Page 3320 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 2320282032203270331033153318331933203321332233253330 ... LastLast
Results 66,381 to 66,400 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Servant's aren't beholden to the laws of physics because they're mysteries
    beings or things of mystery run according to the rules of mystery

- - - Updated - - -

I think a better idea would just be to rewrite a creation myth into nasu sci-fi
    but then you would need to find a creation myth that can be rewritten in a space opera
    So what happens in a medium where those laws simply do not apply?

Thus the premise: Nasuverse characters find out they are now powerless!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's been done it's called chibichuki
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's been done it's called chibichuki
    Maybe with less chibiness then?

I was thinking something along the lines of them coming to our world and being bound to our laws and the like... You know, since self inserts have superpowers, it makes sense "evicted" characters have none instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    No, that's stupid.

Look miss, you can shit on powerless servants not being chibis all you like, but I will tolerate no criticism towards this concept that is older than me, you and probably everyone else in this bloody forum.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    People used to reuse bloody medical tools too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    People used to reuse bloody medical tools too.
    People used to ride on horses too... guess one use horses still have...

'sides, DC can't possibly be wrong...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    guess one use horses still have...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oi, that wasn't even a pun thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You know the worst of it? I never understood where this joke came from. Why are horses associated with glue?

Blog Entries
    You know the worst of it? I never understood where this joke came from. Why are horses associated with glue?
    One fate for dead horses is that they get turned into glue. It's why whenever in a race a horse stumbles, a typical joke is "off to the glue factory".

Because, y'know, they'll be euthanized.

Any livestock animal, in fact - IIRC, that's why Elmer is a bull. I think we associate it with horses because unlike other livestock, we don't regularly send lots of horses to meat-packing plants, so glue is the main thing we think of as "happening" to a dead horse.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

After reading the sources, I can safely say I'm both disgusted and not surprised in the least...

That was just cruel, even if the horse was dead.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I agree. It’s in extremely bad taste.

I was thinking something along the lines of them coming to our world and being bound to our laws and the like... You know, since self inserts have superpowers, it makes sense "evicted" characters have none instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    No, that's stupid.
    Bad Shrapnel. Character extractions have a much higher chance of being decent quality than self-inserts.

That said, I’ve seen you propose a bunch of ideas in here AsGryffynn, so why not just focus on one of them and show us some results.
    Last edited by Draconic; November 23rd, 2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

So, I posted this idea on another forum recently and thought that I should perhaps share it with you guys aswell:

Spoiler:
    So recently, I've been watching a lot of shows that are set in fantasy settings and/or reincarnation is a major part of the plot, such as Overlord, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime, and Goblin Slayer. While reading a quest called "Fate: Conquest" by Spartacus (which you can find on this site in the IC Roleplay section), I got this idea for a possible fic. Now before I begin, please know that my knowledge I have about the extended Type-Moon universe is very limited and it mainly uses ideas from the Fate-verse.

In the not-to-distant future, VR technology makes giant leaps in development that ultimately result in the development of a system that can completely envelop its user in the game they play, similar to the VR systems you see in SAO and Overlord. As a result, VR gaming explodes in popularity and it quickly overshadows regular gaming as most companies begin to turn their efforts into creating new VR games. One game that comes out is known as (Game title still in development) that is set on a fantasy world where magic is common and contains many creatures that exist in a Type-Moon work one way or another. There are classes that are based on the various professions in the TM-verse (Magus, Church Executor, etc) and can either be chosen upon starting, obtain by advancing in a starting class, or earned by completing a certain objective or achievement. Perks are also present and vary from more mundane skills (crafting magical items, proficiency with a certain weapon type, etc) to the more magical powers (Mystic Eyes, proficiency in a certain school of Magecraft, etc). Like classes, perks can be earned by either leveling up or completing a certain objective.

The most powerful classes, however, can be taken by obtaining what is known as a Class Card, rare items that infuses the user with the power of a Heroic Spirit and grants them the abilities of said spirit. Class Cards themselves are rare as it is due to only one existing for each Heroic Spirit and the difficulty on obtaining one depends on the power of the Spirit (The Card for Hector would be easier to obtain than the Card for Achilles and so on). They are also dropped upon the death of the player and can be taken by their killer unless they are already using a Class Card.

Anyways, the story takes place a few months after the game is released, there are some fairly high-level players around and some people have already obtained Class Cards and dominate the ranks. One day though, each and every player finds themselves in the game, now their reality, and as their avatars. Panic ensues for a time before most come to accept that the game is now real and begin to rally around more powerful players, mainly those with Class Cards of powerful Heroic Spirits while those with weaker Class Cards ally themselves to those with stronger ones, minus some that operate independently. This eventually leads to the formation of new nations and governments that quickly seize land from any NPC, now living people, that owns it. These nations are mainly run by Class Card users, who are now starting to slowly inherit the personality traits of the Heroic Spirit, with the strongest of them being the main leader. Many Class Cards are still not taken however, the most powerful ones are still hidden somewhere in the world. The story begins to revolve around an independent band of adventurers that discover the Class Card of Scathach after raiding a dungeon based of Celtic legends. Meanwhile, tensions are brewing between the various nations and war seems to be on the horizon.

The ideas I had for nations so far would be:

The Second Roman Empire: The most powerful nation at the start. Militaristic and Expansionist, the 2nd Empire is a centralized state with a well-disciplined military. Dominated by users with the Class Cards of Roman emperors and generals, the Empire is always looking for an excuse to expand their realm and, with the current situation, they may just have it. The 2nd Empire is headed by the user with the Class Card of Romulus.

The State of the Church:
    A Theocracy only in name, the Church is ruled by a hierarchy of "Living Saints" and is headed by the user with the Class Card of Jeanne d'Arc. Respected by most of the other powers in the world, the Church usually acts as a mediator between two hostile nations and always tries to end things peacefully, but with current tensions, it's proving to be nearly impossible now.

The Carolingian Federation:
    Based on the Holy Roman Empire of old, the Federation was the first nation that was formed by players due to its more decentralized way of governing and granting regions outside the capital considerable autonomy. In recent times though, the Federation has been in an era of stagnation and decline and may find itself woefully unprepared if war were to erupt. The Federation is headed by the Class Cards users of Charlemagne and his Paladins.

The Realm of the Round Table:
    Also known as New Britain, the Realm is a nation of knights, chivalry, and faith, united by the once and future king!....If they were here that is. In truth, the Throne has been vacant for quite some time and has been ruled by a Regency Council that consists of members of the Round Table, with the actual Regent being someone with an unknown Class Card. The Realm proclaims that the only one who will sit on the Throne will be the one who finds the Class Card of the great King Arthur, though some feel that may be an excuse for the Regency to stay in power. Though it has the potential to be the most powerful nation in the world, it's fighting multiple wars against the armies of various "Pretenders to the Throne" AKA those who have Class Cards of alternate versions of their King (Lancers and Alters) that the Regency refuse to acknowledge as their liege.

The Empire of the Conqueror:
    The perfect description of an army with a state, the Empire of the Conqueror is a nation where each civilian is a soldier that fights against the world in an effort to conquer it, either by fighting on the frontlines or producing materials for the war effort. Considered a rogue state by all others, they are still a major threat to those who border it due to its policy of complete mobilization and the large number of Class Card users it has. As you may have guessed, it's headed by the one who has the Class Card of Iskandar.

The Army of Oblivion:
    Similar to the Empire of the Conqueror, the Army of Oblivion is a roaming force that pillages and destroys everything in its path. A bastion for necromancers (necromancy is banned in most nations) and those seen as criminals and monsters, the Army seeks to destroy the world and rule the ashes. The one who heads the Army is the Class Card user of Jeanne d'Arc Alter.

No-Man's Land:
    Not a nation officially, No-Man's Land is a mountainous region consisting of small villages and hamlets. While many other nations tried to invade the region, they found themselves stopped by the mountainous terrain and the guardians of the land: the 19 Hassans, who disrupts the invading forces through a combination of sabotaging their supply lines and assassinating the chain of command. While headed by the Old Man of the Mountain/King Hassan, he barely interferes in internal affairs and the Hassans rule in his name, independent of one another. They will always obey the first Hassan if he issues an order and they will do so faithfully, lest they risk their heads.

Thoughts?

Mmmm.... it's okay, I guess. Is it set in the Nasuverse world, ala Fate Revelations Online, or is it a story where Type-Moon works are fictional?
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

I hadn't decided on that yet actually, setting it in a world where it's fiction would make more sense, but I can also introduce some familiar faces if I set it in the actual Nasuverse

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's already a framework in the nasuverse for a VR game about the nasuverse as long as your willing to go Extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by fate the fact
    CASE 1
    He is one of the original authors who’s rumoured to appear in the virtual-experience gaming platform enjoyed by 20 million people around the world, ‘Heaven’s Feel Online’. However, before he released his latest work “Moon Princess”, which was eagerly expected by gaming fans all over the world, he had disappeared without a trace. No one knows whether mysterious novelist (we aren’t even sure of his gender) is dead or still alive. It had been more than 10 years since his disappearance. Also, it is still a mystery whether the character that appeared in “Heaven’s Feel Online”, which is similar to the said novelist, is actually himself or a NPC. At least, the management company have denied the NPC theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.