Page 3312 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 2312281232123262330233073310331133123313331433173322 ... LastLast
Results 66,221 to 66,240 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Although since the military is involved in the third war an actual battleship isn't entirely out of the question.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Although since the military is involved in the third war an actual battleship isn't entirely out of the question.
    True. Though I think it would be mostly IJA as opposed to IJN involvement. The battles were mostly fought on the streets of Tokyo, if I'm correct.

Blog Entries
    Ha. Not likely. So-called "Romeo & Juliet" stories in particular drive me up the wall. That story was a tragedy, not a tale of love overcoming all.

If I ever wrote that Third Grail War fic, it would have been a loveless marriage born of the Edelfelt sister's desire to see her Saber again in sixty years. The idea of true love blooming on a battle between true blue magi strikes me as silly. Something as cold and goal-oriented as marrying for a ritual strikes me as much more magus-flavored.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    a loveless marriage born of the Edelfelt sister's desire to see her Saber again in sixty years
    That doesn't sound very cold and goal oriented. To me it sounds like a sad and pathetic lovesick child that wasted their life pining.

That doesn't sound very cold and goal oriented. To me it sounds like a sad and pathetic lovesick child that wasted their life pining.
    Agreed. Besides, it's way more fun to imagine belligerent sexual tension that became actually something. Also, I always imagined it as the younger Edelfelt sister having nowhere to go once the war ended or she lost, and the Tohsaka heir took her in. Also, if mages are supposed to be family oriented, then what she did, even if it wasn't a blow to the Edelfelts, was definitely a boon to their rivals, which kinda puts a damper on the whole coldly arranged part.

Besides, the Tohsakas as a whole have been considered weirdos for a while. Tokiomi alone doesn't fit that description as far as we know.

Blog Entries
    Fair point

In either case, it slakes my thirst for tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Besides, it's way more fun to imagine belligerent sexual tension that became actually something.
    This trope is stupid.

Never in my life have I been arguing with someone and started thinking how lovely her eyes were. "Belligerent sexual tension" is an oxymoron.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    This trope is stupid.

Never in my life have I been arguing with someone and started thinking how lovely her eyes were. "Belligerent sexual tension" is an oxymoron.
    Your idea of pining after a dead hero is just as stupid. Besides, it adds a fair bit of light-heartedness to an otherwise 100% grim work. In any case, it doesn't have to be an oxymoron, since the arguing could turn to respect which could then turn to attraction. Fantasies aside, I always imagined that marriage as happening because as I mentioned previously, the Edelfelt sister had nowhere to go, and she probably sought refuge with the Tohsakas, and the Tohsaka heir and she got married and became relatively cordial.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; October 1st, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Fair point

If you want to go for tragedy:

Tohsaka is genuinely attracted to younger edelfelt. She uses this to form an alliance with him to take out "That Bitch" of a Sister. Big Sis thinks that her beloved little sister has bern killed/kidnapped and goes to the rescue but ends up beaten, learns of the betrayal and escapes.

Leaving little sis and Tohsaka stuck in a loveless marriage together while big sis suffers over a terrible betrayal in secrecy to protect the family pride.

Suffering for everyone!

Fair point

Ah, I see. We think very differently in that case, for I don't like adding more tragedy than is necessary for the setting. There's enough tragedy from canon, and a little hope for me isn't a bad thing. Also, I personally think the tragedy would be how the war forced two sisters, likely twins or really close in age, apart regardless of how Tohsaka factors into this.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to go for tragedy:

Tohsaka is genuinely attracted to younger edelfelt. She uses this to form an alliance with him to take out "That Bitch" of a Sister. Big Sis thinks that her beloved little sister has bern killed/kidnapped and goes to the rescue but ends up beaten, learns of the betrayal and escapes.

Leaving little sis and Tohsaka stuck in a loveless marriage together while big sis suffers over a terrible betrayal in secrecy to protect the family pride.

Suffering for everyone!
    That's a decent tragic idea, though eventually the secret would have to have leaked out because by Hollow, Luvia is very aware of what happened.

Your idea of pining after a dead hero is just as stupid.
    Unrelated but what's your opinion on Last Episode

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Unrelated but what's your opinion on Last Episode
    Not my favorite. I never shipped Shirou x Saber to begin with either.

Admittedly, it does open up the possibility of a human getting to Avalon, which I find intriguing.

Blog Entries
    the arguing could turn to respect which could then turn to attraction.
    Have you ever dated anyone for more than a month?
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Have you ever dated anyone for more than a month?
    Personally no, so yeah. Will admit I was stretching there. Then again, it doesn't even have to be belligerent. I just used the word because they'd be enemies.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ]This trope is stupid.

Someone's clearly never heard of hatesex. Or heck, you don't even need to go that far. Ever heard of "like an old married couple" as a synonym for two people who argue and bicker a lot, but totally love each other?

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure in the Third Holy Grail War there's so much sexual tension between the Edelfelt twins they have start french kissing in the climax.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    Pretty sure in the Third Holy Grail War there's so much sexual tension between the Edelfelt twins they have start french kissing in the climax.
    I approve of this, but wouldn't that mean the older Edelfelt sister gets NTRed?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Someone's clearly never heard of hatesex. Or heck, you don't even need to go that far. Ever heard of "like an old married couple" as a synonym for two people who argue and bicker a lot, but totally love each other?
    That describes Shirou x Rin, one of the bigger Fate ships. But for that to work for those two, they'd have to have allied relatively early in the war.

And before hatesex, there's the hatecrush.

On another note, it would be ironic if Tokiomi, the man who strove to be the perfect magus, had parents who actually kinda liked each other and were more lax on the whole magus thing.

- - - Updated - - -

When there's twin girls in anime, it always has to get weird...yare yare.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; October 1st, 2018 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    I find that the people who talk up hate sex have never had it, and the people who subscribe to the idea of "arguing like an old married couple" have never been in a relationship that draining and depressing.

These are toxic ideas that need to die out in our society. They brainwash people into thinking bitterness is the norm, that we should brush off the very real issues making us spiteful and angry in the name of "love."

There is nothing cute or romantic about a relationship so broken it cannot be fixed. It is possible for two people to love each other very much and not be right for each other. Sometimes you have to walk away from those you love before you drive each other to hate.

Gross
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

I find that the people who talk up hate sex have never had it, and the people who subscribe to the idea of "arguing like an old married couple" have never been in a relationship that draining and depressing.

These are toxic ideas that need to die out in our society. They brainwash people into thinking bitterness is the norm, that we should brush off the very real issues making us spiteful and angry in the name of "love."

There is nothing cute or romantic about a relationship so broken it cannot be fixed. It is possible for two people to love each other very much and not be right for each other. Sometimes you have to walk away from those you love before you drive each other to hate.

Gross
    This is clearly very personal to you, and I certainly respect that. However, I think you misunderstand what "Like an old married couple" even refers too. It refers to bickering without the bite that comes from actual fighting, which is certainly possible in real life as long as certain lines aren't crossed. I will agree about the hate sex part. Have never had it, but it sounds awful, and I think it was brought up as a possibility for how there could be chemistry between two enemy masters.

Blog Entries

Personally, I feel that the appeal of "like an old married couple" is that the two are secure enough in their love that can they can argue and bicker, without that undermining their relationship or feelings for each other. It's completely different than two people who legitimately can't stand each other but stay together for whatever reason.

And I only brought up the hatesex thing as a joke. There's really no circumstance where that isn't fucked up in real life.