reading the translated parts about F/GO 2nd season, I came up with a plot for a similar situation. The problem is that I am really not confident about my ability to write fictional work on that scale, and I am pretty bad with writing any canon characters (Gudao in particular still remains a mystery to me, no matter what incarnation), English is not my native tongue and I also wouldn't have much time to work in the nearest future. So, is anyone wants to cooperate with me on writing the story? I am willing to provide the detailed outline of the story, including the sheets for all major OC characters, and other forms of supplementary material.

The story would be set in an alternative world to F/GO with the main and only crucial difference being that different person was chosen to be one of the Crypters instead of Hinako Akuto, so a different Servant was summoned and alternative Lostbelt created. Naturally it would be 3rd Lostbelt, because I think it is necessary for both Chaldea crew and the readers to have a grasp on this idea. I think of it as a rather straightforward adventury, with a lot of action, but also touching the themes of rulership, determination, the meaning of the past (well, yeah) and, to lesser extent, love.

Of course, I am open for suggestions (there are a lot of empty blanks even in my concept of it).

Blog Entries
    the only people dumb enough to take you up on an offer like that are barely literate themselves, so I'd say you're out of luck.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    the only people dumb enough to take you up on an offer like that are barely literate themselves, so I'd say you're out of luck.
    Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Such hostility. Did we run into each other before or it is how you talk to everyone?

His issue is with FGO, mostly.

Anyway, the idea seems interesting, Blastedspider, but I can't commit myself when I already have so much on my plate, and I doubt I can even contribute much, considering I'm not really following the Lostbelts plot.

Blog Entries
    at what point, precisely, did it become acceptable to offer people - graciously - the chance to 'collaborate' - which is to say, do the actual writing part, as undignified as we all know that is - while you sit back and offer...'ideas'...? oh, you have character sheets. supplementary material. facts! plenty of facts. and themes, too, by god - the themes your story will explore, you know it will, it'll be the best. and for your provision of...this list of 'ideas' - as if you're ordering takeout off a menu - you want to call yourself a 'co-author'?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    at what point, precisely, did it become acceptable to offer people - graciously - the chance to 'collaborate' - which is to say, do the actual writing part, as undignified as we all know that is - while you sit back and offer...'ideas'...? oh, you have character sheets. supplementary material. facts! plenty of facts. and themes, too, by god - the themes your story will explore, you know it will, it'll be the best. and for your provision of...this list of 'ideas' - as if you're ordering takeout off a menu - you want to call yourself a 'co-author'?
    If you think it's a bad idea, don't participate, or even-temperedly explain why you feel it's a poor idea (as you are now in fact doing). Being snippy for the sake of it doesn't help anyone learn.

Look, man, I have a really detailed plot of the story in my head from start to finish. It's just that I'm not a native English speaker, and it's pretty hard to produce decent literary text in this language. Also even if I started it myself, in a few months I might be unable to continue.
    I am sure that this plot is very good, and would make up for a great story, so started looking for someone who is the opposite condition to mine (can work, but don't have any particurly good ideas). I actually did something like that before, and the results were satisfying.

If that's unacceptable for you, fine, but still not sure why are you getting so angry.