Page 3334 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 233428343234328433243329333233333334333533363339 ... LastLast
Results 66,661 to 66,680 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe have it as some kind of Geas contract the MC's under as a reason he can't just up and leave when shit goes down. Something like "you must protect the family magics" so that when the option is put forward he can wiggle out by taking it himself.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Good idea! Thank you, I appreciate it, I think I'll do that!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Hey, I've written about 6 and a half pages of this fic so far in a google doc, and I'm about worried about posting any of it. I've read a few fics on the site, and they all seem much more interesting right off the bat, and I'm worried because I feel like mine meanders more. I feel like I just write in a longer form, so in a novel like format it would be fine, but I'm kinda worried how it will be received. What should I do?

Blog Entries
    Post and be damned
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you are losing-sleep-over-it-worried, then post in the Beta readers thread and look for some outside input.

If you are worried-but-not-enough-you-want-to-get-others-involved, just go ahead and post it. Unless you intentionally start picking fights with people, I doubt you'll get much worse than "I didn't like X in your story," which is probably pretty helpful feedback if you're just starting.

Or basically,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Post and be damned
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    You make a good point. I suppose it might just be nerves from not posting anything to a public forum like this before. I think I'll write a bit more, and post it within the next few days, and just be damned.

Is there a recommended minimum content length before asking for a beta? I have about 4 pages of a doc, but I'm not sure if it's too little for an investment of someone's time.

Blog Entries
    For instance, a subspecies Holy Grail War in Greece would create a struggle for a “catalyst of Heracles”, and the magi who managed to get it would win… In other words, the whole thing seems to go full circle and turn into a simple battle of magecraft between magi in the end. As a cute one-time divorcee magus said, “Rather, the whole idea of fighting that macho guy in his homeland is seriously ridiculous in the first place.”
    After the use of Heracles was forbidden as a result of that, the next war turned into a competition over the catalyst of Achilles, and so there has never been a proper Holy Grail War held in Greece.
    Ever since I read that, I've been thinking about a short revolving around one of these Herc Wars.

Namely, I was picturing a young Kiritsugu and Natalia taking the job to swoop in and steal a catalyst tied to Herc ahead of a Greek Grail War, running into several other Enforcers, freelancers, legbreakers, assassins, and ne'er-do-wells. Apocrypha-land Cornelius Alba would almost certainly be one of them just so I could mine Kerry's vengeance boner for drama. There might also be an Ygg, an Aozaki, maybe even Shirou K. popping in as a cameo. But probably not all of them or else it would just be a gelatinous mess of references without anything else to offer.

In typical Kerry fashion, the story would end on the downbeat note. I picture Kerry being forced to destroy the catalyst before the collateral damage gets even more out of hand or, worse yet, actually getting his hands on it and presenting it to a buyer who no longer wants anything to do with it. Word just came down from the Clock Tower that anyone dealing in Herc-related artifacts will be blacklisted by the Association after one too many bloodbaths that threaten to expose them to the public.

That, or something about Luvia and Shero's wild Fem's Casa adventure.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I'm always interested in reading anything with familiar characters in unfamiliar situations.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Something I've been cooking inside my head for a while:
    My brain A Russian Spetsnaz sorcery division doing magi thingy
    (In this fanfic) the Russians dislike the clock tower so much that they created these divisions to fight anything tainting our Homeland that threaten to increase the clock tower's influence in Russian lands.
    The MC will be this guy (with some tweaks) and the story would follow the operations mentioned in his sheet: Ptitsa offensive (an obscure government political move involving magic things), Izhevsk incident (a massacre of some magi) and Yefimovich disaster (something).
    But I don't have enough material about Nasuverse Russian magi organizations/laws/events/anything, also don't have enough ideas.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Would genuinely love something like this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Is there a recommended minimum content length before asking for a beta? I have about 4 pages of a doc, but I'm not sure if it's too little for an investment of someone's time.
    I don't think there is something like that, just ask the beta if he's interested and willing to read something short
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    Something I've been cooking inside my head for a while:
    My brain A Russian Spetsnaz sorcery division doing magi thingy
    (In this fanfic) the Russians dislike the clock tower so much that they created these divisions to fight anything tainting our Homeland that threaten to increase the clock tower's influence in Russian lands.
    The MC will be this guy (with some tweaks) and the story would follow the operations mentioned in his sheet: Ptitsa offensive (an obscure government political move involving magic things), Izhevsk incident (a massacre of some magi) and Yefimovich disaster (something).
    But I don't have enough material about Nasuverse Russian magi organizations/laws/events/anything, also don't have enough ideas.
    This sounds like ten pounds of awesome in a one pound bag.

There's no real information about the Russian magi sub-culture in Nasuverse because it's something Nasu has never really tackled. You have a blank check. Go wild.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Just wanted to share my idea of fanfic, sorry for my bad english:

The story is set after Extella Link.

It turns out some of the humans who came to the moon as its denizens after Extella are actually spies/Wizards sent by the Plutocracy, bidding their time to try and take over its mainframe. The Wizards are either members of the Western European Plutocracy or mercenaries they hired.

The situations in the Moon Cell after MC stopped Karl's Oraclization, turns out to be just the opening they're waiting for to hijack the system and recreate a battle royale similar to a regular Holy Grail War, and the Wizards of Plutocracy have taken over several areas of SE.RA.PH alongside their summoned Servants, with each Wizard rule over their own areas while expanding them to reach the Holy Grail. There's also several neutral Servants summoned not siding with the Plutocracy or Hakuno, either new or formerly aligned with Hakuno.

At the start of the story, they're united in their goals to bring down Hakuno, and then compete with each other afterwards and whoever managed to reach Moon Cell's Holy Grail will be able to achieve status and wealth on Earth or any request within Plutocracy's power. In the middle of story, their battle is affected by the arrival of second Velber, complicating the matters. A three-way battle between Hakuno's faction, Wizards sent by the Western European Plutocracy and their summoned Servants, and the Alien invasion.

Spoiler:
    Leonardo B. Harwey's body back on Earth has been preserved by Plutocracy in hopes of resurrecting him. Although it is claimed that an empty shell cannot be revived, Moon Cell has been collecting countless data from previous Holy Grail Wars, from Servants performances to Masters' personal informations, including that of Leo's. From said informations it's capable to make new NPCs in their images. Plutocracy's additional goal is the possibility to salvage the data/soul of their fallen Scion and install it back to his body. (I'm thinking in a way like Sakura's route ending in CCC)

I took some inspirations from Cosmos in the Lostbelt and Apocrypha, trying to recreate the same situation in EXTRA. I apologize if there are things that aren't possible in this scenario since I've only read from secondhand informations.

Is there a detailed fanfic of the story of Emiya Alter ? I need a fanfic on him and kiara who turned him to a alter.

So um, hey everyone. I know I rarely post and I'm more ghost than active member, but this one thing has been bugging me for a while and this seemed the best place to ask.Is anyone in here willing or able to take fanfiction commissions?Because I'm stuck in rarepair hell and cannot for my life write the fic I would like to read?It would be like 10K, btw. Just leaving it here, in case anyone is interested, it would be Gilgamesh/Rin (I would be okay with a dark romance based off FSN Gilgamesh, something more grey with Caster Gil or some more candid romance with Proto Gil).
    Originally posted by Moczo >>

“Don’t hold your breath.”

“I can hold my breath for twenty minutes, Rin. This will come in very handy later, in ways you have probably not thought of. But you will.” Gilgamesh Who Wanted to Have Sex With Rin purred.
    Spoiler:
    Ahhh, the struggle: Not finding the fics you want =>The need to write them =>The fear of ending messing it all up... Will I ever be able to write that fic?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I doubt anyone would be willing to take commissions unless you've got some sort of plan for compensation plan. Sorry, but...

Oh.
    Never mind; I was going to recommend a fic to you, but it's in your signature...

However, I'm sure you could get some help. What are you struggling with? Maybe someone will be able to give you some advice.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

I started trying to write something... well, plan it more like, but I've had the unfortunate realization that I've linked writing things to catharsis when my depression is really acting up so... emmm... now that I'm on antidepressants it's hard-ish to get into the mood, or the mindset, if you will.

And I was indeed thinking of compensating. The price would probably have to be negotiated a tad more but I was thinking that, for the full proyect? Would be endlessly grateful to be able to pay in quotas and not all at once, since I also have college to deal with, but then I'm not like, expecting them to just whip out 10K words out of thin air or in a week.

Again, needs further discussion and agreements, but that would also include a contract (I've been told it's a good idea for both the writer and the commissioner), and agreeing what the story would be, and the like.

Mostly I'm looking for someone who knows more about the Nasuverse than I do, or at least is willing to write Rin and Gilgamesh, because by everything holy the Fate franchise not to mention the Nasuverse as a whole goes well over my head. I've started to watch F/GO Babylonia but asides from that, mostly just played the FSN VN, saw Ufotable's anime adaptations of F/Z and the UBW route and that's it...
    Last edited by Brytte Myst; December 10th, 2019 at 11:25 PM.

“I can hold my breath for twenty minutes, Rin. This will come in very handy later, in ways you have probably not thought of. But you will.” Gilgamesh Who Wanted to Have Sex With Rin purred.
    Spoiler:
    Ahhh, the struggle: Not finding the fics you want =>The need to write them =>The fear of ending messing it all up... Will I ever be able to write that fic?

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I recommend you find an author whose work you like and PM them directly.

I'm sure there are plenty of people (myself included) who would entertain the idea, but once you get into the territory of money changing hands, I think it's fair to take a bit more control than "whoever happens to notice me in the Fanfics thread." And you would probably be a lot happier with the whole process if you knew the work was coming from an author you already knew and liked.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Ummm... well said, indeed.

Will have to familiarize myself with fanfic authors, then. Any way, thank you all!

Spoiler: