Page 3278 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22782778317832283268327332763277327832793280328332883328 ... LastLast
Results 65,541 to 65,560 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    subspecies grail wars my man
    I sometimes wish people would actually try to do this, since it gets around the Fuyuki HGW and involving the usual suspects. I've thought briefly about depicting Waver and Kayneth's, but then I hit that wall of "I just don't care enough about them though to try that hard."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    A long time ago there was a vague idea of saving the world from the apocalypse and the four horsemen of it and Servants cropping out of nowhere from a system devised from the Fuyuki grail and is this sounding somewhat familiar

A Nasuverse take on the Arthurian story Lanval

A story in which an old lady is taking care of a mansion with orphaned children all the same age except one that's slightly younger, and as the story goes you realize they're all reincarnations of SHIKI, Kohaku, Akiha, and Shiki; and so you can guess who the old lady taking care of them is, and yeah, I'm a jackass like that, I just want your pain and suffering.

A story which seems like its just a Shiki in school, only he's spouting some oddly chatty and philosophical things for Shiki, and then you realize its just before he's due to move back in with the Tohno, and then weird things start happening around town that he gets drawn into, and then in the end he confronts the fact that who he's about to down is actually Shiki Nanaya-taken-by-Roa, and he's actually SHIKI Tohno, and all he can do is lament how his family screwed over his best friend and would-be-brother's future.

Kiritsugu meets Maiya for the first time, then years later, Shirou meets Sigma.

Action bit of Bazett's actual meetings with Kotomine, and her eventual summoning of Lancer.

Shiki in Apocrypha. Shiki's limited life to the fullest vs Darnic's extended life for one reason. Shiki's inevitable doom of everything vs Amakusa's salvation. Shiki's gland vs a holy woman, an octopus woman, a man woman, and an elf woman.

On his Grand Justice Tour as an adult, Shirou comes across a prostitute about to be murdered by a mage for a ritual and befriends her, returning every so often to visit her as years go by.

Spoilers for Hearts
    Julius jacks part of the Fuyuki system, the Harweys were puppeteering the Einzberns, because of the chaos they caused in Japan Waver and Rin can't help, so Hakuno goes to Atlas, gets help from Sion in the form of a "relative" and chases after the Harweys as they use part of the Fuyuki system to summon a Servant and move toward world domination in a town called Aylesbury.

I mean, I may get to these eventually, but once upon a time that was a lot more likely when I had time. Now I really don't.
    Yeah, I've seen you bandy about the idea of the post-Hearts story and Shiki-in-Apocrypha before. Can't say I blame you for not being super into projects of that size when Hearts is already such a behemoth.

I'd go all-in on any one of the others, but I'm especially keen on the Kiritsugu/Maiya -> Shirou/Sigma bit and the Bazett and Kirei adventure.

I sometimes wish people would actually try to do this, since it gets around the Fuyuki HGW and involving the usual suspects. I've thought briefly about depicting Waver and Kayneth's, but then I hit that wall of "I just don't care enough about them though to try that hard."
    I'd read this one, too. Opens up a lot of doors that Zero left closed like Kayneth having his duel or getting Saber-Diarmuid, Waver having a face-to-face with his old teacher instead of being cowed from the shadows by Kayneth's threats, etc. Not to mention the off-the-wall Servant choices that could play wonderfully off of Alexander. I imagine the big guy trading philosophies and barbs with everyone from Cao Can to Koschei the Deathless to one of the many other Robin Hoods.
    Last edited by Imperial; January 7th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    You could BS some reason for the newbie Master to work around the Fuyuki limitations. Half the fun of a Grail War is watching it go off the rails with curveballs like Gilgamesh or Gilles.
    The trick is to come up with an original way of doing that. Having an OP Servant suddenly doing something outrageous is fine, but there are other ways to raise the stakes. You can do that even without powerful Servants. I would say a good thing to do would be to focus on an internal conflicts in multiple characters, while external factors exacerbate things, like how so much of Zero is spent breaking Saber. It’s not the fighting that does it, or how powerful the other Servants are: It’s just about how the other participants, both Servant and Master are playing their hands.

I kinda still like the usual suspects. I mean, I dunno when Hearts is gonna start back up again, and we don’t really have a true sequel to any specific FSN routes featuring the main cast. So HGWs can still be used for that. Besides, HGW fics can still be good, provided you handle the cast properly and don’t just make it a huge slugging match like Apoc.

Quite frankly, right now I’m just aggravated that Chaos Spiral is going to end up on the backburner while I write my contest entry. Though on the other hand, the contest entry is focused on one character in particular who I haven’t seen anywhere yet, and I am pretty excited to work on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Koschei the Deathless is the king who chases after the Firebird, right? Or am I getting my myths confused again?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I sometimes wish people would actually try to do this.
    I am, so there's one.

Blog Entries
    Something about how Ciel is tied up in an assignment halfway across the world, forcing the Church to send one of their few guys in "nearby" Fuyuki to investigate the rumors of bloodsuckers in Misaki Town

tl;dr Kirei in Tsukihime, mostly there to have creepy interactions with Shiki and stir the pot rather than do much vampire fighting

Though this would force me to reinstall and finish Tsukihime and I'm on the fence about that. I didn't like Shiki as a POV character, and I wonder if time will change any of that.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    IIRC they knew that it was Roa and not just any bloodsucker, so I don't think they'd send just Kirei.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ciel sensed a disturbance in the Roa-waves that sent her Roa-sense tingling
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Oh, speaking of Ciel, there's this old fan vn called The Law of Contradiction. The summary:

Years prior to the events of the fifth Holy Grail War, the seal designated enforcer —Bazett Fraga McRemitz— was issued an order.
    Her mission is the target apprehension and the enemy extermination.
    The target is a Dead Apostle. The enemy, an agent from the Church.
    A former member of the Clock Tower, magus whose banal ambitions lead him to throw himself away.
    And one of the many Dead Apostle hunters.
    While drawing the picture of the agent in her mind, Bazett heads towards that city.

Under the rainfall of a misty metropolis.
    A new battle outbursts.
    I think Nasu even commented on it here:

Quote Originally Posted by 2007/1/9 : 遅れました。(きのこ)
    ・The Law of Contradiction
     サークル・玖次元さんの同人ゲーム。
     シエル好き&バゼット好きは是非プレイしてほしい。一時間ぐらいでサクッと終わるのですが、その短さがた いへん気持ちよく、さながら映画を見ているよう。
     ゲームである事を踏まえたテキスト、カメラワークを意識して描かれたカット、ボイスレスだからこそ栄える ド派手なサウンド。そのどれもが我を主張しつつも、一つの目的地に向けて疾走している。まだ荒削りだが、だ からこそ伝わってくる熱量は本物だ。
     ……くそう、俺も早く月姫2作りてぇなあ……。

After reading Vertigo's Lucifer series for maybe the 100th time, the basic plot of The Morningstar Option always stuck with me as Nasu-ish.
    A velleity is described as "the lowest degree of volition, a slight wish or tendency."
    The basic premise would be this self-fulfilling wish-granting curse begins collecting these offhand wishes to fill its own "Grail", as it were. The Three Families obviously aren't happy about their thunder being stolen and cooperate to seal the velleity before it sparks its own HGW.
    Nothing fleshed out. Does this even make sense.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Do you know what Nasu's comment says?

Grand Order / Roadtrip Engagement

//

Just to reconfirm -- for the preservation of her sanity -- Leonardo flicked the switch beneath the screen to her right.

[Future Forecast,] said an automated voice. [This vehicle is projected to actualize across the Liminal Boundary of the targeted Euclidean continuity -- designation: Lostbelt 01 -- as of meta-chronology AD 2018, Spring. Countdown to time of actualization is estimated at 3 months.]

Leonardo felt her eye twitch involuntary.

"Are we there yet?" asked the voice of a teenager from the back of the compartment.

"No, Gudako," Leonardo replied. "For the 14,778th time, no. I've been keeping count. Keep this up, and you're going to give me premature wrinkles."

"Are we there yet?" asked a different voice -- eliciting a sigh from Leonardo.

"Et tu, Mashu?" she asked. "I swear, if anyone asks again, I'm gonna turn this goddamn car around, and we can all freeze together in Antarctica."

"... I'm sorry, da Vinci-chan," said Mashu, after a moment, "but this is honestly a really long car-ride."

In the seat beside Leonardo, Holmes chuckled, holding his unlit pipe before him.

"Don't worry," he said. "I'm almost certain that we'll run into some sort of existential crisis before we arrive."

"... damned Management," said Gudako.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Keep going, keep going, keep going, I will beg if I have to.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    Grand Order / Roadtrip Engagement

//

Just to reconfirm -- for the preservation of her sanity -- Leonardo flicked the switch beneath the screen to her right.

[Future Forecast,] said an automated voice. [This vehicle is projected to actualize across the Liminal Boundary of the targeted Euclidean continuity -- designation: Lostbelt 01 -- as of meta-chronology AD 2018, Spring. Countdown to time of actualization is estimated at 3 months.]

Leonardo felt her eye twitch involuntary.

"Are we there yet?" asked the voice of a teenager from the back of the compartment.

"No, Gudako," Leonardo replied. "For the 14,778th time, no. I've been keeping count. Keep this up, and you're going to give me premature wrinkles."

"Are we there yet?" asked a different voice -- eliciting a sigh from Leonardo.

"Et tu, Mashu?" she asked. "I swear, if anyone asks again, I'm gonna turn this goddamn car around, and we can all freeze together in Antarctica."

"... I'm sorry, da Vinci-chan," said Mashu, after a moment, "but this is honestly a really long car-ride."

In the seat beside Leonardo, Holmes chuckled, holding his unlit pipe before him.

"Don't worry," he said. "I'm almost certain that we'll run into some sort of existential crisis before we arrive."

"... damned Management," said Gudako.
    Now I'm hoping something like this happens. :

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was surprised at how popular Letters From Tohsaka got on ff.net, until I realized that it's basically the exact story that everyone in the ff.net fate fandom wants.
    Last edited by Draconic; January 17th, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I was surprised at how popular Letters From Tohsaka got on ff.net, until I realized that it's basically the exact story that everyone in the ff.net fate fandom wants.
    Sort of slice-of-life stuff?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    basically the exact story that everyone in the ff.net fate fandom wants.
    shirou in fgo with interchangeable harem

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Your hate-on for Shirou is stunning.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The ff.net community seems to have wanted a UBW sequel for quite some time, and that's what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    What is the point of this even? Can't tell which you hate more, Shirou or ff.net patrons.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Your hate-on for Shirou is stunning.
    It isn't misplaced.

Blog Entries
    He's my favorite character to come out of the Fate franchise, so I can't agree with that on any level.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english